The Eagle Lord

Warhammer 40k Kill Team GW Campaign NOOBS WELCOME!

@The Eagle Lord

i cant figure out from your pictures - but it looks like the terrain wasn’t set up as per the mission details in the book. That would make life difficult if one side had better cover. 

There shouldn’t be high ground in either deployment zone. So it sounds like you’ve been a bit shafted. 

Also - why did you bunch all your dudes like that? Did they say to do so? 

May I present The Stinkies. 

Boris, Jacob, Jeremy, Nigel, Dominic, David, Theresa, Michael, Philip, Gavin. 

0684C6E0-3FBA-45C9-A564-FC04A18E523B.jpeg

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, And said:

@The Eagle Lord

i cant figure out from your pictures - but it looks like the terrain wasn’t set up as per the mission details in the book. That would make life difficult if one side had better cover. 

There shouldn’t be high ground in either deployment zone. So it sounds like you’ve been a bit shafted. 

Also - why did you bunch all your dudes like that? Did they say to do so? 

The book states 6" from the dice in the opposite direction of the opponent so i was pretty fucked and wanted to hug the wall.

I think i could've actually moved some further back but in that direction if i knew / it was explained better for me. 

If you’re struggling to fill them in neatly then paint it first, then do the rest of the helmet around it. Then come back at the end with a tiny brush for a highlight. 

Thanks though. Some of those are not my best, especially after the spray varnish has dulled them down (and the 3 unfinished ones) but they’re the smallest where possible and every advantage helps. 

• Upvote 1

IMG_20180919_100811.jpg

It's not a perfect methods but then I couldn't follow those as I don't have the brush control. It's a tiny dot/stripe of white along what would be the central ridge of the lense and then Citadel red glaze. Not much else to it really.

There are much better and visually stunning methods, but for rank and file marines I really don't want to be spending 4 hours painting eyes badly when this is acceptable. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

IMG_20180919_100811.jpg

It's not a perfect methods but then I couldn't follow those as I don't have the brush control. It's a tiny dot/stripe of white along what would be the central ridge of the lense and then Citadel red glaze. Not much else to it really.

There are much better and visually stunning methods, but for rank and file marines I really don't want to be spending 4 hours painting eyes badly when this is acceptable. 

Awesome thank you!

You a Wolves player too?

Any advice you can offer for my Kill Team please?

5 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Awesome thank you!

You a Wolves player too?

Any advice you can offer for my Kill Team please?

And's tip about doing them first and tidying up is a great one too.

I've barely played Killteam tbh, or even 40k - mainly like collecting and painting Wolves and dreaming of having a game (likely solved soon...)

That said, my approach on KT is the same as Gears Of War. Stay in cover. Sprint between cover (advance...). Only break cover if you think you can secure the kill. Grenades. Use weapons that let me roll lots of dice a) because it's fun and b) because I am a cursed roller.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, And said:

Well, I’m in a&e with my youngest and getting admitted for bad chest infection. No tournament entry for me tomorrow. 

Sorry to hear that, i do hope they are better soon.

I'm missing my second game tomorrow due to commitments but hoping to play on Sunday instead. 

1 hour ago, The Eagle Lord said:

How the hell does he keep his bristles so stiff like that?

Mine go everywhere and it never looks anywhere near as good as that. 

Are you using good quality brushes and only putting a tiny bit of paint on them at a time?

Did they come with starter kits @The Eagle Lord?

I'm in no way an expert, but I'd suggest investing in at least one high quality brush.

I like Windsor and Newton, mainly use a size 00 series 7. You can get one for about 8 or 9 quid. It holds a point better than any of the cheaper brushes I've tried.

• Upvote 1

The Citadel brush that comes with the magazine is crap, I'd relegate it to rough jobs. The Army Painter brush I got with a starter paint set is decent.

W&N series 7 are great (would also recommend a size 2), most good art supply shops will have 'em.

Rosemary & Co series 33 are also well regarded, though I haven't tried them. They're cheaper than W&N (I haven't seen them in shops though so maybe factor in delivery cost).

• Upvote 1

If you’ve a range near you they sell artists brushes for 3/4 quid in 00/0/1/2 size 

pro arte and Windsor both good nice brushes but I just wear them out waaaay too quick. 

• Upvote 1

Hope the little one is doing ok @And ?

I didn't play any games last week so i dont know how that will effect me this week going forward, maybe i wont be able to carry on the campaign?

However in other news i now have a Winsor & Newton Series 7 00 which i am just about to pull free from its tubing.

Thanks, Out of hospital Saturday. Back at school Monday. Bounces like a rubber ball. 

Hoping to make a game on Thursday but don’t know if I’ll be in the campaign or not.