Final Score - Die Hard at West Ham with Dave Bautista

This is fucking epic!!!! I feel like I should have rented it on VHS or something!

:D:D:D

It’s on Sky Premiere from today, and also in cinemas apparently.

It’s not soccer. It’s football!

The trailer, in case you want to spoil it for yourself:

1 hour ago, The Bag said:

surely Under Seige since he’s ex-millitary?

Anyone watched it yet?

It's ace. I mean, it's stupid too, but ace stupid, and at an hour and a half it never drags. 

It's takes the Die Hard, one man against the odds riff, including some bits that seem to be pure homage, adds in a bit of The Last Boy Scout for good measure, and has fun with it.

I was grinning and loling throughout.

righto this thread has sold me on hitting the R button on my sky box, mash up Die Hard & Last Boy Scout is enough for me.

I'm gonna take a flyer though that the Russian baddies don't get to do to the Boleyn what the Dildo Brothers managed.

Wow, there's literally one cinema in the whole of Greater London showing this, in Newham. Why are they bothering... usually Netflix do that for films they think might win awards right? Doubt that's a concern here! It's not very far from where the Boleyn Ground was, maybe that has something to do with it.

This doesn't seem very self aware. I'm thinking it will only be watchable if it's unintentionally entertaining for some reason.

I know all I do is talk about me. But this one really hurts. Final Score was my idea. I came up with the concept of "die hard in a football stadium" while shooting pick ups for The Krays. And unfortunately I shared the idea with someone who went and pretended it was his and pocketed fifty grand for it.

I'm glad it's good. But it'll always sting  

Check out a bit of history that I've not shared until now 

See this Instagram photo by @craigtuohy https://www.instagram.com/p/BnfrNOunWPF/?utm_source=ig_web_button_native_share

I can't imagine 'DIe Hard in a ....' being that original an idea, firstly its nicking Die Hard and just transporting it to another location - it sounds like one of those ideas that people can throw out ten a penny when brainstorming or pitching 

Die Hard in a museum

Die Hard at the docks

Die Hard in an army base

Die Hard at a wind farm

Die Hard in a zoo (you get added monkey tennis with this one)

Die Hard in a factory

Die Hard in a hospital

If anybody now makes Blow Hard (its my name for Die Hard in a wind farm) do I get to claim a credit it ?

The idea isn't much, if somebody has taken an outline and plot and wholesale nicked it then can see how that would grate.

On 09/09/2018 at 07:52, Gotters said:

I can't imagine 'DIe Hard in a ....' being that original an idea, firstly its nicking Die Hard and just transporting it to another location - it sounds like one of those ideas that people can throw out ten a penny when brainstorming or pitching 

Die Hard in a museum

Die Hard in at the docks

Die Hard in an army base

Die Hard at a wind farm

Die Hard in a zoo (you get added monkey tennis with this one)

Die Hard in a factory

Die Hard in a hospital

If anybody now makes Blow Hard (its my name for Die Hard in a wind farm) do I get to claim a credit it ?

The idea isn't much, if somebody has taken an outline and plot and wholesale nicked it then can see how that would grate.

You are completely right. The idea wasn't much. Which is why i've never mentioned it before.

The reason it grinds is because my friend stabbed me in the back. I said to him "Once West Ham leave, this stadium is gonna be empty, we could literally blow it up. We could do Die Hard at the FA cup final. Imagine it! I'm gonna pitch it to David, we're gonna do it together" (David Sullivan, who owned the stadium and is a billionaire). 

Then I go speak to David about the stadium, and give him the idea (yup, I'm a fucking idiot) then he goes speak to https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1027685/ about it, then next thing I know I'm seeing an email from Zack congratulating David Sullivan on such a great idea. Next next thing I know, Despin is pitching to write it and I'm watching my career and my friendships die. 

19 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

You are completely right. The idea wasn't much. Which is why i've never mentioned it before despite the fact that all I ever do is talk about myself. 

The reason it grinds is because my friend stabbed me in the back. I said to him "Once West Ham leave, this stadium is gonna be empty, we could literally blow it up. We could do Die Hard at the FA cup final. Imagine it! I'm gonna pitch it to David, we're gonna do it together" (David Sullivan, who owned the stadium and is a billionaire). 

Then I go speak to David about the stadium, and give him the idea (yup, I'm a fucking idiot) then he goes speak to https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1027685/ about it, then next thing I know I'm seeing an email from Zack congratulating David Sullivan on such a great idea. Next next thing I know, Despin is pitching to write it and I'm watching my career and my friendships die. 

I guess you have to be thick skinned to a non human level to stay sane doing what you do. 

Oddly enough ‘you can’t copywrite an idea’ was a caustic line delivered late in Iron Man which I watched yesterday, when the young Tony’s getting schooled in life by The Dude. Wonder if someone had been saving that one up.

1 hour ago, kerraig UK said:

You are completely right. The idea wasn't much. Which is why i've never mentioned it before despite the fact that all I ever do is talk about myself. 

Thats pretty shit. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I wish it had been yours, fella.

• 2 weeks later...