rllmuk
Unofficial Who

Minotaur Arcade:Vol 1 and 2 (peek at Moose Life from MA 2 in recent posts.)

On 21/12/2018 at 23:35, Unofficial Who said:

Boom. Bought as an early Christmas present to myself.

Full whack too rather than waiting for sales because Jeff's given away so many of his games in the past at times when I've been skint.

Edit :Crashes on startup....hmmmm....not the best start. Might have to wait for the inevitable patch.

Double edit : Crap, Windows 7 not supported. :(

Same with Polybius....I might have just wasted my money, that'll teach me to read the specs first.

The upside of my PC dying this month was that the first thing I was able to play with my Win10 build was this. And I love it. Takes me right back to the Amiga PD days where once every few months I could count on Jeff releasing something weird and neon to entertain me.

I might have had to wait for a few months but this hasn't disappointed.

Preview of Moose Life from Minotaur Arcade Vol 2 here

Early look at Moose Life from MAv2. No audio yet (I have plans for that). Choppy framerate is from capture; if you know me you know my frame rate is *immaculate* IRL.

Have now had quick quick quick go on both. Gridrunner is lovely and explosive on the eyeballs but, for me, I just love the simplicity of Goatup in VR. Both look great in VR there is an odd vr effect from the starfield when moving your head - it isn't uncomfortable though.

They do compliment each other though - gridrunner is a sensory overload once it gets going with all the usual reliance on audio cues and zone gaming. Goatup is a much more chilled experience.

Certainly VR makes it worth the double dip if you already bought it on steam and don't have a VR headset :D

Anyone got more info on this release? I have no knowledge of the whole xbox/iOS era of Llamasoft stuff - is it a compilation of games from that time?

It is two games in one packjage both originally iOS releases

Gridrunner - is the old llamasoft classic brought bang upto date with a warped grid in VR and trademark gfx

GoatUP - is a platformer in the style of nebulous with a delightful control system and excellent feedback

The OP is really comprehensive though so check that.

• Upvote 1

I can see why you would say that but I feel the controls are tighter on the Steam version (and the VR incarnation).

I still have the originals on the ipad and these updates/ports are very nice indeed. I usually abhor this phrase but a switch version might be nice :D A quest version would be fantastic for portability but they might not be happy with the 72hz refresh rate.

The issue is resources for such a small dev - Jeff is currently working on volume 2 which is looking great :D Giles handles the ports to PSVR so far as far as I know so not sure what he is working on after his well deserved rest!

EDIT - turns out I am wrong and they want to do something on Quest

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?p=1692217#p1692217

• Upvote 1

On 13/09/2019 at 15:50, Unofficial Who said:

Preview of Moose Life from Minotaur Arcade Vol 2 here

Just sprang for Volume 1. Gridrunner is adapted for consoles well enough but as I suspected can’t hope to replicate the iPads replication of a trackball. Bit annoyed we get Goat Up 1 rather than the far superior Goat Up 2, or preferably both. Would’ve been nice to get some banging tunes going also. Still, it’s all good fun and can’t wait to give them a go in VR.

Good to see Ox Wars coming to Volume 2.

• Upvote 1