rllmuk
dumpster

Turn your Wii-U into a fantastic emulation machine

2 hours ago, watusi said:

Its loaded with GameCube, Wii u and emulator games at mo. Sounds like I’d need to clean it up 

Ahhh where were you last week i would have bought it off you:quote:

On 26/05/2019 at 15:20, Theholyhogg said:

Worked fine,but im having a problem with the haxchi,i downloaded brain training and ran haxchi but im not sure what it actually does ,i just want to get the homebrew l launcher on the homescreen,but for the time being i can just use the web exploit ive bookmarked to get to the homebrew launcher.gonna get some emulators on it today,can i use my sd card which has the hack on to put the emulators on as well as the games/roms??

Sorry mate, i missed this. Haxchi allows you to put apps on the machine, be those emulators or disc2app etc. I too have seen it in videos online placed on the Home screen, but access mine through the web browser as you do. Better that way i feel as it's out of the way, and once i ripped all my discs i've not needed to access it again.

Discs go on easy using disc2app, roms need a ticket injecting. All got too much for me really so didn't bother, and have every game i want on disc for the system bar Mario Tennis anyway.

• Upvote 1

Oh wow,thats amazing!!,ive read you need to have an sd card with more than 23 gb free ,ive only got an 8gb card with the hack on it,will i need to install the hack on a new sd card or can i just transfer all the files to another sd?

Thanks for the help btw @Pavey:hat:

The hack files are very small so will be fine on the 8gb card you have. From memory (correct me if i'm wrong), you only need 23g free on the internal system memory. I always installed to there then moved the game over to the USB drive afterwards, the repeated the process for each game.

Installing directly to the USB didn't work for me.

• Upvote 1

You can do that in the Wii U's settings, under data management. Careful though that if you move a game, you will lose your save game. Best to get the game where you want it to, then start it.

• Upvote 1

Ah, i think the Wii U doesn't particularly like sticks, prefers a USB drive. I seem to remember reading that.

With the drive, most will also need a Y cable, as the Wi U USB ports are underpowered, apparently.

I cant really afford a usb drive so ill see if i have any luck with the usb stick,if not ive got everything i want on it now anyway and i can just play the games on disk.

• Upvote 1

Got my USB stick in the post so thought I'd give it a go,loaded up disk2app selected dump to sd card, inserted Mario kart when prompted....complete ,loads up wup installer and install it to the nand.

Works a treat:wub:

So now I knew it worked I thought id try and transfer it to the USB stick after the Wii u formatted it and it works perfectly :wub:

@Pavey thanks for telling me about this dude.

My only small problem is that there is a 4gb Mario kart dumped in my sd so I have to go on the PC and delete it before i can add more games.

First world problems eh :lol:

• Upvote 1

It's a tough life ;)

Glad to hear you managed it so simply. Bizarrely, Mario Kart always fails for me, using exactly the same process as all the other games too. Slightly odd, but I can always run it off disc.

• Upvote 1