rllmuk
dumpster

Turn your Wii-U into a fantastic emulation machine

Think I have got my head around it now. I open the web browser, select disc2app and dump the game. 

Then repeating the process but this time I use Wup installer GX2 and that makes the game appear on the Home Page. 

One thing I don’t get though is i either get the chance to install on the Nand (on board 32gb) or a USB hard drive, so what is the point of a 32gb/large SD card? Is it only for the files which you do the hack with?

4 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Think I have got my head around it now. I open the web browser, select disc2app and dump the game. 

Then repeating the process but this time I use Wup installer GX2 and that makes the game appear on the Home Page. 

One thing I don’t get though is i either get the chance to install on the Nand (on board 32gb) or a USB hard drive, so what is the point of a 32gb/large SD card? Is it only for the files which you do the hack with?

It's pretty much the only thing I use mine for.  Any of my game rips I have installed to the attached USB drive. 

I used an 8GB card which is overkill for the amount it needs to actually hold.  :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks mate. 

I’m wondering if you need to keep the SD card in the machine once the game is ripped to the Home page?

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Thanks mate. 

I’m wondering if you need to keep the SD card in the machine once the game is ripped to the Home page?

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. 

I know that I can't launch any of my stuff until I've loaded up the Mocha CFW so I think it's just a warm boot mod. I've seen posts on forums talk about cold boot hackchi but that it's pretty risky so haven't bothered with that. 

So far I have managed to get my Wii U sofmodded and running my Wii games backed up to a hard drive.  Do you need to use a different hard drive to do the same with Wii U games? I don't want to copy my Wii games to the hard drive if I am then going to need to format it for partition. 

Supposedly you can inject your Wii game into a VC image so they can all sit onthe same HDD.    I've not tried it.  Just googled it now when you mentioned it. 

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

This one seems more recent. 

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-injectiine-wii-u-virtual-console-injector.491386/

• Upvote 1

On 31/03/2019 at 22:44, Pavey said:

You don't. Once the games are ripped to the Home Page they stay there once the SD card (with the files on it) is removed, and still boot. So in reality you only need to have the SD card in when ripping a game - meaning you only need one SD card no matter how many Wii U's you have.

The files themselves to do the hack are 5.2mb. I bought two 64GB SD cards to do it! :o

• Upvote 1

ok.  I need a little help.   I have a Wii U that I'v had for years.  Has my Nintendo Network ID account linked to it.   

I have not bought another console.  I'm going to hack it.   I woudl have liked to have the same account on there but it seems that you can only have a Nintendo Network ID linked to one Wii U at a time.  How the hell do people log into the eShop and buy stuff when they have move than one console?  

Am I going to have to create another account?  Insane if so!

Yes, unfortunately that is the way it is. We have three in the house, so there are three different versions of me registered with Nintendo. I only buy on one of those accounts though. F***ing stupid really.

Now i have hacked them though i have my legit bought disc games on all three - so glad i didn't go digital on Nintendo consoles.

2 hours ago, Pavey said:

Yes, unfortunately that is the way it is. We have three in the house, so there are three different versions of me registered with Nintendo. I only buy on one of those accounts though. F***ing stupid really.

Now i have hacked them though i have my legit bought disc games on all three - so glad i didn't go digital on Nintendo consoles.

Wow.  i know they were stupid with their online stuff but that takes the biscuit.  I had a few digitally bought games on the original. Oh well. Not  a huge thing to create another account I suppose. 

Unless i am doing something wrong, this is very annoying.

It seems if you have a save file either on your on-board storage or the USB HDD (which will only be named Mario Kart, for example) and you then install the game (which the system also names Mario Kart) you can only overwrite the file, so you lose your save. No option to merge them.

To combat this i left the save file on one storage and the installed game on the other, and then the system doesn't see the file when you start the game. Progress lost.

:doh:

• Empathy 1

Played Luigi's Mansion recently on the Wii, and surprised how bad the picture looked, so decided to try to get GC games playing on the Wii U. Have been using another Jack Sorrrelllll guide, but when i get to the part after selecting the Mii Channel, the screen stays black, and the Wiimote turns off (have tried with MotionPlus and without).

Has anyone else managed this successfully, and ideas why i can't?

A Wii game, or GC? 

I'm just going through that guide now (but for the vWii) coincidentally. Absolutely no idea why my screen goes black when trying to mod the vWii. :(

Also there is no Hackmii installer link anywhere that works, so think i am scuppered anyway.

4 hours ago, Pavey said:

A Wii game, or GC? 

I'm just going through that guide now (but for the vWii) coincidentally. Absolutely no idea why my screen goes black when trying to mod the vWii. :(

Also there is no Hackmii installer link anywhere that works, so think i am scuppered anyway.

A Wii game.

Edit: Sorry, sounds like you are trying to play a GC game? I tried to play a GC game but couldn't get it to work.

On 12/05/2019 at 18:13, Hanzo the Razor said:

Do you have to remove/unlink your NNID or eShop login on the WiiU before starting to mod it?  I don't want my Switch eShop or account being banned or messed up.

I didn't, and have used my Switch since and all seems ok.

Im getting a cheap wii u tomorrow and was wanting to do the hack,can i still play online (mario kart 8) once it is hacked?

Also what size sd card do i need,is it just used to install the hack and i keep all my games on a usb stick/drive?

:hat:

17 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Im getting a cheap wii u tomorrow and was wanting to do the hack,can i still play online (mario kart 8) once it is hacked?

Also what size sd card do i need,is it just used to install the hack and i keep all my games on a usb stick/drive?

:hat:

Yes, works fine (certainly in my case, all I have done/managed to do though is rip my own games to usb or the 32gb internal memory).

I believe 1gb is enough for the SD card, I can check for you. I bought 64gb :(

Are you using a Mac or PC?

• Upvote 1

Yes, store works fine.

I had trouble (using a Mac) formatting the USB drive correctly, hence why i asked. PC you will be fine.

Jack Sorrell's videos are probably the easiest ones to follow i think for doing the mod, i have linked to them a bit further up. Shout if you have any questions but it really is easy if it goes to plan (using a Mac it doesn't).

• Upvote 1

Having modded my Wii U then stuck it in a drawer I think it’s time to get rid.  Are we allowed to sell modded consoles on the forum?

I think it's ok if nothing is provided on it. Lofarius is selling a CFW'd 2ds at the moment and that seems to be ok.

What games do you have?

1 hour ago, Pavey said:

I think it's ok if nothing is provided on it. Lofarius is selling a CFW'd 2ds at the moment and that seems to be ok.

What games do you have?

Its loaded with GameCube, Wii u and emulator games at mo. Sounds like I’d need to clean it up 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pavey said:

How are you getting on @Theholyhogg?

Does anyone know if modding the Wii U like we have removes the region protection?

Worked fine,but im having a problem with the haxchi,i downloaded brain training and ran haxchi but im not sure what it actually does ,i just want to get the homebrew l launcher on the homescreen,but for the time being i can just use the web exploit ive bookmarked to get to the homebrew launcher.gonna get some emulators on it today,can i use my sd card which has the hack on to put the emulators on as well as the games/roms??