rllmuk
TehStu

NFL and NCAA Football 2018

Fantasy has produced big numbers each week so far for a variety of players, not just QBs or Defences. Its meant ive gotten humped a couple a of times but its all in good fun.

This has been the weirdest start to a season since I began watching full-time again in 2014. Really exciting! I have a pretty good feeling that my Browns might be able to heap more misery on Gruden this weekend and move to 2-1-1, too. Will be fascinating to see how Mayfield gets on.

If he can channel Drew Brees like he's threatening to, we may have finally found our quarterback.

(Also: Drew Brees now has the most completions of any QB in NFL history. Watching the Saints/Falcons game at the weekend was amazing. Such high-quality QB work from both him and Matt Ryan).

I'm predicting an 8-8 season for the Cowboys, more people saying they need a new head coach and Jerry Jones taking a more controlling role in the personnel side of things, Dak Prescott revealing himself as merely average and Zeke getting in some sort of trouble with the law.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

This season has been great so far. Really enhanced for me because there are positive vibes around the Browns for once!

(Cut to midnight tonight when the Raiders have destroyed us and I am grumpy again).

Sorting the catch rule has been a Godsend, all the catch-orno catch last year was horrendous. Also the helmet tackling rule has been well used and theres been shitloads of TDs and great plays of all kinds: one handed catches, runs and Khalil Mack as a one man wrecking crew. Also Gruden moaning about lack of pass rushers has been a giant wtf moment too. Wonderful!

It’s all good except the ‘Rodgers rule’ aka no landing your weight on the QB.

That’s so hard for the D-player and the officials to get right. They’ve shafted Clay Matthews on it a few times.

Bullshit rule.

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

It’s all good except the ‘Rodgers rule’ aka no landing your weight on the QB.

That’s so hard for the D-player and the officials to get right. They’ve shafted Clay Matthews on it a few times.

Bullshit rule.

Matthews had a sack today where he was running square at the QB because the offence fucked up, but he realised late he was about to run him over and had to do a crazy shimee to the side and almost missed the tackle. This rule is like changing how defenders have been taught to play their whole lives. I don't like seeing crazy hits on QB's but that rule needs some work imo. 

Baker Mayfield :wub:

The int wasn't his fault, either. Callaway is having a pretty atrocious game. If we get a proper WR1 to pair up with Landry at some point then things are going to get pretty exciting.

6 hours ago, wullie said:

Sad way for Earl Thomas to finish up. I assume he'll return as this injury isn't too bad but it has to be wearing a different uniform now.

Yeah, you can see why Bell is holding out can't you.

26 minutes ago, McFly said:

Will it be for Pittsburgh though? Id be sick of his BS by now

There's rumours he'll be traded before then (Jets have emerged as a possible trade partner), but he's that good that if they don't get a trade partner he will likely suit up as their #1RB. Since week 1 Conner hasn't cracked 100 yards rushing so they're having to rely on airing the ball out. 

Purely selfishly, I don't care who he suits up for, I just need the points! ;)

Wonder what sort of reception Josh McDaniels will get in Indy tonight when the Pats play the Colts :lol:

Cheifs v Broncos was ace, Mahomes is otherworldly and one of the most excitibg players i can remember.

500th  regular season TD for Tom Brady on thursday night. No idea why they dont include post-season TDs but he has 71 of those, 26 in front of Joe Montana, comfortabley the most ever.

• Upvote 1