rllmuk
TehStu

NFL and NCAA Football 2018

10 hours ago, kiroquai said:

It would have been even more lovable if we'd have won the game :(. Bloody Steelers just would not give up.

Still, at least we're not going 0-16 this year. Our defence looked pretty ferocious at times. Myles Garrett is an absolute beast!

41360619_1975471965882508_6825969340026716160_n.jpg

You guys were unlucky yesterday. Should have beaten that Steelers team. Plenty to build on for next week though.

:lol: Broons did well, Pittsburgh are a big triple threat in offence and Cleveland didnt quit. Shame the kick was blocked and i hope the kicker doesnt get shit for it.

17 hours ago, ilpostino said:

That Green Bay - Chicago game was wild. 20-0 down, Rodgers on one leg after a nasty-looking injury, and they pull out the win. What a game.

Mack had an amazing game, but I’m still struggling to understand how we threw a 20 point lead away.  Seriously great game to watch, however painful the final score was.

13 hours ago, McFly said:

:lol: Broons did well, Pittsburgh are a big triple threat in offence and Cleveland didnt quit. Shame the kick was blocked and i hope the kicker doesnt get shit for it.

I think our main issue was more that we got the block in the back penalty, then decided to lose a yard on a run then lose more yards on a spike :(. That drove us well out of chip shot territory, meaning that Gonzales had to boot it low to even hope of getting the distance in that weather. A real shame.

What annoys me more, having seen it, is the ridiculous penalty that was given to Myles Garrett for hitting Fat Ben during regulation play. Even the head of officiating (Al Riveron) said it was the wrong call in retrospect. Instead of stopping the Steelers they got another crack at it and scored a touchdown on the next play. The rules for 'not applying body weight' to a QB when you take him down are going to cause a heck of a lot of controversy this year I think.

But hey, we played alright and I honestly feel that we might be able to beat the Saints this weekend so it's not all bad :)

Aye, they were ruthless. Lions have been pretty solid last few years but that wasnt good lastnight. For all the yards and TDs Stafford has thrown, they've not achieved much. And they kinda gave the game away with bad plays.

Browns releasing Josh Gordon on Monday. Just announced. Apparently he showed up late on Saturday; some rumours suggesting he might be struggling with his addiction problems again.

A real shame. As a Browns fan, I feel pretty sad. I hope whatever happens to him from here, he can find some kind of peace with himself.

I'm watching RedZone with my father in law who is from Ohio and a huge Bengals fan. He is still pissing himself laughing at the poor Browns. He was calling all the misses too. Wtf was their kicker doing all game.

Was at the Titans game earlier, such a good laugh. The stadium is right in the middle of the city, is massive and really well organised. They’ve got shit loads going on to entertain the crowds in between plays or breaks in play. Much better than shitty adverts on telly. 

Then went to downtown Nashville on Broadway and watched the Pats get beat which was nice. Now heading out to listen to some honky tonk rock and roll and get drunk. 

• Upvote 2

FFS Cleveland :(. It's getting excruciating now. How many damn ways can we not win a game?

I do think that if we can manage to get that win soon, we will settle down and be a good team. Not a playoff team by any stretch, but a solid 5-6 win team. It's absolutely obvious at the moment that we get into a winning position and then panic. Ugh.

At least we aren't the Bills, though; they had Vontae Davis decide 'nah, can't be doing with this shit' yesterday and retire at half time. Like, actually take himself out of the game, retire and leave the stadium. At half time!

Also: the_debaser, I am somewhat jealous. That sounds ace!

• Upvote 1

Yeah it was great, $10 for a can of beer though. That’s like an 800% mark up!

I’ll take that for the US airforce fly over at the start of the game though. Funniest ever kiss cam too, some little lad kissed a girl on the cheek when the camera went on them and she proceeded to slap him round the face after. 

Just got back from a bar in Nashville where I listened to the best cover band of all time. Might not be true but they were awesome. Good night and God bless the USA.