Mr Do 71

PlayStation Plus for September 2018 | Destiny 2+God of War III Remastered

Destiny 2 (PS4)

God of War III: Remastered (PS4)

Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)

Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus – PS VR required)

Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita)

QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4)

Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4)

Sparkle 2 (PS Vita)

• Upvote 3

Just now, grindmouse said:

Is there a lot to do in the Destiny 2 base game - is it still active?

I completed it last week and it's a blast, nowhere near as good as any of Bungie's Halos but well worth playing. There's shit loads of content in the base game btw, enough to keep anyone occupied for a good while.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I completed it last week and it's a blast, nowhere near as good as any of Bungie's Halos but well worth playing. There's shit loads of content in the base game btw, enough to keep anyone occupied for a good while.

Good to know! Will download it now. Sure my youngest will be chuffed as well, he has wanted to give Destiny a go for ages.

Is there a single-player campaign in Destiny?

And is GoW III the horribly misogynistic one? More misogynistic than the other ones, I mean. I'm sure I saw it mentioned on one of the Sarkeesian videos. You have to use a dead prostitute's body to block some mechanism, or something like that. Can't remember.

Just now, Jamie John said:

And is GoW III the horribly misogynistic one. More misogynistic than the other ones, I mean. I'm sure I saw it mentioned on one of the Sarkeesian videos. You have to use a dead prostitute's body to block some mechanism, or something like that. Can't remember.

Yes, Destiny has a single player campaign.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jamie John said:

And is GoW III the horribly misogynistic one. More misogynistic than the other ones, I mean. I'm sure I saw it mentioned on one of the Sarkeesian videos. You have to use a dead prostitute's body to block some mechanism, or something like that. Can't remember.

Yes and yes but I think they patched the misogynist bit out, or some of it. I think there might be a worse one in one of the other GoW games though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Timmo said:

Titanfall 2 m8

(Best FPS campaign since Halo 3 for me)

Everyone keeps saying this. I'll have to play it.

Well, this gives me yet another platform to own Another World on, I suppose... Looking forward to installing Here They Lie and never daring to actually play it, too. 

Destiny 2 has a single player story driven campaign with (flat) characters which is surprisingly fun.

edit: also, Here They Lie does not require PSVR. It merely supports VR. Also, It's a cracking game. After the terrible early "stealth" part it becomes a dystopian David Lynch-esque mindfuck.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'd wait until next week if I were you when it's free ;)

Its free to download now as per the blog post from Sony, the rest of the games come out next Tuesday as usual :)

Destiny 2

It’s been just shy of year since Bungie’s fantastic follow-up to sci-fi shooter Destiny hit PlayStation 4 and, as the first anniversary rolls around, we’re very excited to announce that Destiny 2 is joining PlayStation Plus today.

1 minute ago, grounded_dreams said:

Its free to download now as per the blog post from Sony, the rest of the games come out next Tuesday as usual :)

I stand corrected I just read this thread and assumed it was first Tue of the month as normal.

Is this part of the plan to rekindle interest in Destiny 2, then? I haven't followed it at all, but have noted less than stellar headlines.

D2's fine but it can feel a bit chorelike at times. Even so, I still come back to help with co-op stuff and fail at Escalation Protocol.

Here They Lie though :wub: 

11 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Destiny 2's SP campaign is actually quite good! Well worth a play imo.

Ha, I was maybe exaggerating a bit because I actually played Destiny 2's campaign from start to finish on an Xbox One X. It was surprisingly okay and it was fun going through in co-op. Having said that, people told me beforehand that it's basically a proper Bungie campaign on the same level as their Halo campaigns. Which it's not, not anywhere near. Fun for what it is though and it plays really well! It's just designed primarily as an MMO so you're never going to get that perfectly crafted and balanced design you get with Bungie's offline campaigns without experience points and levels etc.

Titanfall 2 however has a tremendous campaign, can't recommend that enough!

• Upvote 1

As someone who loved Destiny 1 and thought Destiny 2 was a major let down, I do still recommend giving the Destiny 2 base game a shot. The campaign is fun, gorgeous to look at and the gunplay is a masterclass of how to do guns and shooting right (until Doom came along:coffee:). Give it a try, it might surprise you.

Just don't give Activision any money by buying virtual currency and the DLC.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'd wait until next week if I were you when it's free ;)

Its up for free today, just grabbed it.

EDIT : See you had already spotted that!

27 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It's superb, you won't play a better FPS this side of Doom, not on PlayStation anyway.

Titanfall 2. :quote:

Good month. Haven’t played D2 in months. 

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

Seems very smart business to stick D2 in there as a freebie. Major patch yesterday, major expansion next week.

It's available now as well - so you can try Gambit this weekend.

And if you want to play it after that...you'll have to buy the £55 Legendary bundle...(kinda)

36 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It's superb, you won't play a better FPS this side of Doom, not on PlayStation anyway.

Well, in terms of PvP Rainbow 6 Siege is the greatest fps of all-time. Then it’s Titanfall 2.

But maybe somewhere after that?