rllmuk
mexos

Shadow - stream a high end PC to you device, play games on ultra

I shall certainly report back.  Doesn't seem that hard to shift them if you wanted to sell it, lots of people on the Discord group looking to purchase one.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced any improvement yet, but they've updated all the apps and added a new lower 5mb streaming option. Went into a coffee shop this morning and connected on a crappy 7mb / 1mb up on my iPad. Using my new PC game pass, I downloaded Metro Exodus and booted it up. There were a few judders here and there but for the most part it was perfectly playable! It was surreal and crazy using Wifi on such a shoddy connection to be able to play a high-end PC game on my iPad. Unfortunately they still haven't added an on-screen controller option yet and so all I was able to do was look around and then quit.

Still, got into work and found it now works connecting from my MacBook Pro at work too.! Won't be playing too much of it though as I'm sure I'll get a few raised eyebrows if I start doing that on my lunch break ;)

I agree especially if Microsoft go with an aggressive pricing strategy and link it in with one of their game passes. At the moment I'm paying £30 / month for this, but if I could get GamePass and streaming for £10-15 / month with rotating games on the platform then it will be worth a look. The only thing I would say is that Shadow offers the feature of not being tied to a specific platform i.e. Windows Store / Google Store. I can install whatever platform (Origin, Steam, GOG, Battle.net etc) on my shadow instance with my existing games and no restrictions. The is a massive bonus especially if you've a large backlog of games which you actively play. Still, I guess I'll wait to see what Microsoft come up with as Google Stadia didn't win me over with having to buy all my games again on their platform.

I can get games for peanuts off CD keys to play on Shadow. Microsoft's £54.99 MSRP can gtfo.

Example: F1 2019 for £25 in stead of £45. 

6 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

I can't see any of these services surviving now that xCloud is going to be deployed. Not mentioning Stadia or whatever Sony does. 

xCloud maybe but the problem with Stadia here is that anything you buy on Stadia will die with Stadia when Google get bored.

Shadow you can use anything you have on Steam.

Or GoG.

Or Epic.

Or that you wrote yourself in Visual Studio.

Or that you wrote yourself in Visual Studio USING Shadow.

The cost is using Windows. I hate Windows. Last time it wanted updates it took almost 2 hours. I didn't get to play Assetto Corsa. Get to fuck.