IGNORED

Streets of Rage IV - Survival Mode DLC and Anniversary Editions Out Now

Down by Law

Totally have no problems with the Max/Shiva room now. Hit another stumbling block at level 21 which is a boxing ring with very little health pick ups and tons of enemies. Couldn't get past there till today, where I managed to survive it with very little health then got all the way to level 29. Unlikely to have anymore time for this weeks sim but happy with my eventual placing! 

10 hours ago, Down by Law said:

For the Max and Shiva room, I take the golden halberd from stage 11 I think it is, drop it at the start of each round (AWAY from Galsia mind, who'll pick it up) and you can just wail on those two with it, got a huge reach and with toxic and electric it stun locks them, all done in about 10 seconds 

Nice! That gold Halberd absolutely slaps, I miss it already. 

19 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Totally have no problems with the Max/Shiva room now. Hit another stumbling block at level 21 which is a boxing ring with very little health pick ups and tons of enemies. Couldn't get past there till today, where I managed to survive it with very little health then got all the way to level 29. Unlikely to have anymore time for this weeks sim but happy with my eventual placing! 

Level 21 on the previous sim was a massive difficulty spike in that I tried that sim a couple of every times every night for the past week and only got past it once. Fuck's sake. I did manage to get all the way up to level 25 on my first attempt at the current sim, so there's a faint possibility that I will make to level 30 at some stage.

Got to 31 on this weeks with SOR3 Blaze. Her alternate blitz move covers a huge amount of distance, and arcs to hit mid air enemies as well, excellent move. She can do a running double hit uppercut with the Halberd and other bladed weapons which absolutely destroys crowds and bosses.

Fell in a hole though after bouncing off a ball though didn't I  🥴

Managed to get to level 33 with Shiva so I'm happy. I should probably work on unlocking alternate moves for the other characters now, although I'm mostly rubbish with everyone else so that's going to be fun or a massive grind lol.

Great fun either way though.

I've been trying to play out if my comfort zone in survival and have been trying out some of my lesser used characters. I really want to like Floyd, but he is far too slow for me and without a decent rush blitz move he is too open to environmental hazards on certain stages. Having said that his alt blitz is ace and I can imagine it working well in story/arcade mode. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Highly doubt. They're currently busy with the new TMNT game.

DotEmu are publishing it but Tribute are the developers of TMNT. I'll probably still pick up the anniversary edition of SoR though.

58 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

DotEmu are publishing it but Tribute are the developers of TMNT. I'll probably still pick up the anniversary edition of SoR though.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that.

3 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

If it was Dotemu developing I'd be all over it. Sadly, I've played Mercenary Kings. :lol:

I'm not holding much hope in it now. It'll probably be a lot better than any of the old TMNT games, but then that's not exactly hard.

• 6 months later...
  • Down by Law changed the title to Streets of Rage IV - Survival Mode DLC and Anniversary Editions Out Now
  • 2 weeks later...

I started this again today, and am enjoying it so far (only up to the end of Stage 6, playing as Axel on Normal mode).

Is there a decent beginner's guide that anyone would recommend? I'm not sure what you're supposed to do when an enemy, especially a boss, flashes white or red and launches an unavoidable attack.

Up to the aeroplane level now. That big lad at the end of the tower stage gave me some trouble for a while, but I got him in the end. I've also switched to using dpad controls on the Hori Split Pad as I was finding it difficult to pull off the dash punch uppercut thing that Axel does using the analogue stick. I take it the best way to play is with a joystick?

I'm planning on completing the Story mode with each character on normal and then having a go at arcade mode.

Those lanky guys with their hands in the pockets who do flying kicks across the stage are fucking annoying.