Streets of Rage IV - Survival Mode DLC and Anniversary Editions Out Now

Down by Law

1 minute ago, Dinobot said:

Are we outraged that the man has been made old and the woman hasn't (she couldn't be attractive enough or tough enough to fight when she's old) or not?

Can we get a steer on this because it's unclear as to where some sort of internet outrage is allowed to be directed these days.

i just want my game to make me feel the way it did when i was a little kid. i don't want to be re-educated. internet please leave me alone with my fantasies of being a chiselled hard-ass fighting alongside some digital boobs  :(

I'm not a fan of this looking a bit like a Dragon's Trap-esque HD reskin of SOR2 that got the order from above to rebrand as a new game proper but have faith that the devs will get the resources they need. A bit brazen of them announcing it without Koshiro's name attached though.

11 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

given today's climate i'm pleasantly surprised that they left blaze's aesthetics alone. asking for more might attract backlash about progressive body images, objectification etc etc

But white knickers means she’s a fine lady and red just a common whore.

19 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

Are we outraged that the man has been made old and the woman hasn't (she couldn't be attractive enough or tough enough to fight when she's old) or not?

Can we get a steer on this because it's unclear as to where some sort of internet outrage is allowed to be directed these days.

Blaze's beauty is ageless. And Axel is now Chuck Norris, who can complain?!

I'm in the camp who like this new art style. To some people, any vector-drawn animation seems to remind them of Flash, but that's doing the work here quite a disservice.

I hope they make the fighting mechanics a bit more complex, to give the game added depth. And sort the music, obvs.

14 hours ago, NEG said:

One of the YouTube comments mentions how amazing Comix Zone would be in this style. Playable Sketch Turner please? :)

If any Sega characters are going to make cameos it should be Kiryu and the Yakuza boys. They've kept the genre going (in a sense) for 15+ years.

2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Hey what @deKay does in his spare time is his business ;) 

Alt costumes would be neat I guess, but that’s never happening.

The Streets of Rage fan game managed it. Could play as SOR1 Blaze in SOR3's levels.

And play as Electra, among other things.

22 hours ago, wev said:

Capcom have always been there or there abouts, but SEGA have been co king things up for themselves for over a decade, don't get me wrong, I'm pleased at all of this, buts it's fucking weird!

New management, the son of the owner is now in charge and wants to revitalise the company, he seems to be succeeding.

10 minutes ago, mushashi said:

New management, the son of the owner is now in charge and wants to revitalise the company, he seems to be succeeding.

My original post was a little tongue in cheek even if true, but it's good to see them heading in what looks to be a positive direction, they have such a rich and varied back catalogue that it's been depressing seeing the state the company has been in for far too long. Now obviously that's not always been helped by how fragmented they've always been with Japan, Europe and America having very distinct and separate arms but I'm hopeful they're back on the right track 

37 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

SOR 3 wasn't exactly a classic so they have a low bar to clear to get it back on track. I'm pretty hyped for this. 

Japanese SoR 3 is brilliant. It was butchered and ruined by a travesty of a western port.

Download the Bare Knuckle 3 fan translation ROM and you'll see how good it is.

http://www.thepixelempire.net/bare-knuckle-iii-smd-review.html

52 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

SOR 3 wasn't exactly a classic so they have a low bar to clear to get it back on track. I'm pretty hyped for this. 

I absolutely loved 3. Especially the Japanese release. Easily better than 2 for me. Had no idea that people who felt otherwise even existed.

22 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Japanese SoR 3 is brilliant. It was butchered and ruined by a travesty of a western port.

Download the Bare Knuckle 3 fan translation ROM and you'll see how good it is.

http://www.thepixelempire.net/bare-knuckle-iii-smd-review.html

You can also play it through the Streets of Rage collection they put out on Xbox 360, which is still part of game pass if I'm right. Which I am, unlike deKay and his lies about Adam.