IGNORED

Streets of Rage IV - DLC on the way

Down by Law

Made #33 on the weekly sim. It's just crazy man. Shiva's unlocked blitz move (flying kick) just decimates crowds, it's really fast and when buffed with toxic and lightning you can stun lock entire mobs with it.

a1Vvh26.jpg

There were combos bigger than this but I dropped them but it will give you an idea of how insane it gets

48cDj5Y.jpg

45 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I'm leaning towards switch but don't know if it is scaled back much

I have been playing the Switch version since launch. It's great. I spent about 3 hours trying to S rank the same level last night. The dlc needs to arrive asap. 

Congratulations!

Which character did you use and did you use any of the alternate moves?

My highest remains 21 but I often sure earlier due to those fucking wrecking balls and getting stuck in a loop of getting whacked, bouncing off the electric fence, getting whacked etc or just flying out of the arena and losing a fine of health.

It's fun yes, but very very frustrating at times.

Cheers!! I used Blaze and depended a lot on her alternative forward forward X attack. Essentially concentrated on getting that beefed up with lots of elemental perks. I usually take the perk that gives you 8 percent health of your damage inflicted but this time decided not to, so not too sure if that helped me a bit. I do think there was a degree of luck on the Boxing Ring stages, as a wrong move there can usually be costly. 

I can never decide if the 8% health one is worth it. It might be more of a long/later game one as once you get past level 18 odd I think you start to get fewer health pickups. Plus also by then your damage is getting silly.

I'm finding this week's survival challenge very tough. The boss fight with Max and Shiva (level 16 maybe?) is a proper stinker with Shiva diving about chipping energy off you and Max doing his invincible armour thing. It either bests me or I get through it with low energy. Must get better! 

On 28/07/2021 at 17:09, Skull Commander said:

I'm finding this week's survival challenge very tough. The boss fight with Max and Shiva (level 16 maybe?) is a proper stinker with Shiva diving about chipping energy off you and Max doing his invincible armour thing. It either bests me or I get through it with low energy. Must get better! 

For these guys, I try to split them up, wait for one of them to charge into the laser beams and bounce off, then try to get them off the ground into a mid-air combo for massive damage. It doesn't always work but eh. Do you pick the random ally perk by the way? If you can survive up to level 20 and pick the ally perks each time, with Shiva your buddy gets upgraded from a taser cop to one of those Y Tower bodyguards with guns and then the robot guy who can levitate melee weapons.

For this week's sim, I find that I can almost consistently get to level 21 with Shiva, but then die on that level almost every time I've played due to a combination of falling out of the arena and getting absolutely battered by the red version of Miss Y who I have trouble picking out from all of the other red enemies on screen. Fuuuuuu.

I've managed to get to level 25 once (with 3 extra jumps for Shiva, so lots of mid-air combos off the top of the screen!) but level 21 can fuck right off. I think I might need to spam more star attacks just to get through it. Level 30 seems possible with this sim but buggered if I can get past level 21 again.

On 28/07/2021 at 09:05, moosegrinder said:

Just looked on Deku Deals and the DLC is listed so it's probably live on the eShop

EDIT: was up yesterday apparently :)

I’ve clicked the link to the eShop from Deku Deals to buy, but it just hangs on a ‘not found’ page - same if I Google it. Seems there’s a wee discount on it ending today too. Sad times, sad sad times. 

Maybe you need to do it through the Switch? I’ll give it a try tonight if I remember. 

Got it on Switch yesterday.

Survival Mode is great fun. I'm really enjoying playing as Estel and Shiva. The upgrades are very good - though I think they could have stretched to brilliant if they'd have done more with them.

The bad guys can be comically stupid - I got to that Level 16 mentioned above with Max and Shiva... both of them on the other side of a wall of lasers and keen to keep walking into it until they were finished - I'll put that down to a glitch in the Simulation.

Good fun and well worth it, though. 16-bit visuals are a neat touch, and cute that you can bring pixelated weapons through the gate with you.

Is the fat fish the most powerful weapon? It certainly gives them a good smack 😄

For the Max and Shiva room, I take the golden halberd from stage 11 I think it is, drop it at the start of each round (AWAY from Galsia mind, who'll pick it up) and you can just wail on those two with it, got a huge reach and with toxic and electric it stun locks them, all done in about 10 seconds