linkster

Searching

Well I think I've seen the whole movie now, oh well.

Ugh these 'on the internets!' movies are just going to keep coming aren't they? Murder/Horror is only the beginning I fear, next we'll have nice romcoms and coming of age films that are entirely filming people using laptops. 

• Upvote 1

I can just tell, it's basically this isn't it? (don't read if you're watching it tonight although this is 100% just me speculating)

Spoiler

Dad "Hey my little princess. I love you. You are great. Can't wait to go out for a pizza with you tonight for your BIRTHDAY! It's going to be rad!"

Time passes...

Dad "Princess...Where are you? Are you there? Oh no she is missing. Police! Where is she?"

Police "Um, we don't know really. Maybe we'll find her next week?"

Dad "No! If you won't do your jobs I'll do it myself by looking on the internets. Facebook and skype etc and google too."

Dad "Siri? Where is my daughter?"

Siri "I don't know how to tell you this but your daughter isn't who you think she is. Maybe ask Jeff on Facebook?"

Dad "But she uses snapchat?"

Siri "Yes but for the purposes of mainstream adoption of an older cinema going audience lets just say Facebook yeah?" 

Dad "Ok. Jeff. Hello Jeff? Can you tell me anything about me daughter?"

Ending possibility 1

Jeff "She is your daughter?! Dude, she is a killer! Hold on, who is that behind you?!"

Dad is murdered by daughter

Ending possibility 2 

Jeff "Your daughter? she died in a car crash 5 years ago!"

Dad "Oh yeah" (cries for 3 minutes) Fade to black. Piano music.

55 minutes ago, linkster said:

That was actually pretty good. We enjoyed it a lot. Reminder me of Nerve although I enjoyed Nerve more.

Can you read my spoilers and tell me how close I was to predicting the movie based off the trailer?

10 hours ago, Capwn said:

Can you read my spoilers and tell me how close I was to predicting the movie based off the trailer?

I don't think you've ever managed to predict a movie. 

On 26/08/2018 at 22:08, Capwn said:

You were waaaaaay off

I thought this was really good, a really good use of just using screens, webcams and phones. Lots of twists and turns too.

Spoiler

I had a weird feeling about the detective from the start. Don't know why, but there was just something off about her. All the clues are there for the audience to see though, you just have to be very switched on to notice them all.

Finally watched this. Horrendous.

Typical Hollywood forced cliches throughout. It felt like a typical hampered by audience test screening film, full of cliches and over statements. It also cheats it's format by just showing videos, so many videos. He just happens to keep watching news reports on youtube and you keeps using facetime again and again which not only doesn't feel natural but kind of takes away from the novelty of the film.

Also they keep forcing music into it which takes you out of the concept, there is actually a really nice bit earlier on where the background is classical music and it makes sense because he's actually got another browser tab open with a youtube video showing concert music. That makes sense but as the movie goes on it just becomes more lazy, forcing it's own score over the top of everything. Again taking away from the concept.

This concept has been handled better in the past. John Cho gives a decent enough performance but everything around him is falling apart. 

1.5/5