IGNORED

FIFA 19

Bleeders

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

I'm just looking forward to the start of Ultimate Team. Those first few weeks, where you're using players from smaller leagues and learning the game, are just the best.

I usually spend money on Fifa points early on to get a bit of a head start. But not this year. I'm in for the grind and looking forward to using players from smaller leagues. I used to do it, not sure why I changed. 

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Let's just start with 'it looks like it's better than 18'.

After that, I'll take 'It's good enough to bring some of the Rllmuk crew back together'.

And after that, I'll dare to dream that I'll once again be on mic with @Mitchell, @Jamin, @Timmo, @Steely, @Baring, and the other wonderful chaps I've genuinely missed.

Not @GrahamDunn though. Fuck @GrahamDunn.

We’ll need to do another big pack opening night in FUT too, that was good. 

Pre ordered the standard disc version today, going to try not to spend any money on points this year, Road To Glory beckons! FUT Web App starts on the 20th, hope I can match my kickstart player of Nainngolan who made me 170k in the first two weeks. 

3 hours ago, Baring said:

Aww I have to buy it now @Pants McSkill. I missed 18 and actually played other games. I’ll be back for 19! Let’s do it. 

8 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

And after that, I'll dare to dream that I'll once again be on mic with @Mitchell, @Jamin, @Timmo, @Steely, @Baring, and the other wonderful chaps I've genuinely missed.

3 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Solo-Star-Wars-Story-Memes.gif

:wub:

Fuck it, I’m buying the stupid version with all the UT packs. 

Lets do it!

:omg:

Haha!

I reckon SaintM will get it. Whenever I pop onto PSN he's always there playing FIFA 18. If he can't get enough of that cancerous ruin, he'll be all over this un-irradiated haven.

I think we should crack on without him though, league-wise. The impression I got from him is that he's done being the ringmaster but might take part if the leagues restarted.

Hey there.

Its all true, I still end up playing FIFA 18 like a down and out desperately glugging Lidl brand whiskey.

Im not intending to get 19 for a bit, just bought Spider-Man so best give that my time first.

I'll give it a season for the expectant patch to fix all the horrifying bugs before I leap. As @Jamin has rightly suggested, I’m not really up for any sorta admin role, but would be ok with helping on the technical side if needed (whatever that might entail). 

1 hour ago, SaintM said:

Hey there.

Its all true, I still end up playing FIFA 18 like a down and out desperately glugging Lidl brand whiskey.

Im not intending to get 19 for a bit, just bought Spider-Man so best give that my time first.

I'll give it a season for the expectant patch to fix all the horrifying bugs before I leap. As @Jamin has rightly suggested, I’m not really up for any sorta admin role, but would be ok with helping on the technical side if needed (whatever that might entail). 

I finished spider-man last weekend you’ve got plenty of time to finish it before Fifa 19 drops.

5 hours ago, Pockets said:

I'm still trying this out occasionally. I do want to like it despite my complaints and you all seem to. Could someone tell me what the best settings are for things like controls in terms of assists etc? I've played manual in the past but I don't think that really works in FIFA and I don't want to be ruining it for myself. At the same time, the default set-up feels way too automatic. Semi would seem the obvious choice but what are most of you using? I'd like to start from there to know I'm at least getting the same experience those of you that are enjoying it are having. Is the default set up for assists what most of you use?

Default, manual or semi assisted is fine if you’re playing locally but it’s not possible to enjoy online vs someone assisted

Control scheme: I also use everything default with crossing on semi. I'd strongly recommend this too if you're coming from PES, there's enough muscle memory to relearn as it is without complicating matters.

@Chewylegs All three versions are on the PS Store. I wouldn't buy the most expensive version, it's an extra tenner for 20 packs, but they're doled out over the lifespan of the game. If you really must have more packs, you're better off dropping that extra tenner on points... But on that note, don't buy points, and do 'clean' UT with us lot! It's way more rewarding.

And a note on the new timed finishing. The youtubers seem to be saying that it's not worth using it inside the box, the risk/reward ratio isn't good enough ... except if the angle is really tight OR you're going for volleyed wondergoals to stick on a compilation.

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Control scheme: I also use everything default with crossing on semi. I'd strongly recommend this too if you're coming from PES, there's enough muscle memory to relearn as it is without complicating matters.

@Chewylegs All three versions are on the PS Store. I wouldn't buy the most expensive version, it's an extra tenner for 20 packs, but they're doled out over the lifespan of the game. If you really must have more packs, you're better off dropping that extra tenner on points... But on that note, don't buy points, and do 'clean' UT with us lot! It's way more rewarding.

And a note on the new timed finishing. The youtubers seem to be saying that it's not worth using it inside the box, the risk/reward ratio isn't good enough ... except if the angle is really tight OR you're going for volleyed wondergoals to stick on a compilation.

Cheers.no, I don't want the ultimate edition but was wondering about digital this year, is there any pluses over disc version? I spent a tenner last year on packs, that worked ok for me, but don't usually. 

16 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

...was wondering about digital this year, is there any pluses over disc version? 

Not having to get off the sofa to change the discs over?

As far as I'm aware, the disc version is exactly the same as the standard version (cheapest version in the PS Store). 

The middle version on the store gets you 3 days early access, plus some UT stuff for an extra £20, but also to the detriment of not being able to trade the game in when you're done with it.