Sign in to follow this  
Harsin

Yakuza Kiwami 2: Blond Ambition

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is the return of Cabaret Czar!

GwynFjc.png

Come along, hum the tune with me. Doo-de-doo-de-doo. Doo-de-doo-dee. DUM. DUM. DUM-DUM. DUM!

• Upvote 2

As awesome as having Majima back is, I hope that they don't overly-trivialise the (Yakuza 0 spoilers):

Spoiler

poignant ending to his relationship with Makoto. I see she's back for a comedy scene in the trailer of Kiwami 2, but the way they left things at the end of zero was perfect.

Really looking forward to this as usual :)  Got my copy ordered, would love it for the weekend but regardless, new Yakuza wooooooooooo.  Plus FOTNS still to come in October.

11 hours ago, Harsin said:

GwynFjc.png

Come along, hum the tune with me. Doo-de-doo-de-doo. Doo-de-doo-dee. DUM. DUM. DUM-DUM. DUM!

• Upvote 2

On 22/08/2018 at 11:53, Harsin said:

GwynFjc.png

Did not know this. Hype intensifying! :omg:

Still need to finish 6 though. It's weird not having the traditional massive drought in between Yaks. 

Got mine from Simply Games this morning, got Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate from them too so I'm not sure when I'll start this.

Apparently the Game Collection's shipment got damaged and they won't be getting replacements till Tuesday because of the Bank Holiday on Monday.

Next time someone is banging on and on about how great an all digital future will be, think of scenarios like where people who ordered the physical edition (possibly at a discount) get to play it all weekend and the back holiday, while those who paid full RRP on a digital storefront have to wait until Tuesday,

Majima's old haunts from 0 look absolutely stunning in the Dragon engine.

Can anyone explain how the hell you're supposed to win the urinal mini game in the Club Sega toilets?

The milk one? God knows. The wind one, I just held it at full force the entire time - but it doesn't matter much in the end.

I finished this a few days back. Some amazing Yakuza 0 references, none of which I'll spoil. One of Goro's throwaway lines about Ryuji had me in absolute stitches.

Ah, man, this landed on my doorstep today. Feels good to be back in Kamurocho, despite the circumstances. Only got as far as my first street fight... first of many, many, many such, I expect...

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

Sega have put up a survey about the series and potential future releases.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-D0ogM3HT_jBDiMJaMNwyV4183888BXJ4GTjuK_5CgU/viewform?edit_requested=true

You better believe I slammed down yes on the prospect of them bringing over the 3-5 remastered and untranslated older releases (ie. the Samurai one).

I slammed yes oh so very hard

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-D0ogM3HT_jBDiMJaMNwyV4183888BXJ4GTjuK_5CgU/viewform?edit_requested=true

You better believe I slammed down yes on the prospect of them bringing over the 3-5 remastered and untranslated older releases (ie. the Samurai one).

Cheers for that, dutifully filled out and I haven't even bought the game yet!

Spoiler

I'm ordering it tonight, pipe down.

Having said that, does anyone know of anywhere selling the non-steelbook edition? As good as the game surely is, I can't be having a steelbook messing up the uniformity of my PS4 physical collection...

I'm now disappointed that my Yak 0 is now the only non-steelbook Yakuza I have on PS4.

I'll learn to live with it - the game is still awesome.

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

Comb28082018084929.thumb.jpg.554be190d321111b59ac9f2d2cbf6204.jpg

• Upvote 2

How high can your base stats (Attack, Defence, Health and Heat) go to? I've abused the experience system where you receive points for every task you complete, by eating at restaurants and using Ap Stims to keep me hungry. So 15 hours in everything's at 200 or more (you can limit break them above 200), but is it never ending or do they top out at a set level, and if so what level is this?

I've decided that I hate Virtua Fighter 2. Can't play it at all.

Also had a great deal of trouble understanding how the Toylets game works, I kept failing it over and over (then load up the whole game from a save to retry, because otherwise you'd have to wait until Kiryu needs to pee again).

So I kind of raged in that Sega arcade. Apart from that, Kiwami 2 is great so far!

22 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

How high can your base stats (Attack, Defence, Health and Heat) go to? I've abused the experience system where you receive points for every task you complete, by eating at restaurants and using Ap Stims to keep me hungry. So 15 hours in everything's at 200 or more (you can limit break them above 200), but is it never ending or do they top out at a set level, and if so what level is this?

To answer my own question, it’s 300. Kiryu is now an absolute beast. Now to win at the coliseum.