rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Loik V credern

Loik V credern's Interesting Photography Thread

Why have you started your own thread when we have a photography thread already? I'm sure you used to post your work in there. 

On 06/05/2019 at 17:12, TommyG said:

Why have you started your own thread when we have a photography thread already? I'm sure you used to post your work in there. 

People don't like the volume i put up. I could put them in spoiler tags but the intent was to contrast with everything else. There's no point putting up stuff where it's not appreciated, it just hurts more to engage when art is reduced to nothing.

There's no point putting them in a separate thread either, really. 

On 08/05/2019 at 17:36, milko said:

At least some people here like looking at them though, one way or another.

:D this isn't very effusive. 'At least some people here like looking at them'. 'I just want to say, over the years I've come to regard you as...people I met'. 'At least some people have looked at them and possibly returned and looked at some more, perhaps suggesting they didn't hate them enough to never do so'. 

Reaction seems to depend on how stuff is presented, if you describe it, write a story, be warm. If you present you switch it from this standalone stream that just is to you as a person owning it like you do possessions. Things/objects are boring, expression is interesting. 

Nearly all my photos are subject driven now, they might not be worth looking at in terms of the situation but the shapes and form make it worthwhile to me. I love doing more, I'm not going around waiting for a kid in a park holding a hand grenade. A crisp melancholic shot of a guy sat by a wall, his hands, crossed legs placement and hoodie is enough to differentiate it. It's not what I'd put up as outstanding.

18 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

:D this isn't very effusive. 'At least some people here like looking at them'. 'I just want to say, over the years I've come to regard you as...people I met'. 'At least some people have looked at them and possibly returned and looked at some more, perhaps suggesting they didn't hate them enough to never do so'. 

haha, sorry. I didn't want to speak for the others! And I'm not much good or practiced at writing (or even thinking) about photography. I consciously like that they're a lot different to the other photographs posted in this folder and that it can be fun looking through to see what's going on there. Are they aware of the camera. is the treatment making the scenario look different to what is really happening. See that's more thought than before already, I should perhaps be less lazy.

5 minutes ago, milko said:

haha, sorry. I didn't want to speak for the others! And I'm not much good or practiced at writing (or even thinking) about photography. I consciously like that they're a lot different to the other photographs posted in this folder and that it can be fun looking through to see what's going on there. Are they aware of the camera. is the treatment making the scenario look different to what is really happening. See that's more thought than before already, I should perhaps be less lazy.

My only hope is that having seen some there is an urge to see more. And they surprise even if the situations are always normal, when presented one after the other, the muted straight ones against the high contrasted angled ones. I'm satisfied just by form, the 5th one down of the man walking, the creases in his shirt, the shape of his arm, the ticket, the bag, the sleek form of the white car bringing him out, the clarity of it. The man on his phone in the background adding a little detail. Anyone could invent a story of each photo if they wanted. They're all subject driven, their expression, posture, movement expressing who the person is. Without the correct expression they wouldn't work for me, they wouldn't be put up.