geldra

Windjammers 2

The DotEmu and Windjammers Twitter are relatively lively still and there seems to be a decent WJ tournament scene off the back of the rerelease.  

Intrigued to see where they go/what they do with this. Wonder if they’ll retain using sprites. 

On 20/08/2018 at 18:45, Camel said:

What's the re-make/re-release like?

This atrocity you mean?

SQ_3DSDS_PowerDiscSlam.jpg

Anyhoo, WJ 2? Yes please, although if they ditch the 2D graphics as SNK seems to do these days, I don't know if I'll even bother

31 minutes ago, geldra said:

It’s not a remake, it’s the original Neo Geo game with a modern front end and online bolted on. 

I meant this ^.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Revival said:

The art style is hideous. What a shame.

I wasn't sold on it either. But neither was I when the first footage of the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap remake was shown. Until I finally got to play it. In the end I think it works. Granted, I'd rather have luscious pixel art, but the style they're using in today's 2D  game updates isn't that bad.

Also; did you know the original Neo Geo Windjammers got awarded a paltry 5 by Edgetm back in the day, claiming the game had "nothing particularly outstanding about it". Ouch.