Best CCG on iOS?

I fancy playing a card game on my iPad. I'm not a huge fan of hearthstone (It's fine but I fell off WoW hard) and I'm quite liking what I've played of Elder Scrolls Legends.

What do people recommend? Are there any good Yu-gi-oh games? Anything more obscure I might not have  heard of?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tourist said:

In case anybody IS playing shadowverse, add me as a friend! You get 100 gold for private room matches when you start... My user ID is 690821165 !

I'm not but i am currently downloading the game on iOS to see how it goes. 

I used to play a lot of Hearthstone but the increasing randomness just really started to annoy me and frustrate.

I tried Shadowverse but didn't really like the art style. Something about a really slick card game I quite like.

Eternal is pretty decent and has a Hearthstone mechanic mixed with Magic from memory. The Magic game is ok too but I think it depends if you're a fan of that style.

Elder Scrolls is getting a lot of playtime at the moment (although I use NordVPN on my ipad and have to disable to play it) - I like it, I like the dual lane layout, there's lots of free single player content and (so far) I don't have many issues with randomness.

Duelyst is brilliant but I'm not sure if on ios yet?

I started playing Shadowverse tonight. It's missing the dual lane but is essentially the same as Elder Scrolls which was nice. Didn't have to learn to many mechanics.

There's supposed to be a new version of Magic coming soon isn't there? One that's closer to the real game I heard.

Sorry to hijack this into a Shadowverse thread (is it worth making one?) but i am really enjoying this and i am addicted already.

Was playing some beginners matches earlier came across my first Dragoncraft user, and i was chipping away at his health and got him down to his last three health. 

Then all of a sudden he summons a rainbow card, evolves it and takes my twenty health down in ONE HIT! 

It was a proper shocker just shows i need to learn the system more and earn some more cards.

I wish you could like other games hold your finger on the card so you can see the card art during play some cards other people have look like the art is kind of awesome. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

That sounds really uninteractive. At least a multicard card might be disruptable.

In fairness i had nothing set up to block (Wall) and i am yet to work out how the evolve truly works and if its like the bar in Garou mark of the wolves where is it good to use it at the start or end or mid battle. 

I suppose im not selling the game am i and more to the point showing how shit i am at it HAHAHA

Also found this is on steam and can be paired with your phone copy :O

There is usually a way to tech against decks/cards like that; with more experience you will begin to notice your opponent laying down the components of a combo like that so you can stop it early.

That said, there has just been a mini expansion and there is a particularly powerful dragon deck right now. However the game receives regular balance adjustments sonic anything is out of hand I would expect it to get fixed pretty quickly.

There is a ton of resources online if you need them, too - eg. Reddit, discord etc.

2 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

In fairness i had nothing set up to block (Wall) and i am yet to work out how the evolve truly works and if its like the bar in Garou mark of the wolves where is it good to use it at the start or end or mid battle. 

That depends on your deck and the circumstances!

On 03/09/2018 at 17:36, The Eagle Lord said:

Anyone else still playing Shadowverse?

I'm playing it everyday and i want to say i'm getting better at it but im not. 

Not sure if playing Dragoncraft off the bat was a great idea but im going to stick with him. 

There are times when the meta just goes against you - there are times I've had a deck that has been a consistent winner for ages and then all of a sudden the meta shifts and all of a sudden it's about 1 point of damage too slow to be competitive. At those times I tend just to stick to non-ranked matches and completing daily missions to earn coins to get new cards until I can build a more competitive deck (or until the meta shifts).

In other news, Daigo will be playing the game next week!

A lot of fighting games are playing it. Fuudo was third at Evo and he's a grand master in shadowverse. Xian has qualified for the seao contenders cup in shadowverse and if he wins that he'll be through to the world grand Prix which has a million dollar first prize.

4 hours ago, Tourist said:

A lot of fighting games are playing it. Fuudo was third at Evo and he's a grand master in shadowverse. Xian has qualified for the seao contenders cup in shadowverse and if he wins that he'll be through to the world grand Prix which has a million dollar first prize.

Im going to start a shadowverse thread i think where we can pop all this stuff in it. 

I've spent a lotof this evening playing Lightseekers on iOS. It's a simple card game, each hero has 30 (or so) health to deplete. Each turn you either draw 2 cards, play 1 and draw 1 or play 2. Cards either attack, defend (heal) or buff (rotate once per turn, with each corner adding a different effect).

Combo cards are used to 'spend' other cards for a single play but are more powerful. It adds up to quick games with an interesting layer of depth and strategy. 

Hero Challenges

Whilst you have been battling among yourselves over Lightstones the world of Tantos has been taking notice. Heroes may now challenge you at anytime; expect a fight!

Hero Challenges have been added to the app

Challenges will be made to you periodically. You will get a notification when a challenge has been made.

Defeating the Challenge (and it will be a challenge!) will grant a bonus Booster Pack

Daily Deals prices have been adjusted

Standard Order Specific Booster Packs reduced from 150 to 100

Item Booster Packs reduced from 300 to 250 (and now guarantee 2 Rare Items)

Cross-Order Booster Packs reduced from 500 to 300 (and purchase limit increased from 1 to 2)

Kindred Launch Reward

Log in to Lightseekers to claim your Kindred launch reward of 250 gems for a limited time.

Looking beyond this next update; here is a list of some of the upcoming features that we currently have in the works for Lightseekers:

Weekly Single Player Events

Each week you will receive a mini-campaign of connected bosses to battle your way through for big rewards.

Re-Roll Mission Functionality & Greater Mission Variety

Additional Practice Game Mode Features

Including ability to set the deck you play against from a deck within your collection

Foil Card Representation In-Game

Includes additional range of cosmetic effects for physical and digital cards

Player Statistic Feature

Including ability to view friends’ and other players’ profiles with stat information

While I’m pushing this, the digital game is only a few months old with lots of new stuff coming too.