rllmuk
FishyFish

Great scenes in disappointing movies

9 hours ago, linkster said:

The opening sequence of Baby Driver is outstanding but the film itself was terrible 

I feel that there are several exceptional sequences in the film. Such a missed chance. Glad I watched it, though.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Spiceymike said:

I always loved the intro to Freddy vs Jason

Hah, that’s great. Gives a really good whistle-stop tour of the Nightmare franchise. Love the breath coming out of his mouth too.

18 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Ugh, that lip synced "Ohhhhhhhh!". I was like "fuck, 2 hours of this fucking shit"

Baby does become less annoying, but at no point does he become any more likable. And the lack of a clear antagonist, central question or story of any description really didn't help things. 

Then theres the whole "Kevin Spacey coercing a teenage boy" thing.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, c-cat114 said:

Plus half a dozen shots in the Dark Knight Rises. But narratively the film dropped off a cliff half way through. 

I don’t think it was disappointing, every bit as good as The Dark Knight, some scenes are absolutely outstanding like the ‘angry in your bones’ monologue

• Upvote 2

Batman Begins easily the best of the three. Both sequels are deeply flawed but have fantastic characters and plenty of entertainment IMO. Christian Bale is awful but Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy are superb. IMO

Personally I loved Dark Knight. Begins was OK, I vaguely remember it as a nicely shot generic action movie more than anything else. Rises was full of absolutely ridiculous leaps of logic from the moment the entire cities Keystone cops were locked in a closet for a year and a half. Bane was awesome though. Liked him loads. 

The opening scenes in both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are utterly wonderful. Well-written, incredibly well put together, and a great way to show off a decent home cinema system. The Joker and Bane are also great. Everything else is a little overrated, really. Good films though.

There is an early Arnie film called Stay Hungry which is rubbish, but...

Amongst all the chaos Arnold gets chased through the busy streets by 30 bodybuilders all oiled up and in their speedos - they break off their pursuit when asked by the locals to bust some poses, which they happily oblige. I've never seen a chase sequence involve five muscle men on the roof of a coach flexing before and I doubt I ever will again.

Can anyone see that video? I uploaded it and it got blocked on copyright grounds! Plenty of other people have uploaded it, but it's either not the whole scene or split into two or more chunks. Is there any way around it? I assume it got smacked with some computer algorithm! Ironic, considering the film is mostly about computers causing havoc.

The opening scene of Inglorious Basterds

The film is a hot mess; a sequence of amazing scenes strung together, seemingly cut from entirely different films. 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

A lot of people didn't like Sunshine. I did. This was an awesome scene. 

That suggestion reminded me of the space jump scene from Star Trek: Into Darkness, which - not having watched it since the cinema - I remembered being a quite well put together action sequence, and easily the highlight of STID.

... But no. I just went back and rewatched it on YouTube and although it probably was the best part of that film, that doesn't mean it's good enough to be worth posting in this thread. :(

Interesting topic. As a music lover first and foremost, the move to digital has seen me listen to full albums less and various tracks on shuffle more. Only recently was I wondering if movie lovers watch individual scenes much? If so, do you have them ripped as a scene or do you skip through the file/disc? Or perhaps you just stream clips on YouTube?