FishyFish

Great scenes in disappointing movies

Iron Man 2 tends to be thought of as one of poorer entries in the MCU, which I tend to agree with. But then it has Justin Hammer's (Sam Rockwell) expo entrance, which never ceases to crack me up.

• Upvote 8

32 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

The ending of Terminator 3, in the bunker after they killed Kristanna Loken. A really well written ending to an uninspiring film. 

Very good shout 

@Harsin I considered posting a Matrix Reloaded action scene too. But I couldn't decide which one; most of them were highlights in an otherwise disappointing film. (Yes even the Burly Brawl fight with the Smiths - I always though the SFX were only distracting in the shots of Neo flying/spinning into the air.)

I thought Atomic Blonde was disappointing next to John Wick Chapter 2, but it did have this pseudo-one shot action sequence:

Oh I just remembered this clip too!

• Upvote 3

I love the introduction scene for Kingpin in Daredevil despite the rest of the movie being a turd. 

I miss Michael Clarke Duncan. :( 

4 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

David's death in Star Trek III always gave me the creeps.  It was just so callous and Kirk's reaction really sold it.  As did Saavek's totally emotionless announcement of it.

There is a great Christopher Lloyd speech as well when the Klingons first see the Genesis effect on the data tapes they get hold of.  Been a while since I have seen it but he replies to one of the other Klingons who is impressed with something along the lines of 'I see it now your wife by your side and children running around your feet, while high above fluttering in the breeze is the flag of the Federation'

• Upvote 1

Here you go, I just saved you a long boring two hours of watching Ken Watanabe look confused and Kick-Ass staring into the middle distance, trying to emote and failing.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Nick R said:

I thought Atomic Blonde was disappointing next to John Wick Chapter 2, but it did have this pseudo-one shot action sequence:

Incredible set piece, movie was shit.

Incredible set piece, movie is shit.

Bad Boys 2's freeway chase.

(why is quoting so fucked on this forum?)

53 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Let's face it Lloyd is immense in the whole film.

We might as well go the whole hog and come out with it that Search for Spock is not a bad film.  It just suffers somewhat from the pure brilliance of Wrath of Khan & that it also undermines the Spock sacrifice at the end of that film.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

Incredible set piece, movie is shit.

Bad Boys 2's freeway chase.

(why is quoting so fucked on this forum?)

Speaking of Bad Boys II. I always liked this scene for the use of the spinning camera work

The opening credits of Watchmen. It's the closest Snyder gets to converting a comic about the construction of comics to a film about the construction of film (which is what would need to happen for it to work). 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, Treble said:

The opening credits of Watchmen. It's the closest Snyder gets to converting a comic about the construction of comics to a film about the construction of film (which is what would need to happen for it to work). 

Disappointing film tho ..?

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of this scene from Ocean's 12, but having watched it again it's not all that great. Still stands out in an otherwise piss poor film, I suppose, and the music's nice. Rayman Legends did a smart homage/parody level.

31 minutes ago, linkster said:

Watchmen? Well, yeah. It's not a disaster, but it's full of flaws. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, linkster said:

Yes. Which surprised me: I had thought that a 1-to-1 recreation of the comic's panel compositions - with added glamorous slow-mo violence - would have more appeal.

Just now, Treble said:

Watchmen? Well, yeah. It's not a disaster, but it's full of flaws. 

Id rank it among my favourite films, the running time flies by. Can’t think of anything quite like it

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1