rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Tomdominer

Socketeer: My New Game Inspired By Paradroid and Spelunky

Paradroid is one of my all time favourite games - so this is right up my street - also love the decompression mechanic.

Inevitable Port Begging Question:

Spoiler

Any plans to bring it over to Switch? Please?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Paradroid is one of my all time favourite games - so this is right up my street - also love the decompression mechanic.

Inevitable Port Begging Question:

Hide contents

Any plans to bring it over to Switch? Please?

I want to, but the publisher has to see some strong sales first. Its in your hands guys!

3 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I love Paradroid. Will definitely have my eye on this one if it comes to Switch, as I don't have a gaming PC.

To be fair, it runs at over 30fps on my 2009 macbook air, so the specs are exactly crazy.

But yeah, we need a switch version!

• Upvote 1

That looks great! Really impressive. We going to do each other favours and buy each other's game... ;)

• Upvote 2

Oh you absolute sod! I've got an old project that I'm looking to resurrect that's a procedurally-generated Paradroid (with Spelunky influences - my favourite old-school game mixed with perhaps my favourite game ever).

Happily your game design and mine are worlds apart, and yours looks really cool. All the best with it. I'm definitely up for a bit of that. :)

• Upvote 1

Just out of curiosity, how much capital woul be needed to get it on the Switch? Always wondered what the associated costs for things like this are as for smaller indie's it must be quite the barrier to entry, even with something that looks as awesome as this.

The music is really good from that trailor and I'm down for getting the Xbox version once it's out :)

I like both of those things! And am not going to ask for a Switch version! Although other PC stores than Steam is always welcome.

I love the art style except for the Wind Waker explosions which (imho) have been done to death in indie games and look out of place with the rest of the style here.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Just out of curiosity, how much capital woul be needed to get it on the Switch? Always wondered what the associated costs for things like this are as for smaller indie's it must be quite the barrier to entry, even with something that looks as awesome as this.

The music is really good from that trailor and I'm down for getting the Xbox version once it's out :)

Just so I am not crass and destroying my chances, I will pm you.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

I love the art style except for the Wind Waker explosions which (imho) have been done to death in indie games and look out of place with the rest of the style here.

Yeah, spot the bit of art my illustrator didn't do ;). I know the black lines don't really match the art style, but his original explosions weren't that good either. Probably need another go at them.

This looks ace.

Paradroid was my favourite C64 game and the gameplay mechanic is well overdue for an modern take so I'll be picking up a copy of this on the Xbox (to tide me over until the Switch version obvs)..