rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
bradigor

Fortnite | Save The World

Fortnite.thumb.jpg.94e1a19bba79f9f99fcf4ece79e76109.jpg

Long before the we wanted to go into battle on an island, the world was in big big trouble and only a few brave heroes could SAVE THE WORLD!

Or something like that anyway. 

Fortnite was originally a PvE game and despite Battle Royale being the darling of the industry right now, this is still the meat of Epic's game... But what is it? Well I am too lazy to write stuff so this is from Wikipedia:

Fortnite: Save the World is a co-op sandbox survival game developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly and published by Epic Games. The game was released as a paid-for early access title for Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 25, 2017, with a full free-to-play release expected in 2018. The retail versions of the game were published by Gearbox Publishing, while online distribution of the PC versions is handled by Epic's launcher.

Fortnite is set in contemporary Earth, where the sudden appearance of a worldwide storm causes 98% of the world's population to disappear, and zombie-like creatures rise to attack the remainder. Considered by Epic as a cross between Minecraft and Left 4 Dead, Fortnite has up to four players cooperating on various missions on randomly-generated maps to collect resources, build fortifications around defensive objectives that are meant to help fight the storm and protect survivors, and construct weapons and traps to engage in combat with waves of these creatures that attempt to destroy the objectives. Players gain rewards through these missions to improve their hero characters, support teams, and arsenal of weapon and trap schematics to be able to take on more difficult missions. The game is supported through microtransactions to purchase in-game currency that can be used towards these upgrades.

Whilst the game does have micro-transactions and despite needing to pay to get access right now, the balancing seems pretty decent on the whole, with you being able to progress through the game just by playing and getting end of mission rewards.What's best though, the game is very generous with V-Bucks, meaning you can easily earn enough to buy a full season of Battle Royale within a few days. 

A few on the forum are really into it... you should be to. 

Media

Our very own @robdood is the go to forum expert in this mode right now and you should check out his videos too. 

Check out his channel too.

Add yourself to the spreadsheet to play with others: HERE

(If anyone is better at spreadsheets than I, please feel free to make it look better)

Jump in and exterminate some husks!

Fortnite_husks.thumb.jpg.63abdc96feb894c8943621997aaf32ab.jpg

• Upvote 3

Every time I try and start a STW game on my Mac it says FAILED TO LOCK PROFILE and I get kicked. WTF? I can do all the menu stuff, just not get into a game. BR works fine*. Any ideas? Internet connection is fine.

* Challenges aren't showing correctly on progress bars, but are recognised as completed. This is a known bug.

EDIT: Seems to be working after five or six restarts and login/outs.

image.thumb.png.1efd62c0bac3ba3025948e00f15d2c50.png

259065173_ScreenShot2018-08-07at14_56_20.thumb.png.c05843441dc479b298911fa3e86bbaf5.png

The Fight the Storm mission in Plankerton are fun... if you get the right people. 

There are 2 Atlas devices to defend at the same time here, rather than just the one. So we enter the level and one player immediately fucks off, leaving us with 3. Another does a few bits then he goes, leaving me and one other. 

Anyway, I am clearing out some encampments and doing some side mission bits and the other guys finds the Atlas. I gradually get over to him to find he has literally built a giant box around both of them with Level 1 wood and a single trap tunnel... 'he must have a plan' I think to myself. 

NOPE!

He starts the mission and I am frantically building around his giant box to try and stem the flow. I do a great job, but we ultimately fail. Luckily he sticks around and helps with the retry and I carry on with a patch job on his GIANT FUCKING CUBE... Somehow, this time thanks to my building work, we get through, but not only complete the mission, we take zero damage. 

I love this game!

• Upvote 1

Have they finished the story yet ? I played alot of this last year. Its alot of fun if you have a decent team. You can share weapons with each other and help people build their home bases as well. Getting some of the best characters and weapons was about getting lucky on loot boxes...sorry piñatas though. I've heard the developers have pretty much given up on it since the Battle Royale mode blew up. 

I enjoyed my time with it but Warframe has scratched the same itch for me and has far more content. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Anyway, I am clearing out some encampments and doing some side mission bits and the other guys finds the Atlas. I gradually get over to him to find he has literally built a giant box around both of them with Level 1 wood and a single trap tunnel... 'he must have a plan' I think to myself. 

Wooden boxes and a couple of tunnels *are* pretty much all you need to defend :D

• Upvote 1

Finally got together with a decent squad in the Horde mode and we bossed the 8 waves... We did it so well, that as a group we went a bit OTT on the final wave with this beast of a base :lol: 

9f8536ff-72bb-430c-8d21-f1e2e5539698.thumb.PNG.f343c9f210517277922c1fa08b58938a.PNG

Looks brilliant in the darkness, jump pads all over the shop and fortified walls at the spawn points which meant none of the husks were ever getting through. Which meant I had the time to go and take a screenshot.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I ever felt as weak as I did in @robdood's mission. His Level 40 husks were eating me for breakfast.

I need to go in and do my Plankerton Storm Shield Defence - 2 mission tonight. My first attempt saw my base get pretty badly beaten up last time (as I solo'd it). So might go in, knock it all down and build again knowing what I now know in terms of base building. 

Anyone with materials fancy a build project tonight, then let me know. 

3 minutes ago, youngbob said:

Ill be able to help around 10pm

I'll prob be on a bit later when my partner leaves for work. What is your Epic ID?

Also - best change in the update: no longer need to press a button to gather loose materials in the field!! Loot Llama dance is now a thing :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, robdood said:

Also - best change in the update: no longer need to press a button to gather loose materials in the field!! Loot Llama dance is now a thing :D

The excitement in your voice as it dawned on you was brilliant :lol: 

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying I did all the work in this mission despite being underpowered, but I did do all the work in this mission despite being underpowered!!

ca7645f7-b222-465d-9f83-ef77ef9259db.thumb.PNG.b5fae0476d28e818b5eb5f02f131fd94.PNG

• Upvote 2

My son wanted to start streaming on Twitch... he sat there all but silent for the entire thing. Asked if I could do better. It's been a while since I did one of these.

So, my new obsession is watching fort building videos on Youtube, I was then inspired to actually solo a Fight the Storm mission using a build I saw. Damn, it was simple letting the traps do all the work. With me just helping out against lobbers. 

One thing I'd like to see added to the game, is the ability to save designs that you can just place if you have the materials. 

28 minutes ago, bradigor said:

So, my new obsession is watching fort building videos on Youtube, I was then inspired to actually solo a Fight the Storm mission using a build I saw. Damn, it was simple letting the traps do all the work. With me just helping out against lobbers. 

One thing I'd like to see added to the game, is the ability to save designs that you can just place if you have the materials. 

can you link a few of those please, I really fancy getting back into this, I loved the PvE stuff but am way way out of touch.

Check out these channels:

SlyGumbi

David Dean

Aiden Harris

Litanah

You'll need to look around their channels as a lot of content and all of them are decent enough to listen to, which helps. 

Example of one... I used a slightly modified version of this in my Fight The Storm (as you can't build the 1x1 box on the Atlus, but it wasn't needed at a low level anyway. 

You'll need

12x Wall Darts
4x Floor Launchers
4x Ceiling traps of your choice

8x Retractable Floor spikes  (I used a couple of extra for added security)

But this was so effective, I just went around farming the area whilst this did the work, just popping back to take care of lobbers and propane. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Thats a nice idea but even medium sized structures can eat into the 2k mat limit. They could make it so the structure is ghosted like those mission objectives and all you have to do is activate each panel to auto build (and again if a trap is tacked on etc).

Just now, youngbob said:

Thats a nice idea but even medium sized structures can eat into the 2k mat limit. They could make it so the structure is ghosted like those mission objectives and all you have to do is activate each panel to auto build (and again if a trap is tacked on etc).

Or maybe allow you to pre-build some common segments up to a specific size limit and only initial build strength, so you still need to upgrade. 

So you can plop down a basic 1x2 room to build up. Or a simple Wall, angle, floor combo, that sort of thing. Rather than full on structures. 

It may well be something that is too awkward to implement, but I wouldn't be against it happening. 

On 10/08/2018 at 16:06, youngbob said:

2K material limit? I'm lugging 4k of each with STACKS spare in my storm shield storage! :blush:

Also, this site is good for stats / etc, here's my profile.  

https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/robdood

I looked up a couple of you guys and was mortified / chuffed at how I've been rinsing it in comparison.. :D

It's so bad I'm seriously considering creating a new account and buying in just to make guide creation a bit easier..  I'm also keen to try a 'spend no physical money on llamas' run and see how it goes.  Could make for a good youtube / twitch series..

• Upvote 1

I got banned from this game about a week or so ago.  The e-mail they sent, when I requested a reason, said "cheats" were detected and being used.

I don't cheat, so this couldn't have been true.  Turns out, I've been using a VPN that doesn't have dedicated IP addresses as an option, like I originally thought.  So someone must've been using the same server as me, and thus the same IP, and got anyone associated with that IP, banned.  I did try to explain this to them, but they just kept responding with the same exact responses, albeit with different customer service representatives.

Apparently VPNs are against their ToS anyway, probably for this very reason, but it's a shame they wouldn't hear me out.

I don't mind making another account to play, but since my Twitch account was linked to the banned account, Epic has a policy that banned accounts keep externally linked account info as well, meaning I cannot link my Twitch account to another epic account.. ever.  :(

Got myself into a situation where I need to go and farm for 1-Star crafting materials. 

I've got a 2-Star ceiling trap and a 2-Star wall launcher, but my wall darts and other traps I use are all 1-Star with not enough XP to level them up. So just need to farm in Stonewood for a bit. 

13 hours ago, robdood said:

I looked up a couple of you guys and was mortified / chuffed at how I've been rinsing it in comparison.. :D

I didnt get to play this weekend. Thats no excuse though ;)

Thats a handy stats site!

Jheeze - just been watching some of the videos you guys have been posting. I picked up save the world back when Battle Royale was in S1.. almost unrecognisable. 

I'll have to start getting into it and once I'm all powered up, if anyone on PS4 wants to party up I'd be keen!