Star Trek: Picard - It’s the hope that kills you

layten

1 hour ago, BossSaru said:

Q will get his powers back and deus ex machina the ending.

Yep yep yep. Q is a giant ‘get out of jail’ free card to these writers, and there’s no way he won’t be used in that spirit. Only he’ll probably explain how he’s allowed certain changes and not others because blah blah. If he dies it’ll likely be the same kind of ‘death’ as Picard in season one. 

2 hours ago, BossSaru said:

Q will get his powers back and deus ex machina the ending.

Oh no doubt. The thing is the characters should be acting pretty concerned about her taking the ship as from their point of view they're now stranded. This is one of many problems with Akiva Goldsman projects, the characters often act as if they've already read the script.

Why the hell anyone has an iota of faith in Strange New Worlds is beyond me, since that show is all his.

I've just realised using the same actors to play their ancestors works on two possible levels of stupid: they didn't want to spend any of the budget to actually hire other actors - the most obvious explanation and simply stupid for being lame, and: it's because they credit their audience with so little intelligence that they thought they could use the same actors as shorthand that they are people who are related, just because they look the same. Which is more stupid and also true.

57 minutes ago, Benny said:

I've just realised using the same actors to play their ancestors works on two possible levels of stupid: they didn't want to spend any of the budget to actually hire other actors - the most obvious explanation and simply stupid for being lame, and: it's because they credit their audience with so little intelligence that they thought they could use the same actors as shorthand that they are people who are related, just because they look the same. Which is more stupid and also true.

Disappointed they didn't de-age and drag up Sir Pat for his great great niece or whatever relative she's supposed to be.

It'd have worked pretty well

image.png.45202ff5c737df4e264723e57134bd6c.png

One day we'll get a full reboot of the Trek franchise. I hope time travel stories, mirror universe stories, relatives of, descendents of, and refernces to existing characters are all outlawed until you can prove you can write a fucking decent piece of science fiction.

10 hours ago, Benny said:

And yet, the one character who actually existed in both timelines (and had already appeared in TNG in an even earlier timeline looking the same age) had a younger actress playing her.

6 hours ago, Nicky said:

One day we'll get a full reboot of the Trek franchise. I hope time travel stories, mirror universe stories, relatives of, descendents of, and refernces to existing characters are all outlawed until you can prove you can write a fucking decent piece of science fiction.

Good news everyone!

image.thumb.png.d8b8e508d07674e8318a822bd29e2a1d.png

Half way through finale

Spoiler

Traveller Wesley :lol:

Thats why a motherfucker has been looking weird at mentions of the rest of the cast turning up but not him. Because he was hiding something. 

So...it really was all about PIcard 

Spoiler

Getting his end away?

Did I miss something or

Spoiler

Did they not explain where FemaleQ/Q2 are with Q's "dying alone" spiel?

I don't think that was the worst episode, but it was tired and predictable (other than the set up for next season out of left field). I don't think there was anything in there that wasn't widely predicted, often weeks ago.

The last scene between Picard/Q was well done...I just with the actors had a better script to work with

51 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Half way through finale

Hide contents

Thats why a motherfucker has been looking weird at mentions of the rest of the cast turning up but not him. Because he was hiding something. 

And it was exactly like this 😂

It will be interesting to see how season 3 turns out. Given the track record, I’d normally have no hope but Goldsman and Kurtzman have solely given it to Matalas and I suspect the latter may see it as a big fat chance to exonerate himself from the disasters of season 1 and 2.

Makes me feel a bit conflicted, as part of me wants season 3 to tank as badly as 1&2, just so the point is hammered home, but on the other hand if Matalas pulls it off then we finally get some halfway decent Trek and it’s made abundantly clear who was really fucking things up. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Half way through finale

Hide contents

Is it up early ? Or have you got it through other means ?

12 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

It can't be worse than season 1's giant metal space snakes. Can it?

We’ve already got the giant metal vagina to return to from the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Nicky said:

@Benny make sure youve got a bottle of scotch or something ready for this... you'll need it. its so fucking bad. like the utter nadir.

I haven't watched it since the one where Baltar turns up and Picard's mum gets carted off in a straight jacket and or whatever it was. No intention of watching any more since.

well... here's the "highlights"

Spoiler

Adam Soong is responsible for making Khan. they "deftly" rack focus on a folder in Soongs hands that says "KHAN"

Wil fucking Wheaton returns as a traveller and takes Soji or whatever she's called to become another traveller rudely interupting her with all the pomposity that Wheaton carries in everything he does. then they both dissapear fo no reason other than becuase its fan service and Kurtzman was sick of getting teeth burns on the side of his cock from Wheaton wanting a slice of the nuTrek pie.

Q literally with tears in his eyes pretty much blurts out his love for Picard and they hug, Picard saying he isnt dying alone! q snaps his fingers, presumably dies and they're back on the stargazer blurting out Non Je Ne Regrette Rien

Borg Queen is SHOCKINGLY revealed as moonfaced Jurati megaborg queen

unknown.png

Seven is field promoted by Picard to captain the Stargazer and tells a comm officer to tell the rest of the fleet to not resist

(oh yeah Rios stays in the past with his new family)

Then Jurati requests formal application to join the federation and they put up a mega shield to stop a new white-hole like trans warp conduit forming - it forms and jurati wants to protect the federation from whatever shit (read red space tentacles most likely) is on the other side.

oh and Elnor is back and Raffi does a cry.

Spoiler

Is there a reason why Borg Queen Jurati in the first episode said the words "look up" like what Picard's mother says? Or is it just Alex Kurtzman doesn't know how to create red herrings that make sense.

I haven't watched since the party episode and everything I've read since hurts my brain.

Just now, Gambit said:
  Hide contents

Is there a reason why Borg Queen Jurati in the first episode said the words "look up" like what Picard's mother says? Or is it just Alex Kurtzman doesn't know how to create red herrings that make sense.

I haven't watched since the party episode and everything I've read since hurts my brain.

no