IGNORED

Star Trek: Picard - Don't bother, go watch Strange New Worlds instead

layten

37 minutes ago, readonly said:
  Hide contents

Oh, I definitely saw it coming but I'm intrigued as to why, especially now we know that she and Maddox were intimate. I really don't think we needed 4 episodes of setup to get here but now that things are moving, I'm rather more optimistic for the second half of the season.

The problem I can see is

They've set up this massive secret. The one that convinces the Romulan cult that all synthetics must die. (And IIRC can kill people with it's shocking nature if they handle it badly)

And now Oh's revealed it to her, she immediately does a 180 turn on the issue, and is willing to kill ex-lover.

There's no way the "secret" can live up to weight put on it

26 minutes ago, Hexx said:

The problem I can see is

Hide contents

They've set up this massive secret. The one that convinces the Romulan cult that all synthetics must die. (And IIRC can kill people with it's shocking nature if they handle it badly)

And now Oh's revealed it to her, she immediately does a 180 turn on the issue, and is willing to kill ex-lover.

There's no way the "secret" can live up to weight put on it

You may well be right. Hmm.

boo-de-hoo it's not exactly what I want from star trek.

Perhaps you should just give up and spare us all the weekly moaning. I'm glad there are a few other places to talk about this, because fucking hell it's tedious having the same people pop up each week to say how this episode is the worst thing ever.

Perhaps @PC Master Race you should engage in discussion instead of dismissiing people. or at least tell us why you think its good? When in my oppinion its clearly a bag of knackers with a pale immitation of captain picard in it. Take picard out, and you've got absolutley nothing of worth. Even the Picard we do have is, and it breaks my heart to say it, rubbish.

26 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Perhaps @PC Master Race you should engage in discussion instead of dismissiing people. or at least tell us why you think its good? When in my oppinion its clearly a bag of knackers with a pale immitation of captain picard in it. Take picard out, and you've got absolutley nothing of worth. Even the Picard we do have is, and it breaks my heart to say it, rubbish.

No one cares that you think each episode is terrible. You told us all last week and couldn't wait to rush to the thread this week to tell us all again. Save your self the bother next week.

Moaning about how it’s not exactly what you think it should be. If you want TNG then Netflix has the lot. This is something different. Picard has spent the best part of a decade and a half sat in his vineyard, he isn’t the character we remember. Things change, and pissing and moaning about that isn’t going to make any difference. 

I couldn't stand Discovery, so I stopped watching and strangely enough didnt bother to shit up the thread each week.

31 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

No one cares that you think each episode is terrible. You told us all last week and couldn't wait to rush to the thread this week to tell us all again. Save your self the bother next week.

Moaning about how it’s not exactly what you think it should be. If you want TNG then Netflix has the lot. This is something different. Picard has spent the best part of a decade and a half sat in his vineyard, he isn’t the character we remember. Things change, and pissing and moaning about that isn’t going to make any difference. 

I couldn't stand Discovery, so I stopped watching and strangely enough didnt bother to shit up the thread each week.

Great post, which nails a wider problem with this forum.

Christ, What a grim place the 24th century has become since Picard resigned!

Murder, racism, dismemberment, beheadings, drug addiction, Ex-Borg alcoholics,money driven economy & bad language.

I can see now why in the new series of Discovery it takes place in a time when the Federation has collapsed.

Somebody well & truly fell alsleep at the wheel! :lol:

7 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

I know which viewpoint is more constructive. Maybe stick to the other places you speak of if you don't want to hear a negative review?

I sure can’t wait to see the same negative reviews from the same people in exactly a weeks time!

save yourself and the rest of us the bother yea

16 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

Mm hmm. Or, seeing as it's a discussion forum, we could discuss what we think of the show.

Uh huh.

I think the point of discussion forums is to discuss, not repeat the same tired shit over and over. Give it a go, you might get a better reaction. 

9 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

That was a great.

Looks like we have some plot progression going on.

I mean when this is the total of your input to a "discussion" thread on a current episode - maybe you should shut up and stop criticizing others? :lol:

At least they express thoughts deeper than a slice of lemon.

Just now, PC Master Race said:

Uh huh.

I think the point of discussion forums is to discuss, not repeat the same tired shit over and over. Give it a go, you might get a better reaction. 

I have opinions of this episode however they don't 100% align with those of @PC Master Race so I'll keep them to myself and fuck off until next episode in the hope that I am able to express my thoughts on that one.

9 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

Sorry but I thought it was the worst episode yet. I still really want to like this show but dear God...

Hide contents

The gratuitous gore in the opening scene, the dumb eyepatch and french accent, the constant 'get the hell out of here' and 'damn right'. The EMH that doesn't have an override built in for someone saying 'deactivate EMH' while they commit murder. The murderer sliding further and further into Tilly mode up to that point. Raffi's....well, everything about Raffi. Space Legolas standing about awkwardly like a virgin in a strip club. The dreadful attempts at humour.

I'm trying to forget that it's supposed to be Star Trek, because it's definitely not Star Trek. I'm just not sure whether it's even particularly good sci-fi.

Glad others are enjoying it but the only solace I can find at the moment is it isn't Discovery.

The jarring tonal difference between Pimp Picard etc and the brutal murder of Icheb etc are just bad story telling.

Still like that they set up 7 for an easy return/call for help

25 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I mean when this is the total of your input to a "discussion" thread on a current episode - maybe you should shut up and stop criticizing others? :lol:

At least they express thoughts deeper than a slice of lemon.

23 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:

I have opinions of this episode however they don't 100% align with those of @PC Master Race so I'll keep them to myself and fuck off until next episode in the hope that I am able to express my thoughts on that one.

Are you just going to repost the same thing that was ignored once in the broken assumption that people must have just missed your masterpiece rather than ignoring it for the same tired old “it’s not my TNG” with a little sprinkling of the poor acting and tired writing cliches?

If nobody gave a fuck the first time, it’s likely just repeating yourself into the void won’t make a difference. 

3 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Are you just going to repost the same thing that was ignored once in the broken assumption that people must have just missed your masterpiece rather than ignoring it for the same tired old “it’s not my TNG” with a little sprinkling of the poor acting and tired writing cliches?

If nobody gave a fuck the first time, it’s likely just repeating yourself into the void won’t make a difference. 

Look. Clearly there's enough in the show to keep me watching at least until the end of the season. It's a crying shame they executed it so badly when the general premise has some promise.

How about you enlighten us with some of the things you enjoyed, something a bit deeper than 'it moved the plot along a bit'. By episode 5 that should really be a given. By episode 2 that should be a given, though not in this case.

If nobody gave a fuck the first time, it’s likely just repeating yourself into the void won’t make a difference.

Says the bloke who's made 7 nigh identical stop being mean about the thing I like posts on just this page alone.

It's like raaaaaaaaaaain on your (Betazoid) wedding day...

1 minute ago, Harsin said:

Says the bloke who's made 7 nigh identical stop being mean about the thing I like posts on this page alone.

It's like raaaaaaaaaaain on your wedding day...

Oh boy. I sure like reading the same thing over and over. 

• layten changed the title to Star Trek: Picard - Don't bother, go watch Strange New Worlds instead