Jump to content
rllmuk
PC Master Race

Star Trek: Picard - 'Best Trek Ever' says everyone

Recommended Posts

https://deadline.com/2019/03/santiago-cabrera-michelle-hurdcast-star-trek-jean-luc-picard-series-cbs-all-access-1202569185/

 

Quote

No details are being revealed about the characters Cabrera and Hurd are playing, but I hear Cabrera will play the pilot of Picard’s ship who also is a skillful thief. Hurd is playing a former intelligence officer who is a brilliant analyst with a terrific memory that has not been affected by her drug and alcohol abuse.

 

:hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drug & alcohol abuse??...guess we're not so different in the 24th century after all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. If those descriptions are true, there are three possibilities that spring to mind about the concept here.

 

1. The Federation is facing a threat like no other, and is forced to assemble a crew of misfits and outlaws who are the absolute best at what they do. They task Picard to manage this crew due to his experience heading up the finest, most exemplary crew in Starfleet. Err... :unsure:

 

2. Picard is lost in space! He is forced to adapt to the lawless worlds of the Outer Rim, and falls in with a freelance crew who lost their captain when a job went south. He needs a ship to get home, and they need a captain to hold them together.

 

3. Picard is a guest on the maiden voyage of the Voyager A, and ends up flung into the distant Delta quadrant along with a Marquis ship for some reason. What are the chances? A bunch of Voyager's crew is killed in the event, including the captain, so Picard does the dutiful thing and takes the chair. He's forced to integrate the Maquis crew to fill out the other missing slots, but could they really adjust to life on a Starfleet vessel? For that matter, can the Starfleet crew adapt to life outside the Federation? Hilarity ensues as they begin the long journey home.

 

I'm sure these are all way off the mark though. I certainly hope they are! 1 is probably the dumbest of the three though, and while that would normally imply it was the most likely it sounds a bit too close to the Section 31 spin off. It's a Starfleet crew, but oooh, edgy! 2 is less likely simply because I can't think of a setting that would support this, unless Picard ends up in a different galaxy or something. Something like 3 would be interesting if only because Voyager quickly brushed the Marquis/Starfleet friction to one side, and it would interesting to see that handled better. That's unlikely though because it would still be too close to Voyager.

 

So it's definitely going to be 1, basically.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maquis!! :quote:

 

Also, isn't your option 3 basically just the Voyager series we already have, sans Picard?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Maquis!! :quote:

 

Also, isn't your option 3 basically just the Voyager series we already have, sans Picard?

Yes, although I wasn't being entirely serious. If they went with that I'm sure it would be a different setting, ship name, and some other Maquis type group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good looking lovable pilot but also a skillful thief in his spare time. Best of the best intelligence agent who lost her job due to drugs and alcohol abuse but is still amazing when required. 

 

Are we sure they didn't mix up the character description with that of Generic Gritty Cable Show 156.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the TNG movies we should be used to asking for more TNG and getting something almost, but not quite, entirely unlike TNG. Yet here we are.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Thor said:

Patrick's going to fuck this, isn't he? He's going to ruin Picard. :(

 

I think someone else mentioned it, but Stewart, loveable as he clearly is, was always the one agitating for Picard to do more shooting and sexy time during TNG. 

 

Which as an actor, back in TNG days at least, Stewart was more than capable of doing.  It's just not really the character of Picard is it. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the flipside, one of my favourite Picard TNG episodes is where he goes to space butlins Risa, and ends up in silly shenanigans. So we may yet get something we can all like. And yes, I love Patrick Stewart, but I'm concerned that he's going to go off on one with this.  Here's hoping he's not surrounded by yes-men, and that people will challenge him on his more eccentric suggestions.

 

"No, Patrick!! Her clothes can't fall off because you're driving a space-buggy upside down in zero-g while fighting five Klingons single-handedly, you old perve!"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Patrick's going to fuck this, isn't he? He's going to ruin Picard. :(

 

tumblr_m1o1fhekJf1qzg3nm.gif

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hexx said:

 

tumblr_m1o1fhekJf1qzg3nm.gif

Loving Worf in the background there. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those rare moments when the thoughts of actor and character truly align. Michael Dorn is clearly thinking "I've made a terrible mistake."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mogster said:

Hmm. If those descriptions are true, there are three possibilities that spring to mind about the concept here.

 

1. The Federation is facing a threat like no other, and is forced to assemble a crew of misfits and outlaws who are the absolute best at what they do. They task Picard to manage this crew due to his experience heading up the finest, most exemplary crew in Starfleet. Err... :unsure:

 

2. Picard is lost in space! He is forced to adapt to the lawless worlds of the Outer Rim, and falls in with a freelance crew who lost their captain when a job went south. He needs a ship to get home, and they need a captain to hold them together.

 

3. Picard is a guest on the maiden voyage of the Voyager A, and ends up flung into the distant Delta quadrant along with a Marquis ship for some reason. What are the chances? A bunch of Voyager's crew is killed in the event, including the captain, so Picard does the dutiful thing and takes the chair. He's forced to integrate the Maquis crew to fill out the other missing slots, but could they really adjust to life on a Starfleet vessel? For that matter, can the Starfleet crew adapt to life outside the Federation? Hilarity ensues as they begin the long journey home.

 

I'm sure these are all way off the mark though. I certainly hope they are! 1 is probably the dumbest of the three though, and while that would normally imply it was the most likely it sounds a bit too close to the Section 31 spin off. It's a Starfleet crew, but oooh, edgy! 2 is less likely simply because I can't think of a setting that would support this, unless Picard ends up in a different galaxy or something. Something like 3 would be interesting if only because Voyager quickly brushed the Marquis/Starfleet friction to one side, and it would interesting to see that handled better. That's unlikely though because it would still be too close to Voyager.

 

So it's definitely going to be 1, basically.

 

4. They re-do Rodenberry's Andromeda idea with Stewart/Picard instead of Sorbo/Hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kinda hoping the crew would be 4 lights and every episode the main antagonist would be an annoying 5th light. Each episode ends with Picard screaming "THERE... ARE.. 4... LIGHTS!" as the rest of the crew guffaws with an audience laugh track in the background.

 

Another series concept they have seriously overlooked is my pitch for the "Ongoing Adventures of Locutus: Borg Picard". Set in an alternate universe, it's a sitcom where Locutus lives in a shared New York apartment with his Enterprise buddies as they try to re-integrate him into civilisation - with hilarious results!

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PC Master Race said:

Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway & Isa Briones.

 

They don’t even sound like real names

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon they will go back to his love for archaeology/tombraiding intergalactic artefacts. Maybe bring back his old flame Vash (Think that was her name).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.