Succession - Sky Atlantic/HBO

Gotters

I'd skipped this as I wasn't feeling like watching something allegedly very loosely based on the Murdochs. But recently succumbed when I saw it mentioned with stuff like The Thick of It. It has been very good. And I've just hit Ken's rap :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuck you know a show is good when just a poster of the characters can have so many implications. 

Best show on TV this. If it continues at the quality it’s at now it will be challenging the top three Holy Trinity of best shows ever I reckon. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:

I've just rewatched Series 2 and it remains incredible how these awful, awful people are so watchable and compelling - the writing and acting is just amazing across the board.

It's remarkable how immersive a watching experience it is, as well. In the Variety interview posted earlier in the thread they were saying that the camera operators have free reign to wander about the set while they're doing a scene, focusing on what they feel are the most important elements from what they feel are the right angles. It really makes you feel like you're in the room with them, with your focus flicking from person to object to person like it would in real life.

Not seen the Series 3 trailer yet; binged this (S1&2) in the last two weeks.. only stopping as I had to sleep! What a show. 

Again, hardly anything to talk about really, and couldn't read through the thread until I was done, for fear of spoilers.

I had no idea anyone from Peep Show was involved, but Tom is soooo like Jez, that it really makes a lot of sense. 

The cast and acting are brilliant, locations amazing, and it's been extremely gripping and great TV. I loathe all of the characters in so many ways, but it's so well written and acted that I could not stop watching these absolute shits. The dark humour is superb, and I actually enjoy how "honestly" shit and despicable these characters are.

Fucking brilliant and can't wait to watch Series 3 over about 2 days during Christmas or whenever I can binge on it.