rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Life is Strange 2

39 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Maybe a stupid question but that’s the release date right? And its episodic again?

Life is Strange 2 is less than two months away and we still know very little about it - but that's all about to change.

On Monday 20th August, the day before Gamescom opens, Square Enix will broadcast a special reveal of the game worldwide. (Expect Eurogamer to cover this live.)

It's handy timing, too, since the first of the upcoming season's five episodes has already been dated for 27th September, on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-02-heres-your-first-short-glimpse-at-life-is-strange-2

• Upvote 1

All finished over a week and a bit.

Didn't love it to be honest. I didn't really like the brothers as a pair (although Sean was pretty cool) and the lack of a central "hook" (e.g. the ongoing mystery of S1) and constantly rotating cast didn't really help build connections/engagement as a result. I mean I despised Chloe in S1, but you had other people/things to draw you in.

I wanted to smack Daniel a lot. He's such an ungrateful little shite. I might have found it different if I had a sibling or a child but for the first few episodes he felt irredeemably a berk. I have no idea why Sean would suffer so much for him (nor me, but I liked the Dad so...)...

Having said that I can see why it's made so any GOTY shortlist and mentions. It's politcally relevant and very very uncomfortable (but also uncomfortably accurate) throughout.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see someone else wanted to slap the shit out of Daniel. They tried to make him more likeable in the final two episodes mind, but by then it was to late.

I'm just going to pop up here to say that I finished this yesterday, and thought it was absolutely phenomenal. Much much better than S1 and undoubtedly the best "Telltale-type" game I've played. The way in which Daniel and Sean's relationship is built upon hundreds of tiny little choices you make is brilliantly done.

I think it helps to be a parent. My son's currently around Daniel's age, so that makes a difference, and while Daniel's dialogue isn't always that convincing for a 9-year-old, he's pretty convincing as a kid - and being aggravating is definitely part of that. The age gap between Daniel and Sean is also pretty much exactly the gap between me and my little brother, and I remember us being those ages very clearly (and it wasn't an easy time for our family, although of course we didn't go through anything like the events of this game). So a lot of this game hit me quite hard. I genuinely cared about these characters, and those around them (Chris FTW) and while I didn't get the ending I perhaps expected, in retrospect it was absolutely the ending I deserved.

• Upvote 1