rllmuk
Loik V credern

Your unearthed gems

I could probably just say 'Elaine May' and be happy with that (I had a quick look and don't believe she's even been mentioned on this forum once), but I'll go with The Heartbreak Kid. It's one for people who like Woody Allen films and The Graduate. It's as good as any top tier Allen and has an ending that is as brilliantly enigmatic as the latter.

TV series - The Same Sky. It's on Netflix, ends kind of abruptly, not sure if there'll be any more.

Film - Only one I can think of that maybe isn't known by everyone is Me and You and Everyone We Know. I watched it a few years ago when its form of quirk was still fairly unique but these days it might seem a little irritating maybe. I liked it at the time. Very relaxing soundtrack too.

14 minutes ago, Pockets said:

TV series - The Same Sky. It's on Netflix, ends kind of abruptly, not sure if there'll be any more.

Film - Only one I can think of that maybe isn't known by everyone is Me and You and Everyone We Know. I watched it a few years ago when its form of quirk was still fairly unique but these days it might seem a little irritating maybe. I liked it at the time. Very relaxing soundtrack too.

Mark Kermode absolutely savages that, very funny

We Are The Best

going through the bleak outskirts of brum on the train reminded me of this Swedish movie from a few years back about some girls who form a truly terrible punk band. Really superb.

I didn't unearth this, it was recommended by lordcookie. 

Rituals - this is part of my review from the blog thread. This really is a great, vicious movie that's well worth tracking down. 

Five doctors take a trip into the Canadian wilderness, little realising what horrors await them.

This was mentioned in the scare me thread by lordcookie. I'd never heard of it before and that's a shame because this is a cracking picture. Five doctors, one of which is Hal Holbrook, set off on a six day hiking trip, as part of their yearly get together. They've been friends for years, have a lot of history (and skeletons) and there's some tension below the surface before the trip begins proper. Once it does get going, they soon find themselves in trouble when someone steals their boots, rendering all but one of them unable to travel anywhere easily. One person sets off for help while the others begin to endure strange happenings, causing them to find another place to camp. As the happenings become more real and frightening, they realise they're being toyed with by someone who knows exactly what he is doing. 

---

I'd also heartily recommend The Outfit with Robert Duvall, and Charley Varrick. Both excellent movies.

• Upvote 1