IGNORED

EFL Championship 2018/19 - All aboard the rollercoaster

Luseth

Middlesbrough 0-3 Aston Villa.   We've got a surprisingly good record up there, in our last dozen or so visits we've won 5-2, 4-0 and 3-0 a couple of times.  We've won three times up there in 11 months without conceding a goal.   

The impact Dean Smith has had on this team has been immense though, same players as Steve Bruce had but it's night and day, we do have our issues at the back but going forwards the team look irresistible,  we are on a run of fixtures fans have been concerned about all season and so far the results have been  overwhelmingly positive, 3 wins and a draw against Derby (a) Blues (h) Forest (h) and Boro (a) and we've managed to score 15 goals in the process.  The team make the three mile trip to West Brom on Friday night and I've got a feeling it's going to end 10-9. :lol:

Entertaining game at The Hawthorns.  Villa should probably be out of sight at half time, McGinn's hit the post, Tammy is having one of those games where he looks like couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and we should have had a penalty.   The Ollybuyiun look threatening on the counter but I think they are there for the taking.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kieran said:

The Wednesday have sacked our manager - which makes going to today’s game less depressing. Club is also up for sale but our woefully naive chairman thinks he will get £100 million!

I know 100mil is a lot but I think it’s an attractive proposition. The club has a great fan base, the city is in a great location by the m1. Stadium is a little rusty but sound and has plenty of history. The derbies are fantastic. 

I dont think he’ll be short of buyers. 

Such a shame cocked up the 2 play offs chances a couple seasons back. Hopefully you’ll get another chance, I’d love to see the top sides at Hillsborough and have the place buzzing again (I live here). 

1 hour ago, Baring said:

I know 100mil is a lot but I think it’s an attractive proposition. The club has a great fan base, the city is in a great location by the m1. Stadium is a little rusty but sound and has plenty of history. The derbies are fantastic. 

I dont think he’ll be short of buyers. 

Such a shame cocked up the 2 play offs chances a couple seasons back. Hopefully you’ll get another chance, I’d love to see the top sides at Hillsborough and have the place buzzing again (I live here). 

I cant see him getting 100m, as big a club as Wednesday are. 

Half of that that would be a push. 

4 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Villa 2-3 Leeds

great game. 

I disagree. :(

Tbh I fully expected to lose when I saw the team. Grealish, Tuanzebe and Taylor all out injured basically cripples the spine of our team, we've got a 19 year old left back playing in central defence and a 34 year old right back playing at left back. It certainly creaks under pressure.  Playoffs at best for us now. 

Yeah, have to say I’m surprised how far away Villa are from the top two. Not long ago they seemed to be on a really good run. 

The division seems quite quite wide open this year too. 

Whats happened to saiz or however you spell his name for Leeds. The commentary said something about him being off. 

The fixture list has been tricky for Smith to be fair. 

2BFX3pg.jpg

This is the table since he took over, we've played everybody in the top half of this table except for Preston (Bruce's final game) and Hull, the only bottom half team we've faced since mid October has been Bolton. We've been away to Norwich, Derby, QPR, West Brom and Middlesbrough in that run too. We've got Swansea, Preston and QPR over Xmas then we finally get a run against 'weaker' opposition. Hopefully we sort out the back four in January, Bruce made a net profit on transfers during his tenure but he left us with two senior centre halves and one senior left back in the squad. I dare say if we've got money then it will go on the defence. Automatic would take a mathematical miracle but we've got a shot in the lottery that is the playoffs.