EFL Championship 2018/19 - All aboard the rollercoaster

Gale had been on thin ice for a while, he nailed one of our lads on the touchline a couple of minutes after his first yellow, that was a bookable offence and he only got away with it because it would have meant a red card otherwise, besides after the game at The Hawthorns I don't think West Brom get to complain about refereeing decisions again this season.

As for the football?  I dunno what Villa were up to in the first half, it was really sloppy stuff. Awful mistake from Whelan for the goal which is a shame as he's been magnificent of late. Him being in the team tends to mean McGinn and Grealish can play five yards further forwards, though Hourihane probably offers more when we need a goal.  I'm fairly pleased with how it went, once again the team have shown they can adapt when the chips are down and don't crumble after conceding the first goal which had been something of a Villa trait for the last six or seven years since the Martin O'Neill era.  Still all to play for but I'd like to think we can go to Smethwick and win.

So idiot striker 1/3 sent off for kicking out at someone in the last (nothing) game of the league.  Only two strikers left for the big play off double header.  What could go wrong?

Oh right, idiot striker 2/3 sent off two yellows.  One for time wasting after being warned, the other for a downright stupid challenge on the keeper.  Oh well, not like we need to score to get to the play off fin...well fuck.

Villa had all the possession and most of the chances, we got a lucky goal and a good save off the crossbar.  No complaints, it's a big ask at the Hawthorns when we will be forced to change formation due to aforementioned fuckwits.

At least this week has shown these two legged semi finals are nice and predictable.

Fuck sake.  One of our most experienced players, once again two stupid yellow cards.  Frankly first challenge was a red all day.

It's a real tough ask now, I assume it will be holding out for pens if we can manage.

Yes, Robson-Kanu kicked out at someone to get himself suspended for both legs.

I would like to apologise for this idiot of an announcer.  Don't normally have some idiot shouting MAKE SOME NOISE after a sub.  Don't usually have flags either.

6 minutes ago, Moodmon said:

Yes, Robson-Kanu kicked out at someone to get himself suspended for both legs.

I would like to apologise for this idiot of an announcer.  Don't normally have some idiot shouting MAKE SOME NOISE after a sub.  Don't usually have flags either.

He does know he's at a football game, and not a boxing match?!

Incredible.  That is about our 6th clean sheet of the season.  This from a side that finished 4th.  I'd still fancy Villa as they have attacking players and penalty takers on the pitch, but who knows.  Going to pens when having a man sent off in both legs boggles my mind.

Well fuck.  Cannot really begrudge that.  Maybe a few ref quibbles over the two legs but you get two sent off and let Villa have that much possession you are gonna struggle.

Best of luck to Villa, hope you smash it in the final.

Can't really argue with that over the 2 legs - the sending off meant the end of any attacking impetus from Albion, who defended superbly to take it to penalties, but I think Villa deserved it overall. 

The consensus seemed to be that the kidney injury he got last season (kicked in a pre season friendly, kidney exploded) made him grow up a lot, though there was a really good interview with him in the Daily Mail about two weeks ago where it was implied, to me at least, that the photos of him on the piss and taking laughing gas were mostly taken from before he was even in the first team squad and published later for maximum impact. It's a reputation he's never been able to shake for some reason, certainly in Birmingham.

Mind you, a lot of Blues and West Brom fans have just decided that they hate him no matter what. Presumably the haircut and the rolled up socks are part of it.