Luseth

EFL Championship 2018/19 - All aboard the rollercoaster

Form has been patchy since Christmas and we've been riding our luck. That was damaging. Hopefully Bamford being back might net us a few more goals.

There's still plenty of time for us to screw up even the playoffs, which is worrying me.

Just seen the stamp by Tyrone Mings on Nelson Oliveira.

biFiHeX.gif

That's fucking shocking - clearly deliberate - he needs a lengthy ban for that.  I won't post the photo of Oliveira's face as it's pretty graphic - he could have blinded him.  Disgraceful.

• Upvote 1

What a nasty piece of work, what ever the ban ends up being, its too short. 

He had a very similar (but not as brutal) incident with Ibra which he got a 5 match ban for, surely that's got to be factored in. 

No further action as 'the officials saw the incident at the time'.

What an absolute nonsense that is.  Mings should have the book thrown at him, yet he gets away scott free.  An absolute joke. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Just seen the stamp by Tyrone Mings on Nelson Oliveira.

biFiHeX.gif

That's fucking shocking - clearly deliberate - he needs a lengthy ban for that.  I won't post the photo of Oliveira's face as it's pretty graphic - he could have blinded him.  Disgraceful.

Yeah, it’s absolutely disgusting, like he’s been in a car crash. His face is split wide open. 

Dean Smith says Mings' stamp on Oliveira was accidental. Yeah, course it was.

Jose Gomes doesn't agree. Neither do I.

That other angle makes it look even worse.

• Upvote 2

I think Smith has got to back him as his manager. We can't send him back just because it doesn't sit right.  Personally I think he meant to do it and I'd not be against him getting banned but it's difficult to prove I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

I think Smith has got to back him as his manager. We can't send him back just because it doesn't sit right.

Why can't they send him back?

30 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Why can't they send him back?

To be fair, if players routinely had contracts cancelled over this sort of incident then Kevin Muscat never would have made a senior appearance.

20 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

To be fair, if players routinely had contracts cancelled over this sort of incident then Kevin Muscat never would have made a senior appearance.

And Matty Holmes may have made many more.

• Upvote 1