IGNORED

League 1, 2, Non League Football 2018-19 Season

neoELITE

Was at Edgeley Park on Saturday for the first time this season to see Stockport County beat Spennymoor 1-0. Now 1pt off the top with a game in hand on leaders Chorley! Fantastic atmosphere and records broken...

That's an unbelievable crowd for that division, but then Stockport are a big club. Crossing my fingers for them this season. It's a tough league to get out with only one automatic place and seemingly much higher standard of teams compared to the National League South.

And then, like Wrexham, I'm sure they'll be back in the football league eventually. Eventually.

Great crowd at The Racecourse too on Saturday with over 7100 there. All stands singing and Bryan Hughes chants making an appearance. It was ace.  I'd imagine Leyton Orient vs Wrexham on Saturday will be sizeable too, although the early kick off and it being on TV will no doubt affect numbers a bit.

13 hours ago, Fatsam said:

That's an unbelievable crowd for that division, but then Stockport are a big club. Crossing my fingers for them this season. It's a tough league to get out with only one automatic place and seemingly much higher standard of teams compared to the National League South.

I've also noticed a bit of a discrepancy between N League North and South.  North has Stockport, Chester, York, Darlington, Bradford PA and Hereford (albeit some are phoenix clubs), whereas South only has Torquay with FL experience.

What happens if all 4 clubs to be relegated from National League are southern ? - which seems very likely if Chesterfield escape.  Does someone put a bunch of pins in the map and re-allocate 2 clubs from S to N?  Could be Oxford, Gloucester, Hemel in the running if so, hardly "northern".

52 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I've also noticed a bit of a discrepancy between N League North and South.  North has Stockport, Chester, York, Darlington, Bradford PA and Hereford (albeit some are phoenix clubs), whereas South only has Torquay with FL experience.

What happens if all 4 clubs to be relegated from National League are southern ? - which seems very likely if Chesterfield escape.  Does someone put a bunch of pins in the map and re-allocate 2 clubs from S to N?  Could be Oxford, Gloucester, Hemel in the running if so, hardly "northern".

The North has the bigger clubs and I think has been more competitive in recent years. If you look at this season, Torquay and Woking, who were relegated last year, are way ahead of the other teams at the top of the National League South. The two southern teams promoted last season, Braintree and Havant and Waterlooville, are in the bottom 4 of the National league. That's quite telling.

And basically yes, that's exactly what will happen,  they will move clubs from the South to the North, which I suppose could have a bit of an impact on clubs in terms of the impact of travelling and maybe away support numbers.

West Riding County Cup final between Ossett Utd and Guiseley was due to be played at a ground smaller than both teams home ground. So they ended up doing a coin toss to decide who's home ground it would be played at. 

Promotion dreams shattered as Leyton Orient beat us 1-0 to go top of the league.

Pretty even and fairly scrappy game first half and I thought they looked a bit shaky at the back in that period, but then as Beavon and Tollitt tired up front in the second our ability to get at them diminished. Not that we created loads, we didn't, and there was a bit too much hoof ball and relying on picking up the second ball from us. An early injury to Walker was a huge blow to us as he's crucial sat there in front of the back 4 shielding the defence and picking passes. Bobby Grant who came on for him is pretty shit and we didn't function anything like as well as we have been in midfield after the unintended reshuffle. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad. 

Leyton Orient were stronger in the second and threatened more. It was irritating to get beaten by a shot from a central defender that took a deflection to go in off the post, but they just about deserved the win. It was also irritating to get beaten by a side sponsored by The Sun obviously. 

Two winnable home games for us next that I'd quite like us to win.

We drew 0-0 at home to Luton on Saturday. Mick Harford subbed off Hylton in the first half before he was sent off - Hylton thought it was a good idea to jab a finger in Mick Harford's face. There are some things you just don't do and that's one of them :hmm:

They did have much more of the ball and also had most of the chances but we almost nicked it in the end and could have ended up with 3 points rather than the 1 we got.  I was impressed with them though, they're a very aggressive, physical side and I thought Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu was awesome - we couldn't get the ball off him and couldn't get the ball past him. Given how many goals Luton have scored this season (they beat us 5-1 early in the season), I thought our back five were very good. You can tell that Luton have spent a lot this season, they have quite a good squad and you can see why they've gone 20+ games unbeaten.  The ref was terrible though (again) for both sides - giving yellow cards for seemingly innocuous challenges and ignoring some tackles that would be regarded as dangerous.  The linesman on our side was also shocking (again) - how hard is it to stay level with a centre half who can barely run?  Neither manager was happy with the officials at half time. 

Watched the Charlton vs Portsmouth game in the social club and that was quite entertaining. 

I see Wycombe did their usual against Sunderland but let in a ridiculously late goal. 6 minutes added time in the first half and 12 minutes added in the second half. How can they do this almost every week? Surely it is brining the game into disrepute. 18 minutes added time :huh:

We've got Shrewsbury tomorrow evening at home. I expect us to win that. Sam Ricketts is moaning about having to come to Plymouth on a Tuesday night so he's getting his excuses in early. The weather forecast is 40 mph winds, heavy rain so I am sure he'll enjoy his trip to the South West.

Nightmare results for both Fatsam and myself tonight.  :(  Ours was entirely predictable since something similar happened v Torquay (relegated) last season and our best performances seem to always be against the higher placed sides (recent defeat at Salford excepted).   I took refuge against the wind amongst the handful of Braintree fans for the second half and their goals were lovely to behold from behind that goal - nothing lucky or scrappy, really crisp efforts on the break each time. They also missed a first half penalty.  I ended up laughing and applauding them.  

4 more home matches to endure this season, and two of those are v sides in the relegation zone.    Maybe the visit of Gateshead Saturday will reverse this poor spell.

21 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Nightmare results for both Fatsam and myself tonight.  :(  

Yeah diabolical one for us last night losing 3-1 to barrow

Been in Budapest this week and didn't follow it closely, but Pearson was out on top of  Walker. The two most important players in our side. Brad Walker may not play for us again this season and is back at shrewsbury at the moment. Still shit though.

Please don't collapse like at the end of last season Wrexham. 

Attended an interesting Q&A session with the Chairman, Paul Doswell ("Doz") and Ian Baird ("Bairdy") on Monday.  As I had surmised, the club is rattling the can to try to drum up sufficient funds to remain competitive at this level AND retain their independence.  The problem seems to be less great than I feared because they argued they spent a seriously large sum on maintenance in the year I was looking at, financed from the FA cup receipts.  Anyway £150k pa is sought via a new syndicate lottery scheme, a share offering and hikes in season tickets & gate admission for adults, but with reductions for under 10s now (free) and 11-18 (£30). Seems a sound strategy.  

The other major news was that Doswell is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons and the team will be under "Bairdy's" management for the rest of the season (for some reason I didn't make the connection with the former Leeds player).  It seems to have been a stressful season for the two, although all agreed we are actually punching above our weight.  Neither Doswell nor Baird receive a salary.  Doswell said he had invested millions over his 11 year involvement but owns no shares.  He said he would ideally like a squad of 24 players on "a grand a week" but had a wages budget of £0.7m.  I think this is for a 44 week year, so that is more like an average £700 pw, although he mentioned some younger players are on the like of £350 pw.  Regardless, it is clearly somewhat less than the new boys in the National League.  The team very rarely stays overnight.

Transfer targets this summer include an old fashioned centre half and younger defenders.  One of the keepers will go (I thought they already had but they were only on loan).  No-one could explain why we regularly (3 seasons in a row) lose to a relegated team late in the season on a Tuesday night!.

It was an interesting and well attended session and most of the questioners were known to the panel.

On a practical note, if Leyton are chasing promotion when they visit they are likely to be given half the ground 

Well we just about beat a poor Bradford at the weekend. We actually played pretty well in fairness, especially given the gusty conditions, but as usual just couldn't score.

They looked poor, well actually they obviously have ability but they looked like they couldn't be bothered. I think until the 90th minute they hadn't really had a clear attempt against us.

In the 90th they broke and I we were matched for numbers at the back, I could foresee the classic break at the end of the game that's undone us so many times this season, but as the ball went across the box their player (who has obviously been taking finishing lessons from us) somehow manages to miss from about 5 yards out. Our goalie then quickly takes the goal kick, a couple of passes later it's in their box, Whyte shoots but it's blocked and spoons into the air, but Mackie takes a couple of touches then smashes a volley from an angle past the keeper - cue everyone going absolutely beserk. That wasn't the end of it though, the ref runs over to his lino (in our half) and they have a little chat, it looks like he's cancelled the goal and is pointing to our area! Bradford think they've got a pen (it was actually that he was signalling to retake the goalkick), but then he saunters over to his lino on the other side and the fourth official and after about 5 minutes changes his mind. Of course in this time it's absolute mayhem and all players are crowding round the ref, pushing each other, managers trying to break it up, I've never seen anything like it. Finally he signals to kick off again but Bradford aren't happy and won't return the ball, Nelson is signalling for VAR (not sure why he thinks we have that haha!) .. absolute scenes. In the end it stood but it was a dramatic end to things.

Turns out afterwards that the lino thought the goalkick was illegal because their players were still in our box. The rule states effectively though, they need to clear to the box to protect the team taking the goalkick so they don't gain an unfair advantage. SO I guess it comes down to the interpretation of the rule versus it's absolute wording - yes they were in the box, but as the rule is to stop them gaining an advantage what advantage is their to us by having our goal cancelled out? Anyway, it could have all easily been avoided if the lino just flagged immediately rather than waiting for us to break and score, then bringing it up.

Ridiculously tight at the bottom in League 1 still .. I genuinely have no idea if we'll survive, another stressful end to the season.

Edit: The whole season has been stressful thinking about it!

21 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Attended an interesting Q&A session with the Chairman, Paul Doswell ("Doz") and Ian Baird ("Bairdy") on Monday.  As I had surmised, the club is rattling the can to try to drum up sufficient funds to remain competitive at this level AND retain their independence.  The problem seems to be less great than I feared because they argued they spent a seriously large sum on maintenance in the year I was looking at, financed from the FA cup receipts.  Anyway £150k pa is sought via a new syndicate lottery scheme, a share offering and hikes in season tickets & gate admission for adults, but with reductions for under 10s now (free) and 11-18 (£30). Seems a sound strategy.  

The other major news was that Doswell is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons and the team will be under "Bairdy's" management for the rest of the season (for some reason I didn't make the connection with the former Leeds player).  It seems to have been a stressful season for the two, although all agreed we are actually punching above our weight.  Neither Doswell nor Baird receive a salary.  Doswell said he had invested millions over his 11 year involvement but owns no shares.  He said he would ideally like a squad of 24 players on "a grand a week" but had a wages budget of £0.7m.  I think this is for a 44 week year, so that is more like an average £700 pw, although he mentioned some younger players are on the like of £350 pw.  Regardless, it is clearly somewhat less than the new boys in the National League.  The team very rarely stays overnight.

Transfer targets this summer include an old fashioned centre half and younger defenders.  One of the keepers will go (I thought they already had but they were only on loan).  No-one could explain why we regularly (3 seasons in a row) lose to a relegated team late in the season on a Tuesday night!.

It was an interesting and well attended session and most of the questioners were known to the panel.

On a practical note, if Leyton are chasing promotion when they visit they are likely to be given half the ground 

It's refreshing that your club is so upfront about things, part of the reason there's some bad feeling around the club at the moment is they haven't been transparent (although have made some small steps to try to address this) and when you're served with multiple winding up petitions from HMRC obviously questions are going to be asked about the state the club is in.

I think they did attempt a fan's forum type thing earlier in the season, but it the past that has often brought out the tin hat brigade which means it's not always a useful exercise. Plus as mentioned above the club were giving sort of nebulous non-answers to most questions.

52 minutes ago, Chawkso said:

It's refreshing that your club is so upfront about things, part of the reason there's some bad feeling around the club at the moment is they haven't been transparent (although have made some small steps to try to address this) and when you're served with multiple winding up petitions from HMRC obviously questions are going to be asked about the state the club is in.

Yes.  I don't really do much or read much about SUFC, other than going to home matches, so it was quite an eye opener in how open, frank and familiar the panel were with the supporters.    We are a community club and hopefully will continue that way, albeit we probably have to set our ambition on the pitch to survival in National League and a trip to Wembley in the FAT.  A thumping 4-2 win from 0-2 down on the Saturday beforehand undoubtedly helped the mood!  

I'm sure we've all played Football Manager at some point, but when you hear about the issues with injuries (2 ACLs, 3 youth players promoted to the 1st team out for the rest of the season, one lad with his 3rd concussion who won't play again this season), problems players have off the pitch, run-ins with the FA (presumably for contesting ridiculous decisions), all whilst trying to juggle the cash you can begin to understand what it is like IRL.

It's one of those things - as football supporters we may all gripe and whine at times through the season, but there are always many clubs worse off.  

I know we have a few Plymouth fans in here so can anyone advise where I might be best going for a drink tomorrow from the train station?

Someone has suggested going to the ground via Central Park for views of the stadium - worth it?

Thanks guys.

9 hours ago, Richard said:

I know we have a few Plymouth fans in here so can anyone advise where I might be best going for a drink tomorrow from the train station?

Someone has suggested going to the ground via Central Park for views of the stadium - worth it?

Thanks guys.

Hello mate, I am the only Plymouth Argyle fan here.  There is one pub on the way to the ground from the train station. It's a Wetherspoons opposite the ground called The Brittainia. It gets  rammed pre-match though.  

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/devon/the-britannia-inn-plymouth

In all honesty, I wouldn't go anywhere near the ground for a drink - there's a pub called The Cherry Tree near to the ground but I'd avoid there as it's an Argyle pub. Best to get yourself down to The Barbican area and get a taxi from there to the ground. There is always a bit of trouble when Rovers or City visit so I'd avoid bars around the ground.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/plymouth+barbican/@50.3662973,-4.1520728,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

RE: views of the stadium - our grandstand is being renovated so there isn't much to see beyond a building site.

Are you staying overnight or getting the train back later today?

I was on a course this week with a Rovers fan who wasn't happy he couldn't get a ticket - he stayed two nights down here so I took him out on the Tuesday to show him the sights and he loved the seafront. Better than being stuck in a hotel with views of a roundabout. He thinks it'll be a draw. A draw might suit us both.

_106098632_leagueonebottomhalfgfx.jpg

Looking at the remaining fixtures, loads of these teams play each other.

Walsall play Barnsley in the early kick-off today. They play 5 of their last 7 games against teams at the bottom after that. Wimbledon also have a load of games against teams near them in the table.  We've got to play Portsmouth, Barnsley and Charlton at home still so we certainly aren't safe by any means. A win today though would make this table look a lot less stressful. 

Wycombe v Walsall
Accrington v Walsall
Shrewsbury v Walsall
Walsall v Oxford Utd
Walsall v Southend

Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers
Wimbledon v Wycombe
Wimbledon v Accrington
Wimbledon v Gillingham
Oxford Utd v Wimbledon
Bradford v Wimbledon

Rochdale v Wycombe
Rochdale v Scunthorpe
Rochdale v Southend

Bristol Rovers v Bradford
Bradford v Gillingham

That table is fucking nuts.

Wrexham vs Maidstone was not exactly the best game of football ever last Saturday, but we won.. They were shit and we were a bit ropy at times. A goal from Tollitt on his last appearance for us as his loan ends. He'll me missed.

Two interesting signings this week though as replacements. Anthony Spyrou is a young forward from Norwich who has been doing well and scoring in the Premier League 2 whatever that is. Principally signed for the Spyrou the Dragon headlines, but hopefully he can do as well as Pyke (Huddersfield loan)did earlier this season. Loans from high up do have tendency to be misses rather than hits.  Perhaps a more predictably decent singing is a midfielder called  Kemy Augutien, who was amazing in 10 games for Barrow this season according to their fans. He sits deep and passes the ball, which is what we miss with Walker and Summerfield out injured. I believe he'll be the first Curacaoan international to ever play for us.

Not the easiest of games for us away at Hartlepool today, although they are one of the few sides in our league without relegation worries or promotion hopes so hopefully they won't be arsed.

Leyton looking good for a league and cup double if they keep their squad fit.

We've now got something of an injury crisis in defence (after the earlier season striker shortage) with 2 outfield defenders on the pitch for most of the 0-3 at Chesterfield.  

I was a bit pissed off today. We had three centre halves on already and brought another on to secure the three points. This obviously didn't happen. We do this every home game. Without fail. We deserved the three points on the balance of play. Rovers defended well throughout. The goal to equalise at 1-1 from Rovers was very good. Worth watching. I love a 25 yard strike where the goalie doesn't move but it was against the run of play and it happened immediately after we were denied a corner - even though the ball was a good two yards over the line. That happens a lot in football though and we didn't defend.

First half, I felt we dominated but right at the end of the first half, our keeper Matt Macey denied Tom Nicholls a certain goal - Nicholls really should have made it 0-1.  Second half was more even and the first ten minutes was end to end and finally, the game got going and the atmosphere in the ground suddenly emerged.

2-2 is probably OK for both sides at this stage. Both of us moved a point further ahead from the relegation zone and both of us could have won or lost yesterday - a point seems suitable.

Apparently there was a bit of trouble after the game - why does this always happen when Rovers visit? I just don't get it at all. It isn't a local derby but it seems that all the local knuckle draggers appear when Rovers visit. 

Our manager and Graham Coughlin exchanged words in the tunnel after the game - my money would be on Cocko. I think Derek Adams was a bit annoyed that we applauded Coughlin before and after the game. 

It's certainly looking good for Leyton Orient now, although I do see them dropping a few points from their games. Reports suggest our two new additions were alright against Hartlepool, but giving away a shit penalty when we always struggle to come back from behind away from home wasn't ideal.

I thought Brian Hughes got the combination of front players wrong when I saw the team sheet to be honest. 

He gambled and completely changed our formation against Barrow 3 games ago and we were apparently awful.

Undoubtedly a great start for him, but having a new manager working things out and making mistakes is probably not helping our promotion aspirations at the moment.

2-0 up away at Blackpool with 10 minutes left and we conspired (once again) to lose a lead and end up with a point. I'd have been happy with that pre-kick-off but if we'd have held on, we'd have pretty much been safe from relegation today. We dropped two points against Bristol Rovers last weekend when we were ahead. Charlton at home next weekend is a tough game and we've still got to play Doncaster and Barnsley too so we aren't safe but a lot of the bottom sides play each other and we have Accrington and Scunthorpe to play. A bit of a shit season though; hopefully, we won't start next season by losing most of our first 20 games.

Wrexham are falling apart - a real shame as I had hopes they'd be a league club next season. 

We won the Mickey Mouse cup! Now, I'm hardly a big fan of the Checkatrade trophy and have said so in this thread before but today's game was a well fought one. Decent football played by both sides. Sunderland totally dominated the first half and deserved to be in front. Then things turned around in the second half and extra time and I think we deserved to win in the end, even if it was on penalties.

Kenny Jackett looks like he's pretending to enjoy himself in the picture!

image.thumb.png.138142be84af9f2c97699159deaeddae.png

Not really a surprise that we lost again away at Ebbsfleet on Saturday. At the moment it's looking like an end of season collapse of remarkable similarity to 2017-2018. Too many draws under Barrow at the start of the year severely affected our title hopes, but now a couple of player lost and  a new manager finding his feet at a crucial time of the season makes playoff promotion feel highly unlikely. Three managers in a season ultimately taking its toll. Still time to turn shit around and I think our strongest 11 is definitely capable enough, but promotion feels highly unlikely.  A great chance to get some more points when we play relegated Braintree at home next though.

A first home defeat in 9 games for us yesterday against Charlton.  We lost 0-2 but it was a cruel defeat.  The first 40 minutes, we totally dominated the game and neither Lyle Taylor or Igor Vetokele had a touch up front for Charlton (Taylor though scored just before half time).  We looked like a side pushing for promotion in the first 40 minutes and without a man of the match display from the Charlton keeper and a lot of leniency from the ref, we could have been in a comfortable position going into the break against at least 10 men (both their centre halves were booked within 20 minutes and at least one of them should have walked and one of their midfielders went in, studs up on jamie ness and could easily have seen red). Our pressure resulted in a penalty that was saved and the resultant corner saw us miss an absolute sitter - Charlton cleared and went down the other end and scored through a Lyle Taylor header - cue the pantomime villain routine from Taylor (he did it last year too), whipping up the home crowd with his celebration; he should have been booked for it but in all honesty, the fans should just pay him no attention.

Charlton scored again after the break and it completely knocked the stuffing out of us (fans and the players).

Credit to the Charlton fans, they sang throughout the game and, on balance, they did win 2-0 but they were poor.  The stats don't lie.  6 shots on target out of 16 from us, 3 shots on target for them and they committed 19 fouls to our 7 picking up 5 yellows including all of their back four in the first half. There were a lot of them in the social club afterwards and the guys on the table next to us were a lovely bunch of lads.  They're hopeful of promotion but aren't looking forward to a season in the Championship given the financial differences.

Oxford are safe - quite a turnaround @Chawkso

Portsmouth get a win in the league @Coltrane and with that game in hand, could go above Barnsley.  We've got Barnsley at home to come and they lost yesterday at Burton so I think that could be an upset - we drew at Oakwell early in the season. Rochdale were beating Sunderland but the inevitable happened and Sunderland turned it around. Luton look pretty much destined to go up. They could end up with 102 points :blink:

Looking at the bottom, anyone from 13th down could be relegated and it's between Sunderland, Portsmouth and Barnsley for that automatic place (I think Luton are secure now).  That final game of the season is going to interesting.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Portsmouth get a win in the league @Coltrane and with that game in hand, could go above Barnsley.  We've got Barnsley at home to come and they lost yesterday at Burton so I think that could be an upset - we drew at Oakwell early in the season. Rochdale were beating Sunderland but the inevitable happened and Sunderland turned it around. Luton look pretty much destined to go up. They could end up with 102 points :blink:

Looking at the bottom, anyone from 13th down could be relegated and it's between Sunderland, Portsmouth and Barnsley for that automatic place (I think Luton are secure now).  That final game of the season is going to interesting.

Yeah it's getting interesting at the top now. I would say that Sunderland are probably favourites for that second spot as they've got the games in hand over Barnsley. Barnsley are starting to wobble and I think it could be Pompey and Sunderland for the second spot but we're outsiders as we've got points to make up. I think all three teams will drop points though. It's inevitable. Going to be a very interesting finish though, like you say. We've put ourselves back into the mix by winning 4 in a row in the league. Just a shame we had that spell a couple of months ago where we didn't win in 8 games as it probably cost us automatic promotion.

Good win yesterday. Brett Pitman scored two - one of which was a blinding free kick from 25 yards. Thankfully KJ's seen the light and is playing him more regularly now. He'll always get goals for us as his instinct around the box is so good. Plus he's been in this position with Bournemouth and we need players with experience in the team who can hold their nerve and do a job for us.

Good luck to everyone and..do us a favour and beat Barnsley will you @neoELITE. Thanks!

6 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Oxford are safe - quite a turnaround @Chawkso

Yes pretty crazy given where we were in January. It's not been entirely comfortable and fine margins have meant we picked up 3 points where it looked like we'd get one (two injury time winners in the last two home games). I'm happy we haven't gone down to the last game at Luton to have to get something as that would have probably been beyond us. That said, we look like a much stronger proposition now than I think at any point during the season and I feel like we can still win a game if we go behind which I wouldn't have said earlier in the year. Our January signings really have made the difference and kept us up. Kashi especially has added a different dimension to our midfield, when we signed him and I read he'd played for Robinson at Charlton it immediately had me suspicious that it was a "job for a mate" type signing, but he's been great. Can read a game well, always seems to pop up in the right place, and can distribute the ball quickly and accurately. I think Mousinho is a great personality but since replacing him with KAshi we've looked far more dynamic and fluid. Another striker, and another option on the wing mean we now have players on the bench who can actually change a game - quite a luxury given the rest of the season.

Off the pitch things are still a bit of a mess, we've been issued with our 5th winding up petition in just over a year and the staff didn't get paid on time in March. Our landlord (who has always been an arsehole to be fair) has fallen out big time with the chairman and we're no closer to finding a solution to our current ground situation (without going into too much boring detail, we don't own our ground, some genius signed a contract to seperate the club from the ground a while back so we're tenants in a crap unfinished stadium, but we can't change it and don't get any matchday revenue beyond ticket sales from it).

Assuming we're still financially solvent, I'll likely be back in this thread next season by the looks of it - @neoELITE I think you're playing too well at the moment to get dragged into the relegation scrap given some of the teams I've watched recently near the bottom. Reckon you'll be fine.

I'm guessing @Coltrane will be graduating into the Championship thread next season ;)

Will be nice to watch the remaining games without so much pressure, it's been a season to forget for the most part. Who would have thought I'd be praying for mid table obscurity!