rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Charlie’s Angels

They're bringing back Charlie's Angels again. Again.

The new Angels are Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska. Elizabeth Banks is directing and also playing Bosley. She also co-wrote it with Jay Basu.

They don't say it explicitly, but it sounds like it may be a continuation of sorts of the other movies, focusing on a different team, of which there are now apparently several worldwide.

Now Patrick Stewart is Bosley. This doesn't mean Elizabeth Banks is out of the role. Maybe Pat is her dad or something.

Or Bosley is a codename for the team's handlers?

I couldn't make sense of any of that.  I felt a total disconnection with the trailer, I can't put my finger on it.  Every frame genuinely jarred.

And before you think I'm all incel and shit, I actually thought the lady Ghostbusters was pretty good and thought the ones from the 2000s were also OK.

• Upvote 1

Agree that was edited in a weird way. I didn’t really know who all the three Angels were until the very end. I think maybe because there’s a lot of wigs and the quick cutting makes it look like different women at first glance. Had to watch it a second time to figure it out.

Looks like a trailer for a glossy TV show, rather than a film.

Suppose the finished feature lives and dies by its tone. Could be throwaway fun, certainly not expecting too much more from a soft reboot of a film of a TV adaptation known for cleavage and big hair.

Yeah, I have a soft spot for the first Charlie’s Angels film. I remember there’s a twist in it that I didn’t see coming at the time.

Twist spoiler...

Spoiler

Where you find out who the real bad guy is.