Games with Gold for August 2018 - Forza Horizon 2 / For Honor / Dead Space 3

Mr Do 71

Just now, multiclunk said:

Is Sead Space 3 a good one? Played 1 but not 2, would I be missing out going from 1 straight to 3?

Dead Space 3 isn't bad. But it's not a Dead Space game. It's far more action oriented than the first. The first was the best, 2 was good and 3 is decidedly average.

Horizon 2!!! Fucking YES.

Oh did anyone have trouble getting Splinter Cell to download?

I loved DS1 and 2. I geared 3 was ass to the point of it tainting the good ones. I'll give it a try though.

The structure of Forza Horizon 2 drags after a while - it feels like there's an infinite number of events, which always frustrates me a bit. I like a game to stop and leave me wanting more every so often, rather than stop when I get bored of it. But it's a great game nonetheless. It nails the that hazy, sticky summer vibe of southern France and northern Italy perfectly, and bombing along a through the Italian countryside in a VW Scirocco listening to Todd Terje is about as good as driving games get.

Horizon 2 is the one with the nobba from Grange Hill and the um-tis-um-tis TECHNO PARTY ALL THE TIME WOO thing going on, right? The racing was fun, but that whole presentation was wack.

I really enjoyed driving down all the roads and colouring them in on my GPS.

Looking forward to For Honour.

29 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Horizon 2 is the one with the nobba from Grange Hill and the um-tis-um-tis TECHNO PARTY ALL THE TIME WOO thing going on, right? The racing was fun, but that whole presentation was wack.

Mate. C'mon, mate.  What's your problem with Sean Maguire, mate? Ben Mate. Mate.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Mate. C'mon, mate.  What's your problem with Sean Maguire, mate? Ben Mate. Mate.

:lol: 

I absolutely creased up when he appeared in the game. 

Still, it’s loads of silly fun and one of the races is a lovely homage to OutRun. 

Never figured out out how to save my car though and lost a pimped to hell muscle car :( 

2 hours ago, K said:

The structure of Forza Horizon 2 drags after a while - it feels like there's an infinite number of events, which always frustrates me a bit. I like a game to stop and leave me wanting more every so often, rather than stop when I get bored of it. But it's a great game nonetheless.

That describes every racing game I’ve played since PGR1 to be honest, except for Mario Kart 8. 

The original Forza Horizon is still the best one, the later releases where you can go cross country have taken some of the fun out of throwing the cars down narrow roads. FH2 mission structure isn't great but I thought it was more interesting that FH3.