IGNORED

Antstream - It's Netflix for Games!

jon_cybernet

17 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Yeah not Anstreams fault but there's very little chance of original authors getting compensated for this service.  

If they have retained the rights to their games they will (Minter, as mentioned by another poster, will, for example, as we've licensed his games directly from him.)

58 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

They don’t seem to be doing a very good job at the moment!

Well, of course you're welcome to your opinion on that. I'm not going to bad mouth my colleagues on here. They are doing their best to do a difficult job, due to the fact they have been quite tightly restricted on what they can say, up until now, due to a number of deals we've been working on. 

Those are all nicely wrapped up now, hence we can announce the Kickstarter and the launch. 

On 05/04/2019 at 03:53, ZOK said:

Are people missing the point that most normal people don’t want to fuck about with emulators or roms?

That seems to be a point people are missing.

This. It's why iTunes and then spotify et al pretty much killed music piracy. (Mind you they still need to sort out fair ways of paying content creators so it's not all perfect!)

So I got an email about the Kickstarter and it has a lot more information. 

£28 tier gets you six months access. Various other tries give longer terms and/or discounted subscription for life. 

I am still really curious about this - definitely going to try it out at what looks like £5 a month. 

The communication has been god awful though. 

The price is good as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to be signing up to the kickstarter for either the one year or two year deal. The idea of fully funded projects using kickstarter is something I'm used to as my other major hobby, boardgaming, has many of the larger companies using Kickstarter to promote new games, create some buzz and get a good community behind a game early on.

I can see why Antstream want to do it, it should mean the system gets off to a flying start with a decent userbase from day one. Looking forward to playing some titles on my xbox and tablet. I hope Switch is going to be there somewhere down the line. 

We are officially live on Kickstarter, if anyone fancies chucking us a few quid for early access, cheap subscriptions, founder status or a bunch of other benefits!

If you've developed your own game for a retro platform we also have a tier that lets you publish it through our platform (at take a share of the profits it makes, of course). 

Just in case people don't know, you can click the little K in the corner of the video to get to the Kickstarter page.

Good luck to all involved with this.  It looks fun, but ultimately looks like something I'd want to try before subscribing.  I don't really have time to play the new games I have, let alone all of the old games I have (or have had).

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

We are officially live on Kickstarter, if anyone fancies chucking us a few quid for early access, cheap subscriptions, founder status or a bunch of other benefits!

If you've developed your own game for a retro platform we also have a tier that lets you publish it through our platform (at take a share of the profits it makes, of course). 

Pledge £395 or more

Homebrewer

If you made a game that runs on an old console, this reward was designed for you. We will sign you up with a distribution contract and add your game to the Antstream service. 
You will get revenue from your game with our standard terms.

What's the revenue split for a dev wanting to add their game to your service?

22 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

I'm interested in backing this. Are there any plans to release this in Asia?(Residing in Japan) Only Europe and USA announced in the KS.

Thanks.

Yes, we're planning on taking it worldwide, although as you say, we will launch Europe and USA first.