rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Batwoman - joining CW's Arrowverse

Dougray Scott is in as Jacob Kane, Kate Kane's father and commander of a private security firm, The Crows. He doesn't like Batman and wants to protect Gotham better than he could.

They've confirmed that Batwoman will be part of the Crisis on Infinite Earths event, so that's 5 shows worth of crossover.

But unlike the previous ones, it won't be all in a week. They've said it will be "across two quarters" which is being interpreted to mean it will be split across the Christmas break, probably with a cliffhanger to take us across Christmas. The probable timing also means that Crisis may also be the end of the shortened Arrow final season, serving as an end to that show.

Ruby Rose had a stunt injury that almost left her paralysed. Though nobody seems to be saying if it was for this show or something else. She had herniated two discs which were close to severing her spinal cord.

She even posted some video of the surgery. Graphic content, obv.

Spoiler

Pilot aired last night 

It’s ridiculously on the nose and heavy handed with loads of exposition

Shows potential though!

Watching it now and so far I'm enjoying Ruby Roses performance a lot more than in the crossover. 

Also lol at Dougray Scott being in this. Remember when he had to turn down Wolverine for Mission Impossible 2? I  hope he fired his agent. 

I thought Arrow already was finished?

When is the Flash coming back btw? It's usually been well under way in the run up to all the seasonal holidays.

Arrows final season starts soon. Its a shorter season leading up to Crisis. 

Flash started last night. Hopefully Iris dies in the first episode. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MDY said:

Unfortunately this seems to be the latest target of the idiots who like to review bomb anything in pop culture not targeted at straight white males..

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-review-bombed-on-rotten-tomatoes/

Or they just hated it because it was fucking awful. I’ll give the next episode a chance but the pilot should have been burned.

• Downvote 1

Batwoman has 3254 user reviews. Lets compare. The Walking Dead is pretty popular. How many user reviews does that have? Oh, 124. America Horror Story has 316. The Flash season 6 only has 28.

Yeah, that Batwoman score is completely normal and nothing to do with fact shes an openly lesbian superhero.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I feel like I'm at least locked in till Crisis on Infinite Earths. Then once I've seen ma boy Welling suit up I may bow out for a bit and catch up once the seasons done. 

2nd episode was better - still not all out amazement by any stretch but comfortable CW fare. 

I loved how they had Alices DNA and no one wanted to test. Beth or not still learn stuff about her FFS.

Also while cults/religion of crime might be too much for TV I’m worried their making Kate ‘Batman but a woman’ rather than leaning into the more distinctive elements of BW.

I haven't watched the eps yet (partly because I fear it will break my heart as going on past experience Ruby Rose is up there with Rhonda Rousey in the 'can't act for shit' stakes, both of them make Gina Carano look like Meryl Streep in comparison). However, I'd prefer they don't go in too heavy on the Religion of Crime/supernatural stuff, it was always the worst part of her stories. Just have Kate doing cool Bat stuff and good times hanging out with Renee and Maggie.

5 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

I haven't watched the eps yet (partly because I fear it will break my heart as going on past experience Ruby Rose is up there with Rhonda Rousey in the 'can't act for shit' stakes, both of them make Gina Carano look like Meryl Streep in comparison). However, I'd prefer they don't go in too heavy on the Religion of Crime/supernatural stuff, it was always the worst part of her stories. Just have Kate doing cool Bat stuff and good times hanging out with Renee and Maggie.

You'd be ok with this then.

Ruby Rose is a quite wooden in the pilot - struggling with a "hardened" character and coming across as granite. (Plus there's a couple of clunky lines that NO ONE could sell).

She's better in the 2nd episode and certainly not a train wreck.

Ep 3 continues to be solid B grade CW fluff.

The two sisters continue to be best bits (loved the shade being thrown at Sophie) but Rose is still doing better than expected. 

Hush is a pretty poor villain in general in comics (despite being in big stories)/ but separated from Batman/Bruce and this specific version was particularly poor

17 hours ago, Hexx said:

Hush is a pretty poor villain in general in comics (despite being in big stories)/ but separated from Batman/Bruce and this specific version was particularly poor

Reality has ruined poorly written characters.. a few years ago people would find it much harder to buy someone that petty, insecure and generally pathetic rising to that extreme level of success and wealth.