rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Batwoman - joining CW's Arrowverse

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Batwoman is coming to the "Arrowverse". It's not certain of being its own show yet, but they are casting the character for a crossover event in December with a view to spinning her out to her own show. It's being developed by Greg Berlanti, of all the other shows, and Caroline Dries, of The Vampire Diaries.

Wonder if Blake Neely (musician who does the shows) is sitting in the corner rocking back and forth going "noooo not another one"...

• Upvote 1

Batgirl's lover :wub: 

Nah she's just someone who looked at Batman and was all like 'yeah that's the life for me, get me a gimp suit and a wig!' The original appearances of this version of Batwoman (there's another one from the 60s) and subsequent series were great. The more recent comics are a bit shit, too much Bat-family stuff.

• Upvote 1

I'm so out of the loop with the Arrowverse these days. What's in it currently. I think I watched:

Arrow S1-4

Flash S1 and 2

Legends of Tomorrow S1

Supergirl S1 

How much have i missed? 

3 hours ago, Naieve said:

Batgirl's lover :wub: 

Nah she's just someone who looked at Batman and was all like 'yeah that's the life for me, get me a gimp suit and a wig!' The original appearances of this version of Batwoman (there's another one from the 60s) and subsequent series were great. The more recent comics are a bit shit, too much Bat-family stuff.

If anyone is interested.. Detective Comics 854-863 (Greg Rucka, collected as Batwoman: Elegy) & the first 24 issues of her own book.. (Williams and Blackman, collected as Batwoman: Vol 1-4) are very good.. Williams' artwork and page layouts are just stunning :wub:

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

I'm so out of the loop with the Arrowverse these days. What's in it currently. I think I watched:

Arrow S1-4

Flash S1 and 2

Legends of Tomorrow S1

Supergirl S1 

How much have i missed? 

You're 2 seasons behind on all of them..

Arrow starts season 7 in October.. Season 5 was loads better than the previous 2, but 6 fell back into being only OK..

Flash season 3 & 4 have been pretty poor sadly.. I've given up on it.. :(

Legends has improved immensely following the dodgy first year - both seasons since have embraced the silliness of it's premise and have just been a great mix of utter madness and fun!

Supergirl had a better second year and an OK-ish third..

• Upvote 1

You really think that about Supergirl? The first series was fantastic! The second was pretty embarrassing, and the third... good god why did I watch it to the end.

27 minutes ago, Darwock said:

You really think that about Supergirl? The first series was fantastic! The second was pretty embarrassing, and the third... good god why did I watch it to the end.

Hmm.. I remembered quite liking S2 at the time, but looking back at the ep list just now.. there were certainly way more poor episodes than I thought.. <_<

Perhaps it was the strong start.. ..getting a few episodes with

Spoiler

Superman and the addition of Mon-El..

..after that though..

Spoiler

M'Gann wasn't done justice at all and Guardian has always just seemed to be something to give Jimmy ~something~ to do..

I really liked S1 - 3 of Flash, 4 was guff though. Legends 1 was really good i loved 2 but 3 didnt do it for me as much.

I got bored of Arrow about 3 or 4 and Supergirl didnt do anytho g for me at all.

I thought S4 of The Flash was great! The Thinker was much more interesting and complex than previous baddies, plus you have a great Plastic Elongated Man

It had its moments i like Devoe and it was good to be non-speedster villainy. Katee Sackoff was good but something was missing for me compared to the earlier seasons. 

Is there a good website to cover/discuss these and similar shows? I used to go to Den Of geek or collider but the site are awful to use.

7 hours ago, MDY said:

If anyone is interested.. Detective Comics 854-863 (Greg Rucka, collected as Batwoman: Elegy) & the first 24 issues of her own book.. (Williams and Blackman, collected as Batwoman: Vol 1-4) are very good.. Williams' artwork and page layouts are just stunning :wub:

You're 2 seasons behind on all of them..

Arrow starts season 7 in October.. Season 5 was loads better than the previous 2, but 6 fell back into being only OK..

Flash season 3 & 4 have been pretty poor sadly.. I've given up on it.. :(

Legends has improved immensely following the dodgy first year - both seasons since have embraced the silliness of it's premise and have just been a great mix of utter madness and fun!

Supergirl had a better second year and an OK-ish third..

Cheers, might try catch up as I always enjoyed them but then fell behind. Not sure how to catch up though in events of crossovers etc. 

Is Black Lightning connected at all, saw that on Netflix and wasn't sure. 

As above Arrow S5 was pretty strong, but 6 fell back somewhat. (It's hard to explain why without spoiling stuff). No where near the lows of 3 or parts of 4 though.

Legends S2 was great fun. S3 too - but it became a little bit too aware/winky of what it was doing.Best finale ever though. Massive change from S1.

Flash has been terrible since S1 and Barry is ridiculously unlikeable now.

Supergirl...is tricky. Because there's some great highs (well...in S2) but some horrid lows. It's also lost a bit of it's message since S1. It's given us the best live action Superman in years though :P. S3 was generally bobbins and didn't really have much to redeem it. It was mediocre throughout and then god that last few episodes swerved badly.

A teaser for the big crossover, teasing Batwoman. No new footage, just bits of old episodes. But it seems Black Lightning is officially part of it all now, joining the crossover.

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-cast-cw-tv-show/

The CW reveals Ruby Rose will play Kate Kane aka. Batwoman in the Arrowverse; she'll first be introduced in this winter's crossover event. The network has been expanding its lineup of superhero shows ever since Arrow launched The Flash as a spinoff series. Since then, the roster has grown to include Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl, with all four shows taking place in the same multiverse. Further, Black Lightning joined the network, but that series' exact connection to the other shows has not yet been confirmed.

First Thought: You sure you haven't posted a promo from Strictly Come Dancing movie week by mistake?

Second Thought: You'd think they could have found a belt that fits.