rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nick R

Marvel's Black Widow solo movie

They’ve put it in the May slot, which is usually a sign of confidence, though arguably they don’t have any other big tent pole films for this phase like an Avengers movie.  Apparently Taskmaster will be the main protagonist, though nothing’s been shown of him or even disclosed who’s playing him.  There’s an actor who I’ve not heard before who’s listed as playing someone from Romanovs past and a former love interest who seems most likely to out of the more prominently billed actors, if they change the origin of him to have done reveal or something to try and do a twist.  Also been confirmed it follows on from The Winter Soldier, which I think is smart as that film forces Nat to start looking at who she is, so as a film to go into her character, it makes sense.

I'm glad we're getting this but it's about 6 years too late. They should have trusted her character more and banged this in Phase 2 after her 2 appearances in IM2 and Avengers.

I'll deffo go see it and happy she's getting a film but I feel that coming after Endgame ruins that moment a little (even if this is a prequel).

Does that make sense?

• Upvote 3

Why does Taskmaster have shades on?.

I mean they ruined Cross Bones's design and now this doesn't look great. Doom with shades, wearing some knock off iron man suit

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Why does Taskmaster have shades on?.

I mean they ruined Cross Bones's design and now this doesn't look great. Doom with shades, wearing some knock off iron man suit

I don't particularly like it either but I'm not sure they could just have someone in a skull mask. Why they didn't lean more towards the udon mask, though...

Looking at the characters involved, I'll hazard a guess at why Taskmaster looks as he does. Possibly spoilers for the film, just guesswork based on comics etc.

Spoiler

The characters include Milena Vostakoff. In the comics shes a Russian assassin who wears a lightweight exoskeleton armour. They've also got Alexei Shostakov, the Red Guardian, the Soviet Cap basically who in the comics has history with Natasha.

They're going to have Alexei in the suit (or heavily imply its him in it) my guess being that he was part of the Black Widow training regime which would explain Taskmaster being able to counteract Natasha's moves like the comics), when at the end Milena will wear it. I'd lean towards Taskmaster being both of them. Hence the mask completely hiding the face. I'd also guess Alexei switches sides to help Natasha as they have a relationship (can't remember if it's father daughter or former partner) after initially fighting her.