IGNORED

Dead Cells - DLC 3: The Queen and the Sea out now!

Cyhwuhx

The frame issues on Switch don't feel like traditional frame drops to me, it isn't consistent enough. It's weird. I'm wondering if there's an issue aside from the hardware simply not being as powerful.

Hopefully they can iron out the issues but it really doesn't hurt the game at all, the stop start nature of it feels ideal for the switch and sleep mode etc.

Got to the clock tower boss again and managed it this time, though I'm not going to pretend that it didn't devolve into just mashing all the buttons at the end :lol:. I had 29 health left when he finally went down.

Barely had time to take in any of the next area before I stupidly rushed into an unfamiliar situation and got myself

inflicted with malaise. Should've known the blood on the floor wasn't a good sign!

My two best runs have both been when I set out to speed through the first couple of areas to get to the timed doors. I don't know if that was just down to chance or what, but if it's balanced so that you're not at a disadvantage if you don't rinse every enemy and grab every scroll in a level then that's really good design. The repetition is what eventually soured me on Rogue Legacy but if you can get it down to a minute or two per stage and not be massively underpowered I don't see that being an issue here.

12 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

Any tips for the first main boss? I think it's by the docks or something, after 3/4 levels or so. I can get him down to a quarter health but he just annialates me. 

Just learn the tells for the three attacks, two you can roll, one you jump. Then smash fuck out of him.

Also a trap makes it incredibly easy.

Yeah, I think if you're struggling the best thing to do might be get there and resolve not to use any skills so indecision isn't a factor. Just jump, dodge, attack and treat it as practice rather than pressuring yourself to beat him. Once you've got his attacks down it should feel comfortable enough, especially next time around when you add skills back in.

You need to go to the Ossuary for the ground pound, only just got that and the idol teleport thing last night myself. Think you need the latter to get the former actually.

Personally I find the promenade easier than the sewers but I guess that's down to preference. I often take a lot of daft hits from the sewer enemies that only appear when you walk near them.

44 minutes ago, Rsdio said:
  Hide contents

You need to go to the Ossuary for the ground pound, only just got that and the idol teleport thing last night myself. Think you need the latter to get the former actually.

Personally I find the promenade easier than the sewers but I guess that's down to preference. I often take a lot of daft hits from the sewer enemies that only appear when you walk near them.

I think the easiest route is meant to be the one that you don't need runes to access (except the vine rune midway through the Promenade). But they're also probably the least interesting levels.

I almost feels like I'm not playing this right. Once I get four or so levels in (whichever route) I end up using the traps and grenades for almost every enemy. Is that the intention? They're a lot safer to use than melee so it's hard to justify getting in close when the enemies hit so hard.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I almost feels like I'm not playing this right. Once I get four or so levels in (whichever route) I end up using the traps and grenades for almost every enemy. Is that the intention? They're a lot safer to use than melee so it's hard to justify getting in close when the enemies hit so hard.

You can parry all the way. Tactics is the path of least resistance though (well, so far as I've experienced).

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

I end up doing that too. I generally like to have 2 traps, a projectile weapon that can freeze and some sort of sword. But the longer I go the less I use the latter 2.

In the tougher levels even deploying the traps without getting hit can become quite a challenge though.

Edit: there are clearly other approaches, of course, but probably more viable for particularly proficient players.

I've becoming partial to the Frost spell as of late. Which helps a lot with trigger-happy enemies.

Another thing I've noticed is how much more fluidly I'm starting to play. Whereas initially I had to keep reminding myself there were other buttons besides slashing your blade, now I find myself just gliding hrough the levels in a death-whirl of parkour, traps, blades & arrows. It's just so nice to play. :wub:

Have a weird issue with the PS4 version of the game, every ten or fifteen minutes the game stutters / has a massive framerate issue for a split second. I have the latest patch, This has been ongoing since launch. The console has been rebooted, digital version of the game has been deleted and re-installed with no difference.

Anyone else has this problem:

It's like that on PC as well. At first I thought it was the little hitches you often get with Nvidia's 'fast' vsync but it's the same with normal vsync either through the game or the control panel.

Just got to the final boss for the first time but I've had it sat on pause for the last half an hour because my Sainsbuy's delivery is due and the last thing you want is some fucker knocking at the door in the middle of a boss fight. If I've gone rusty by the time I can continue I'll be on the phone asking for compensatory Nectar points.

Again having a strong run bombing through the first few stages to get to the timed doors. I really think it's the way to go, saves you so much time and you still get nicely powered up. I've got 12k health despite not grabbing most of the scrolls on the initial stages. Does anyone know if the timed doors still appear on the later levels? Can't remember seeing any but they might be further from the entrance than usual.

This is the first time I've used a bow as my primary weapon and I had to do a bit of on the job learning with the clock tower boss because I had no idea how to get arrows back. The grenades which say they return your arrows don't seem to work unless I'm missing something? Parrying seems to be the best option but I'd have been shit out of luck without a shield.

Well yeah, but there's not much point quitting out when someone can arrive any minute. I was more whining about having to stop at all.

Last boss seems rough, I got him down to about 30% but it wasn't pretty.. Possibly could've done it if I had the next health potion refill up. Looking forward to having a go with a more familiar weapon since struggling for arrow refills during a boss causes all sorts of problems!

Phaser is also a very effective substitute for a shield there. It's really good fun to use as well.

Ended up at the first boss with nothing to hurt him with but level 1 spartan sandals earlier. Took about ten minutes doing 100 damage per hit :facepalm:

The puzzle in

the clock tower

was a bit of a pain in the arse but at least you only have to do it once.

I think I've got all the major runes now.

And I just got away bugged out map. I don't have wall jump (or whatever will allow me to reach the areas just out of reach) and I'm stuck (near the start of an area, trust me, there's no alternate route) because there's no chain for me to climb up to the platform just out of reach. It's a fucking pain in the arse because I've got an insanely good build and just melted the clock tower boss for the first time. A bit gutted and it's quite off-putting.