IGNORED

Dead Cells - DLC 3: The Queen and the Sea out now!

Cyhwuhx

12 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Just switch off and resume.

IDIOT OO.

Died with like 2600 health and feeling confident.  Next run through I'm going to nail it.

One of the bosses was pretty tough. Wiped me out because I was too tired. 

2 hours ago, Hellcock said:

IDIOT OO.

Died with like 2600 health and feeling confident.  Next run through I'm going to nail it.

One of the bosses was pretty tough. Wiped me out because I was too tired. 

Off and resume worked for me perfectly this morning. The Switch is great.

7 hours ago, Radish said:

Motion Twin confirmed that they knew the Switch version's frame rate dropped to the 40s before releasing it, but didn't want to delay the Switch release. A patch is coming but it'll be November at the absolute earliest. 

Not sure how I feel about that. But as it might be cheaper by then I guess I can wait till they sort it.

Stumbled across my first challenge rift this morning, sat there ages trying to decide if to enter it.
I was right near the end of an area, no spare flasks, only 100 health and over a hundred cells.
Contemplated whether to risk it, as I had no idea what to expect (didn't want to look it up to ruin the surprise) nor if I would lose everything if I failed the challenge.
Glad I entered it, wasn't too hard and the pay off was great.

This game just keeps on giving, love it :)

On 10/08/2018 at 06:30, Sane said:

This is quite combat heavy, I'm not really getting any Metroid vibe from it. You could get it on Steam and refund if you don't like it.

On 10/08/2018 at 06:55, Stanshall said:

I thought I'd love S&S, Hollow Knight and this. I like this, find the other two boring. 

Thanks. I bought it, it's great. Off to die, no time to type more.

18 hours ago, DC said:

A shield feels ESSENTIAL for the Clock Tower boss to me at the minute.

’Just one more run....’

Yeah, I just got to him for the first time and was thinking the same thing.

Ironically I'd picked a shield up in that run for the first time since the beginning and parrying suddenly clicked, but then I swapped it out for the tried and trusted ice blast when I got a bit further :facepalm:. He seemed pretty resistant to ice cheesing.

Even though the icon makes the parry timing clear I was initially struggling to not hit the button right when the attack lands like you do in so many other games. It's very satisfying once you get it down though.

I really don’t mind dying and restarting, but thrice now I’ve reached Ramparts with no exit spawning. It’s maddening. I lack the abilities to open up what’s there but the normal exit to the Bridge is gone. It’s like the thing doesn’t exist anymore and considering it’s happening multiple times I’m getting the idea the seed for my game is FUBAR.

Having to flush dozens of dead cells down the drain because there’s no way out is seriously pissing me off here. 

4 hours ago, Blu3Flame said:

Is the performance really that bad on Switch? It's the only platform I have now.

There’s some slowdown when there are large amounts of enemies on-screen. But that’s about it. Nothing to fear if you’ve survived the 16-bit era. 

19 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I really don’t mind dying and restarting, but thrice now I’ve reached Ramparts with no exit spawning. It’s maddening. I lack the abilities to open up what’s there but the normal exit to the Bridge is gone. It’s like the thing doesn’t exist anymore and considering it’s happening multiple times I’m getting the idea the seed for my game is FUBAR.

Having to flush dozens of dead cells down the drain because there’s no way out is seriously pissing me off here. 

You know that the exit is sometimes way before the end of the area, right? Apologies if you do and you've fully explored, etc. The above did get me several times before I realised, though. 

11 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

You know that the exit is sometimes way before the end of the area, right? Apologies if you do and you've fully explored, etc. The above did get me several times before I realised, though. 

Unfortunately, I do. That’s how I knew there was an exit to start with. In this case I missed what I think is a doublejump/wallclimb or a ground pound ability. Nothing else gave way. I even threw myself in every abyss hoping to find a new corridor somewhere.

Back at Ramparts now and crossing appendages...

Played a few hours last night. First impressions: looks good, combat feels nice and meaty, lots going on at once, and can be punishing. I beat two elite enemies (mini bosses), though more through the build I had rather than skill. I'm quite enjoying it and it seems like there's a lot of depth and variety.

I wouldn't say its grabbed me, but I can guess once the areas open up a bit and you have more choices its better fun. Not a big fan of so many attack buttons either, its a bit overwhelming. I've never been a big combat buff for this kind of game and the exploration/playforming is uninteresting so far. But I know its early days so I'm willing to give it a proper stab.

3 minutes ago, danbot said:

How do I use any weapons that I unlock via blueprint?

They are added to your “deck” of available items that are randomly spawned in chests/shops. None of the items is meant as a permanent fixture.

So fourth time was a charm with Ramparts and I finally got through. Obliterated the Concierge with a Crossb-o-matic and a Sinew Slasher, got a miraculous pair of daggers and made it all the way to Clock Tower afterwards. 

All is well. (And dead.)