rllmuk
Jug McKenzie

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 2019)

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 19:00, Paulando said:

But I wanted to know where Snoke came from!

etc

If you combine some obscure sentences in some forgotten books, analyze all Wikipedia entries of Star Wars, search in the entire comic line for clues, listen to all the interviews and youtube theories, you will probably come up with some kind of answer.

That is what storytelling is all about.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

On 03/12/2019 at 18:00, Paulando said:

But I wanted to know where Snoke came from!

etc

well you’re in luck! As there just happens to be a new Star Wars film out in two weeks that might actually answer your questions! 

There's a billboard advertising this on my commute. It's quite small and kinda lost looking. It's smaller than the adverts nearby for the Irishman. It's on the wall of a building backing onto some waste ground, next to the road, above a sad pile of knackered bricks and mortar that is all that remains of some old building knocked down for something new and shiny and useful.

It seems fitting.

• Empathy 2

2 minutes ago, Rudderless said:

Well, in an ongoing saga, of course bad stuff is going to come back around - it's not as if they can throw a giant party celebrating the end of the Empire for three films. Essentially, what we've got here is neo-Nazis having taken over because the older generation got complacent and let it happen. Thus it's up to the young folks, notably led by women and POC, to lead the charge against these idiots who think fascism is cool again. I wonder where they drew inspiration from. 

Their bank accounts?

• Downvote 2

On 06/12/2019 at 10:48, Talk Show Host said:

If you combine some obscure sentences in some forgotten books, analyze all Wikipedia entries of Star Wars, search in the entire comic line for clues, listen to all the interviews and youtube theories, you will probably come up with some kind of answer.

That is what storytelling is all about.

Proper LOL at this

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bucky said:

My eldest (he's 10 soon) is asking more and more questions about her.  One was "how does she look like that?" to which I could only give him a hug in response.

It's like that time he tried to walk past the TV when Katie Perry was on and he slowed down then slowly craned his neck to prevent his body moving forward in the most exaggerated double take I've ever seen in my life.

She has the same effect on me and I’m five times his age. (Daisy I mean - he can have Katie.)

Booked for next Friday afternoon with the kids. (I’ll be sitting with them obvs 8-)) Can’t wait. 
Just got to finish our 8 film chronological run through before then. Empire/Jedi/awakens over the weekend I reckon, Last Jedi Thursday, Then cinema on Friday. 

Wanted to watch them all again before Rise next week, but turns out I only currently own Episodes 4 - 7, and Rogue One.

I'm okay with this line-up.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Errr, is your post description of that video not a massive spoiler? 

No more than the last main trailer, but have amended the text. But the actual video reveals more, including one bit I’d rather have not seen / heard.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, glb said:

No more than the last main trailer, but have amended the text. But the actual video reveals more, including one bit I’d rather have not seen / heard.

I also read it out of context too! 

9 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

But 

Reveal hidden contents

The reveal he’s been doing an amazing James Earl Jones impression in Kylo’s head is a big plot point non?

maybe it’s not then I dunno.

That was the bit I wish I’d not heard.