rllmuk
Jug McKenzie

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 2019)

I'm old enough to think anything over two hours is already pretty epic. I definitely don't want a three hour Star Wars film.

Unless it was a specially extended TLJ directors cut with more milking and horse riding scenes amirite?

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

Lots of people complaining (about a film they're yet to see) having a run-time of 2hrs 21mins like it spells disaster.

7 minutes ago, K said:

There seems to be a vocal minority of Star Wars "fans" who want nothing more than for this film to be shit, and are casting around for any vague indication that it's going to be as bad as they hope it's going to be. An utterly bizarre, extremely unhealthy way to spend your time, and a baffling response to being disappointed by what is essentially a family film that came out two years ago.

Who are these people and where are you reading their opinions?

Why would anyone complain about a film being whatever length it is, and why on earth would anyone want it to be shit? Proper weird.

I think the last time I went to the cinema was to see The Force Awakens. It was packed and I was sitting next to someone who probably hadn't washed in a week.

Despite this, I'd quite like to see this without having to wait months after release. I've got Christmas week off. Does anyone have any tips for when would be good days to book, or is it likely to just be packed pretty much throughout the Christmas period?

1 hour ago, K said:

There seems to be a vocal minority of Star Wars "fans" who want nothing more than for this film to be shit, and are casting around for any vague indication that it's going to be as bad as they hope it's going to be. An utterly bizarre, extremely unhealthy way to spend your time, and a baffling response to being disappointed by what is essentially a family film that came out two years ago.

Dank, pathetic man-children. Life is way too short to waste willing such things to be shit, or taking active pleasure in them being so.

I’d bet imperial credits a few are giving Knives Out low user ratings because Rian Johnson directed it.

2h 21m is all good for runtime; was deciding between IMAX or full reclining seats. Over two hours? Full reclining seats and a bumper popcorn it is!

15 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

As long as the last 1 hour 55 minutes is a musical number with all the cast dancing with Ewoks/Porgs and a full lineup of force ghosts then I'm happy. 

FTFY

20 minutes ago, JPL said:

Come on @Sixkiller and @K, give me some links. I want to have a laugh at these man babies.

Go to YouTube, search for “Doomcock” and read the comments on ‘his’ Rise of Skywalker test screening videos.

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think the last time I went to the cinema was to see The Force Awakens. It was packed and I was sitting next to someone who probably hadn't washed in a week.

Despite this, I'd quite like to see this without having to wait months after release. I've got Christmas week off. Does anyone have any tips for when would be good days to book, or is it likely to just be packed pretty much throughout the Christmas period?

It’s probably going to be rammed in all showings on its first week. Just leave it as late in the week as you can, and earliest showing possible, which is what I tend to do in general to avoid the hordes.

Also if you cinema has online allocated seating you can just click in and out of each showing to see how Well they’re selling. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, glb said:

Go to YouTube, search for “Doomcock” and read the comments on ‘his’ Rise of Skywalker test screening videos.

Oh dear.

2 hours ago, glb said:

Knew it was going to be that guy.  I haven’t bothered to watch it as I know it will be about as factual as a copy of The Sun.

Empire is such a great film, but Jedi is my personal(!) favourite (I'm not saying it's a better film), I think it's because it's the only one I saw in the cinema as a kid.

Genuinely not meant to be a troll post. Very much looking forward to IX, mind.

8 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Fuck off. Jedi (none of your episode 6 pish) was a conclusion of a story. This is the end of some re-tread DLC.

This better have at least 10 minutes of Porgs or I'll shoot up the cinema.

"Shoot up the cinema" is in poor taste, man. Surely worth an edit?

• Empathy 1

Jedi also has one of the greatest sighs of relief ever committed to film.

EDIT: well turns out I don’t know how to upload a gif with my phone anymore. But it’s Admiral Ackbar being really relieved. Shine on, you gorgeous space-crustacean.

• Upvote 2

On 29/11/2019 at 15:13, merrychan said:

Empire is such a great film, but Jedi is my personal(!) favourite (I'm not saying it's a better film), I think it's because it's the only one I saw in the cinema as a kid.

Genuinely not meant to be a troll post. Very much looking forward to IX, mind.

I rewatched Jedi the other day for the first time in years and it’s a banger, was always my least fave of the original trilogy and poss still is but it’s still a great film.

Empire is still the best!

Jedi used to be my favourite as a kid. It's definitely the most uneven of the three, but the space battle and Luke/Vader/Emperor confrontation are both incredible.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, glb said:

Jedi also has one of the greatest sighs of relief ever committed to film.

But it’s Admiral Ackbar being really relieved. 

Then they remembered it needed a U rating and it had to go.

• Upvote 1