jerellis1

Star Wars Episode IX (December 2019)

5 hours ago, JPL said:

Haha! I thought it was just me. No idea what that could mean. Can someone explain, in spoilers obviously?

Spoiler

The leaked pics show Ren with Luke's lightsaber and Kylo Ren with his mask repaired - two things that were pointedly destroyed during The Last Jedi and which were seen by many as explicit realisation of the "Let the past die" message. 

The expectation with JJ returning to the fold would be that he'd walk back a lot of Johnson's intent, given how it seemed to fly in the face of JJ's work in TFA. These leaked pics give that theory some weight. 

Or they might not! We don't know!

6 hours ago, JPL said:

Haha! I thought it was just me. No idea what that could mean. Can someone explain, in spoilers obviously?

Spoiler

In TLJ Kylo ditches his mask, after Snoke accuses him of being a pale imitation of his grandfather. The pictures suggest that he dons the mask again.

Also in TLJ, Rey's blue lightsaber gets broken in the Rey and Kylo vs. Snoke's guards fight. The pictures suggest her lightsaber is back in action.

'Status quo reverted' refers to the fact that some people didn't like TLJ much, and hope that Episode 9 will reverse some of the decisions made by TLJ director Rian Johnson.

Ah yeah, thanks for that @Glasgowchivas @NickC.

I’d completely forgotten about...

Kylo smashing his mask up while having his teenage temper tantrum. I’d also forgotten about the blue lightsaber being destroyed. I thought she took it with her to fix it though. Maybe I was mistaken.

Does any of it mean anything really though? Is it even a spoiler? I suppose it is in the very broadest of terms, but nothing to really worry about.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JPL said:

but nothing to really worry about.

Ummm, this is Star Wars we're talking about.

It's not life and death.... it's far more important than that.

5 minutes ago, NickC said:

Ummm, this is Star Wars we're talking about.

It's not life and death.... it's far more important than that.

I remember the good old days when I used to feel like that.

People don’t half over-egg how Rian Johnson left the universe. A small outnumbered plucky band of rebels resistance with a rookie Jedi in tow versus a monolithic Empire First Order with a bad bloke in a black cape in their corner. The originality of the premise is burning a hole in my face.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, K said:

The Last Jedi fans will be worried that JJ Abrams is going to undo all of the subversive, progressive moves that rogue genius and stinkbeard annoyer Rian Johnson made in the previous film

But as everyone knows, The Force Awakens was more subversive and progressive than The Last Jedi...