jerellis1

Star Wars Episode IX (December 2019)

52 minutes ago, JPL said:

So after all Rian Johnson’s endless moments to tell us that we should forget the past, let it die, kill it with fire if we have to, etc. that he layed on with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, it looks like JJ Abrams has completely scrapped that idea and gone rooting through the bins to find any old footage of Leia he can get his hands on to create a story that tugs on our heart strings and lets us reminisce. Which direction are we going in again?

I'm sure it'll just be a brief Leia flashback or something, if it's unused footage from TFA that they're using. As for Luke, I'd say most of us were expecting him to appear as a force ghost anyway, which is obviously what he'll be doing, so no surprises there really. JJ Abrams clearly isn't afraid to use these characters sparingly, as demonstrated by Luke's 30-or-so seconds at the end of TFA, so it's not as if it'll end up being Zombie Leia and Spirit of Luke: the Movie. But, mock away, if you all must. Personally I can't wait for what I'm sure will be the biggest film of 2019 and an at-least superb conclusion to the saga. :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, jerellis1 said:

Personally I can't wait for what I'm sure will be the biggest film of 2019 and an at-least superb conclusion to the saga. :) 

I'm with you on your comments on how just because Luke and Leia will be involved, it doesn't necessarily mean they're going back on the big theme of TLJ.

But the biggest film of 2019? Remember that Untitled Avengers Infinity War Sequel and Frozen 2 are also out next year!

25 minutes ago, jerellis1 said:

I'm sure it'll just be a brief Leia flashback or something, if it's unused footage from TFA that they're using. As for Luke, I'd say most of us were expecting him to appear as a force ghost anyway, which is obviously what he'll be doing, so no surprises there really. JJ Abrams clearly isn't afraid to use these characters sparingly, as demonstrated by Luke's 30-or-so seconds at the end of TFA, so it's not as if it'll end up being Zombie Leia and Spirit of Luke: the Movie. But, mock away, if you all must. Personally I can't wait for what I'm sure will be the biggest film of 2019 and an at-least superb conclusion to the saga. :) 

I’m only messing. I’m looking forward to it, to be honest. No matter what I’ve thought of it so far, I’ve always got time for Star Wars. I’m sure they’ll get it right eventually.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Nick R said:

I'm with you on your comments on how just because Luke and Leia will be involved, it doesn't necessarily mean they're going back on the big theme of TLJ.

But the biggest film of 2019? Remember that Untitled Avengers Infinity War Sequel and Frozen 2 are also out next year!

Does have the advantage that Disney own all three franchises...

Do people get excited about any on-set photos these days, unless they show something new? It’s just the same two characters we’ve had in the last two films.

It was cool seeing Linda Hamilton in the leaked T6 shots, just because it’s Linda Hamilton. Not because anyone expects the film to be any good. Would anyone care about an on-set photo from a new Avengers film showing Iron Man and Thor standing in a field? But if they were standing a field with Professor Xavier alongside them, the internet would melt.

Not personally, but some people like looking for details in those shots. Like in your Iron Man example, people with encyclopaedic knowledge of his suits look for details of which suit he’s wearing and try to infer stuff from the comics which may come to the movie. 

Even I’m looking forward to Episode IX. I mean, as much as I’ve moaned about VIII, it’s not the worst film ever made, and I’m really interested to see how they wrap it up. I wonder how much the backlash will have steered their thinking. I wonder if they can satisfactorily end this trilogy on a high. I wonder if they’ve learnt anything on this journey.

I really do hope it’s good though and everyone falls in love with Star Wars again, giving them a solid platform for the future.

When can we expect to see the first trailer?

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:54, Nick R said:

Whens it coming out?

I stupidly bet a workmate that force awakens would be bigger in 2015 than spectre. Easy bet right? Not when force awakens came out half way through December...

4 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I don’t really feel anything toward the franchise anymore tbh.

Yeah, that’s how a lot of people are feeling. Far more than the 4 of us on this forum that MechE thinks, as well. I just hope they’ve realised that they’ve made a lot of mistakes and they really have something worthy of being a Star Wars film lines up for IX. I still have hope they can put things right, so that’s why I’m looking forward to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Empathy 1

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:35, Sarlaccfood said:

Urgh why does everyone have to be related? Just let them be new characters with no relation.

to be fair though nobody is related...so far

Leaked opening crawl from J.J.'s fresh new take on Star Wars.

Rey has returned to her home planet of Jakku in an attempt to rescue her friend Finn from the clutches of that shady alien in the kebab van.

Little does Rey know that the FIRST ORDER has secretly begun construction on a new planet based superweapon even more powerful than the first dreaded Starkiller Base.

When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of rebels resistance struggling to restore freedom to the galaxy...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JPL said:

Yeah, that’s how a lot of people are feeling. Far more than the 4 of us on this forum that MechE thinks, as well. I just hope they’ve realised that they’ve made a lot of mistakes and they really have something worthy of being a Star Wars film lines up for IX. I still have hope they can put things right, so that’s why I’m looking forward to it.

Or ignore the shouting from what is a minority and realise they've made 2 really good saga episodes about what Star Wars means to people and crack on. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I don’t really feel anything toward the franchise anymore tbh.

I don't feel anything towards Strictly Come Dancing. I'd therefore never post news about who was going to be in the latest series.

I don't care about football and therefore I don't post any opinions on how Manchester United are doing this season.

Slagging off The Last Jedi as much as you've done in the other thread and then going to effort of posting what you have today is a funny way of showing you no longer are interested in something don't you think? Me thinks someone doth protest too much.

• Upvote 7

47 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Or ignore the shouting from what is a minority and realise they've made 2 really good saga episodes about what Star Wars means to people and crack on. 

Can you quantify why you think it’s a minority? I mean, maybe there are less people that don’t like it than do, but is it really only a small percentage of the fans?

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, as it could easily be the media overhyping the negativity and making it seem like it’s a lot of people who don’t like the new direction. I dunno. It’d be interesting to see if it’s something Disney have taken note of, or whether it’s even reached them if it’s really so insignificant.

All I know is that, for me, they’ve pretty much dragged everything in a direction I haven’t enjoyed and I’d love for them to bring Star Wars back to something I love.

Like I said though, I just hope I enjoy this last instalment and that I start to feel the magic again. I’m looking forward to it.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, JPL said:

I wonder if they’ve learnt anything on this journey.

Yeah, make sure any further trilogies are planned out in advance and give one or two people creative oversight ;):P

If you’re bringing Luke Skywalker back into the series, make sure he’s chucking AT-ATs all over the place and firing force beams out of his anus or you’ll ruin everyone’s childhood.

• Upvote 9

I suppose Rian Johnson did already prove that even as a dead ghost, the power of the force is so strong in elite-level force users, they can still interact with the material world so if they want to placate some fanboys, why not.

5 hours ago, JPL said:

When can we expect to see the first trailer?

The first Episode VII teaser was attached to the third Hobbit film in December 2014.  So a year before release.  The one with Solo and Chewie was Summer 2015.  With Abrams at the helm again they might follow the same pattern this time.

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

If you must have female characters, they should either be there to be rescued, or die of a broken heart.

If you have a gay lead he can't do or say anything to indicate he is gay.

Yep, I’m still in.  I’ve seen every film given a cinema release and I think that the long wait from Solo to Ep IX’s release will be long enough to get the excitement building again.  Plus, it’s a triolgy, you can’t leave the unwritten ‘To Be Continued’ uncontinued!