rllmuk
Commander Jameson

Rllmuk Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

I'm in - Toddy FC.

Salah's price has really made it difficult this year assuming you're one of the 55% of people with him in your team. In the end I've decided to sacrifice premium forwards and gone for mid-priced midfielders to allow me to have a decent defence. Will be playing 4-4-2.

fpl.thumb.PNG.6a5135a3ef7064b96ad7b12e04b37c2d.PNG 

Neves at 5.0 is suddenly looking like a much better pick than Jota at 6.5. 

Jiminez at 5.5 is also looking like a good option for a budget forward. Tempted to switch King and bank £1m. 

Maybe a little too kneejerk though... 

Jimenez and Pereira happily picking up points whilst sat on my bench, De Gea letting a soft goal in right at the death, and Son is going off to the Asian games which somehow slipped my mind. Yep, typical start to the fantasy season.

I had Neves playing, but benched Pogba and Vardy. At about 6pm Friday, I considered using my Bench Boost, but didn't.

So, my traditional slow start! 30 points, but with Arnautavic, Sane, and Captain Salah to play things could be worse.

• Empathy 1

Managed to sneak top spot this week, which is a nice start after sitting out last year. 

Annoyed to have Wan-Bissaka on my bench as first sub but then I don’t think there’s anybody lucky enough to avoid a tale of benching woe this week. Lots of budget players in the points. 

81 for me.

My big error was changing captain from Mane to Firmino at the last minute.

Also took Neves out but he was benched anyway, and had Wan-Bissaka on the bench, too.

Assuming you guys picked Wan-B because he was cheap or is he a good prospect? 

Also...what's the deal with subs being swapped? Otamendi was in my team but was auto switched for another player. Assume it was because he didn't play at all?

I always get 1 £4m defender to save money and try to go for one that might still play to reduce the likelihood of their price dropping. That's how I ended up with Wan-B. He was benched but fortunately Trippier never played so he came on for me. Unfortunately Arnoutovic did play stopping Neves from coming on. Ah well, got 91 points in the end but would have been good to break 100 in week 1. 

4 hours ago, El Pibe said:

Assuming you guys picked Wan-B because he was cheap or is he a good prospect?

Only £4m and almost guaranteed to start - he started all the pre-season games. I reckon he'll be great this season. Good player to have in any team imo. If Palace have an easy game, stick him in. If not, sub out and it's the cheapest bench option.

On 11/08/2018 at 19:42, Keiths_Dad said:

and Son is going off to the Asian games which somehow slipped my mind. Yep, typical start to the fantasy season.

I missed this and chose him in my team too!

Should I transfer him out while he's away? He's £8.5 million and Ozil, David Silva, Pogba and Willian are a similar/lower price. Should I swap him for one of those... or someone cheaper? :unsure:

I made a snap decision and traded van dyke for Alexander Arnold to save 1m. The latter seems to get down the wing and put crosses in and seems to have a decent freekick on him.

Now have 2.5 in the bank and not sure what to do.

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

I missed this and chose him in my team too!

Should I transfer him out while he's away? He's £8.5 million and Ozil, David Silva, Pogba and Willian are a similar/lower price. Should I swap him for one of those... or someone cheaper? :unsure:

David Silva didn't play but Bernardo Silva grabbed a goal at the weekend. If pogba is taking pens, that's a decent buy for 8m+. I like William too.