Commander Jameson

Rllmuk Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

Yep.

My current GW points is 42 from 10 players. My 4 benched players have a total of 40 points between them. This was not a good week. 

55 for me so far, but I have Ings playing tonight probably since he won't be eligible for the GW6 match. There's a bloke in my work league who has 3 Southampton first teamers on the bench which is a bit mad particularly given that his assets in those positions all blanked.

I looked at my Sky team score for this week, and of the 119 points they accrued, 98 came from 3 players (Milner, Hazard & Doherty). No matter how badly I score in FPL I can always guarante something silly from Sky to lift my spirits.

I'm not sure what happened this week.  I bit the bullet and used my wildcard cos of injuries, and put in three Liverpool players and an in-form Chelsea player.  Of course they all had a very average gameweek <_<

I'm not going to panic though, I'm sure in the coming weeks they'll bring in the points.  That's right, long-term planning, honest ;)

On 15/09/2018 at 22:35, El Pibe said:

Ryan Fraser on the bench.

Cunnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttt.

Same. That's twice now I've benched an injury doubt player fearing an 85th minute substitute cameo only for them to not only start but bloody score. Lesson well and truly learned!

I'm having a 'mare all round.

I thought I'd take a little gamble and made Pedro captain. Did similar with Mahrez a few weeks back. Went well! 

I need an Ings hattrick tonight!

I thought this was going to be a tough week but it's turned out pretty well. Keeping and starting Fraser was easily the best decision I've made this season.

Now looking at the Aguero, Mendy and Arnautovic injuries with a sense of foreboding dread though.

13 hours ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

I thought this was going to be a tough week but it's turned out pretty well. Keeping and starting Fraser was easily the best decision I've made this season.

Now looking at the Aguero, Mendy and Arnautovic injuries with a sense of foreboding dread though.

I'm thinking Mendy and aguero get rested for the champions league game this week and then play at the weekend.. I have both and don't want to trade them in because I won't be able to get them both back again.

It's bollocks that you don't get to cash in their current market value.

9 hours ago, Hellcock said:

I'm thinking Mendy and aguero get rested for the champions league game this week and then play at the weekend.. I have both and don't want to trade them in because I won't be able to get them both back again.

It's bollocks that you don't get to cash in their current market value.

Hoping this will be the case. Going to have to wait for the Friday pressers. Considering taking a hit instead of wildcarding if one or both of them are injured.

It makes sense to me that they limit the amount of money you can get in the game. No problem with that. I do have a problem with the rate of price drops to price rises though. Richarlison gained 1.2 million owners after GW1, rose to 6.8 by GW3. He has since lost 1.3 million owners, yet currently costs 6.6 That is total BS.

He’s only lost value due to getting banned though. If people get him back in it shouldn’t be at the original price as he’s proven to be a good FF player. Like that’s still a low price for the return he’s had so far.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if I just made a foolish mistake but I got rid of aubangyang for lacazette and used the extra money to get jiminez for wolves as a third striker that plays, given wolves easy run after this weekend.

And then of course aubangyang plays like a beast in Europe cup last night.. 

9 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah against a shite European team. Doubt it means he’s going to suddenly start ripping up the Prem.

True. Also perhaps why lacazette was rested? Let the more inexperienced team members get some game time in.

Most people will be in a similar position though, can’t belice anyone with a decent ranking has fewer than 3.  

Slightly annoyed your 5 at the back formation paid off this week (I’m 2nd...) 

6 hours ago, hellsbells said:

Most people will be in a similar position though, can’t belice anyone with a decent ranking has fewer than 3.  

Aha. hello! It absolutely saved me.

@marcus - how many points do you have? Just add it on to your total for your true RLLMUK ranking.

Chelsea vs Liv. 0-0 or goal fest?

11 hours ago, marcus said:

Forgot to join the league this year, so playing catch-up bigtime as I start from 0.   Only 438 points behind the leader  :)

Do you? I forgot to join another forums league and only did so after 4 weeks, but I kept my full points total. 

On 26/09/2018 at 02:52, hellsbells said:

I thought I would come unstuck this week but then I looked at your team. Haha. Are you playing a free hit?!

I've found myself oddly awash with cash in hand this season, all the more so since I ditched Hazard for Salah a few weeks ago (in for the hat-trick against Cardiff!). This gives me enough to go from Zaha to Kane in one free transfer, which I'm very tempted to do given the Hudds and Cardiff fixtures. After those, I'll swap Kane for Vardy or Lacazette, and get Salah back in for Liverpool's games against... Hudds and Cardiff.

This year's transfer strategy - buy whoever's playing Cardiff.

4 hours ago, Hellcock said:

I thought I would come unstuck this week but then I looked at your team. Haha. Are you playing a free hit?!

Not the best team this week but can’t say I’d be confident of coming up with a FH squad that would get significantly more points. 

Still need to to make my sub though - pretty sure I know what I’m doing but waiting on the press conferences for any unexpected injuries.