Commander Jameson

Rllmuk Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

On 24/08/2018 at 03:29, Hellcock said:

I am thinking of using my wildcard just to get the perfect team that i want, prices are moving fast.

I normally ignore the pricing meta game but it has been particularly crazy this year with stuff like Sanchez dropping 0.2 for missing 1 match, despite returns in the previous one. Have been keeping an eye on FPLstatistics to watch out for the people about to change. 

Thought I was having a bad week with Mendy and Ederson dropping clean sheet bonuses and Richarlison getting sent off, but I've picked up more points than anyone so far this weekend with Eriksen and Sessegnon still to play. Probably a low scoring game day all round.

1 hour ago, Hellcock said:

My optimum team is no longer possible thanks to those price movements! Bugger.

I could be bottom this week. 17 with 4 to play. 

I took a gamble and a -12 hit to get some players in before price rises (Mendy, Richarlison, Alonso, Wan-Bissaka). 

Not great that two of those have picked up red cards since I bought them, but if I’d have waited I’d have been priced out. 

Binned him off for Pedro yesterday. Mitrovic saved my awful game week but I had the Fulham Burnley game pegged as a dull 0-0.

Shame as for me, he's the player of the week.

6 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

Binned him off for Pedro yesterday. Mitrovic saved my awful game week but I had the Fulham Burnley game pegged as a dull 0-0.

Shame as for me, he's the player of the week.

How's that 0-0 work out for you. :Lol:

32 with trippier to play. I didn't sub out Shaw or Sanchez. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll play .

• Upvote 1

Good week for me so far - 60 with Shaw and de Gea to play. A Man Utd clean sheet would be great, but also unlikely. 

Is Shaw likely to play? If not, then I’ll have King off my bench for 9 points :)

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

Trippier and (bad) Lucas getting me some much needed points tonight. :hat:

Why is Lucas bad? He looked wicked last night. I'm tempted to get him in.

Would you rather have

Lucas Moura and aubameyang

Or

Milner and Kane 

?

3 hours ago, Hellcock said:

Why is Lucas bad? He looked wicked last night. I'm tempted to get him in.

Would you rather have

Lucas Moura and aubameyang

Or

Milner and Kane 

?

Was a joke that he was the bad Lucas and Lucas (Leiva) was the good one. 

Not sure how long Milner's run in the team will last. He's in good form at the moment but you'd think Henderson and Fabinho would start competing for a place so he'll be a rotation risk. Then again the same could happen to Lucas when Son is back 

I'm now currently 648th out of 5.3m players overall. And 19th in Scotland. mD9s4GU.gif

Done my first transfers of the season (triple transfer) last night so this is where my good fortune ends I fear and also when Firmino starts banging them in. 

My team mostly have either a) hard fixtures on paper or b) are playing each other this week so I'm not holding out much hope for a stellar week. Then again, it was the opposite last week and I ended up with 40 points after 100+ the week before (with the same team!).

It all depends on which Newcastle turns up really! 

I had a disgusting week last week. Played my wildcard this week :LOL: earliest one I've ever done, I think. Bolded the players who weren't in last week.

Ederson

Robertson Mendy Wan-Bissaka

Mane Salah Mhikataryan Guendouzi

Mitrovic Aguero Zaha

Bench of Flappyhandski, Fraser Daniels Bennet

Ended up sacking off Aubamayang, sick of his 2 point performances. Of course he'll bang in a couple against Cardiff knowing my luck :/

Ugh, heard that Ings was a doubt to start today so changed my team yesterday to put Wan-Bissaka in fearing Ings would only get a run out in the second half. :facepalm: 

• Empathy 1

My luck is ending. Took out Firmino and he scores. Played Ederson over the Southampton keeper.  Put in Zaha and he's AWOL. Put in Mkhitarian and he's benched. 

Quite happy with my team now though it's taken longer than intended. I have a few Watford players in the side that fully delivered this week against Spurs and to be honest I can see them getting one over Man U at the moment as well so i'm going to leave them in.

I had a solid week but if Pogba scored that penalty and Lukaku didn't fuck around when he was on for a hat trick it would have been an amazing one :(

Benched Ings in favour of Pedro and Rui Patricio in  favour of Flappy Handski.

Curses.

I have 2.5 in the bank. Still wondering which to do:

Chambers for Alonso or David Silva for Bernardo Silva.

Or the outside option is drop Bernardo Silva and Chambers, get Mendy in and another cheap midfielder who I have yet to identify.