rllmuk
JohnC

Hobbs and Shaw (Fast & Furious spin-off)

12 minutes ago, probotector said:

A lot of the cast must be upset that The Rock has basically hijacked the series. 

Its about Dom and Brian and toona sandwiches FFS!

isn't the rumour that vin diesel is impossible to work with, so got kicked to the curb?

23 minutes ago, SeanR said:

isn't the rumour that vin diesel is impossible to work with, so got kicked to the curb?

I’ve heard he’s hard to work with but at the same time, FF is his series...?

3 minutes ago, probotector said:

I’ve heard he’s hard to work with but at the same time, FF is his series...?

tumblr_mp61uaCUn01s67vyfo1_250.gif

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SeanR said:

Vin Diesel produces and stars in nearly all the mainline films, and he's already revealed they are working on at least 2 more mainline sequels, so for somebody nobody likes (allegedly), he sure isn't going anywhere, unlike apparently Dwayne Johnson, who might not get asked back for the next mainline sequel, which might explain why they've carved out a spin-off to fix that ego clash.

On 04/02/2019 at 17:35, moosegrinder said:

From what I've read it's because The Rock has a work ethic and Vin Diesel doesn't. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43653265

The Rock:

But I wish him all the best, and I harbour no ill-will there, just because of the clarity we have.

Actually, you can erase that last part about 'no ill will'. We'll just keep it with the clarity.

New extended sizzle reel trailer is out but basically shows the entire film so best off leaving it. It does look deliciously over the top and entertaining to a demented degree, though, I’m more hyped for this than Endgame.

And yes, it’s still all about the fam, fam.

After seeing practically all the fast and furious movies in the cinema I think Kim at the point where I'll wait for the blu ray release now. Movie looks fun though.

They even threw in a surprise role from someone well known! Someone new, not one of the F&F crew.

Spoiler

Ryan Reynolds is basically doing Deadpool dialogue in this.

Just saw this - it’s what you’d expect.

As that was The Rock and Statham cracking wise and having a go at each other while fighting Idris Elba and blowing stuff up it was all good.

I’ll have mainly forgotten it tomorrow, but enjoyed it. Rattles along at a great pace until it slows down a bit for the third act. Vanessa Kirby was good as well and for you wrestling fans (very slight plot spoilers)

Spoiler

Reigns does a spear and someone else does a Samoan Drop and The Rock fucks up Elba with a German Suplex.

I saw this, as my wife loves all Fast & Furious shenanigans, and also The Rock and also Statham. It is indeed exactly what you'd expect, but played more for laughs than the main franchise. I think it might be slightly better as a result.

It's still rubbish, obviously, but entertaining rubbish.

Yep I saw it today and it was exactly the film I was expecting, so I was suitably entertained.

Did anybody else pick up on the massive goof in the final battle though when :

Spoiler

it went from night time to a beautiful sunny day in the space of a big explosion.  Then 5 minutes later there was a torrential thunderstorm from nowhere.!!!.:lol:

This was fantastic. Hobbs & Shaw are pretty much the 21st century Tango & Cash.

20 hours ago, Waggo said:

Did anybody else pick up on the massive goof in the final battle though when :

Reveal hidden contents

it went from night time to a beautiful sunny day in the space of a big explosion.  Then 5 minutes later there was a torrential thunderstorm from nowhere.!!!.:lol:

That was not a goof. It's explained in the film that they

are expecting the attack right before dawn hence the lighting change during the fight as the sun rises.

The thunderstorm at the north end of the island is also mentioned during the planning of the island defences.

That's the whole reason for dragging the helicopter through the kill zone to that point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Djx said:

This was fantastic. Hobbs & Shaw are pretty much the 21st century Tango & Cash.

That was not a goof. It's explained in the film that they

Hide contents

are expecting the attack right before dawn hence the lighting change during the fight as the sun rises.

The thunderstorm at the north end of the island is also mentioned during the planning of the island defences.

That's the whole reason for dragging the helicopter through the kill zone to that point.

Nope sorry not having it.  

Spoiler

The storm I will give you, but it does not go from a moonlit night to a bright sunny day in literally the space of a minute.

I haven’t watched any F&F films since the second one, but I saw a trailer for this on the telly and it looked like dumb fun. I’m assuming it’s not about street racing anymore?