If anyone else is still playing Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid, i logged on today to a new update which as soon as you start the games asks you to enable cross-platform which has made getting a ranked game so much easier. 

There are also a couple of new Power Rangers out too which i can only assume come from the Season Pass :)

Fantasy Strike is out on the 25th July on PS4 and Switch for £28. This is billed as a "proper" fighting game that has easy execution.

Simple to play doesn't mean "easy". This video (see 4:40) explains it well.

Any other takers?

I think there is room for both complex and simple fighting games. I like (but admit that I'm far from being excellent at) complex execution and have spent more money than I would like to admit on arcade sticks over the years.

I think the design goal of Fantasy Strike was to make a proper fighting game that does not require much time learning the moves or how to do them, and from what I've played I think it achieves that goal quite well.

I've got a few real life friends who love the idea of fighting games but do not have anywhere near the time or dedication to play them properly. I'm talking not being able to consistently qcf or dp level of execution skills, let alone learning combo timing etc. I'm hardly an advanced street fighter player, but it is fair to say I'm not going to lose often against someone who is proud of themselves when they manage to throw a fireball. I've played Fantasy Strike with people like that and within 10 minutes they have all the basic tools they need to play the game. Doesn't mean that they are good players after 10 minutes - but it means that when they lose they lose because they were out played rather than simply because they can't play properly.

Anyone on Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid?

Reason i ask is all of a sudden the servers have either gone to shit again even after implementing nway or it's something to do with my download on xbone.

Anyone willing to try their copy and see if they can get into ranked mode please?

As for the topic of fighters, i like the look of Fantasy Strike but after getting caught out on Fighting EX Layer and now Power Rangers i reluctant to try anything new an full price that's not a triple a title. 

I fell back in love with Guilty Gear after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2PqSH4HKg

The game feels more organic than any other fighting game. Once you realize that you dont have to fully learn a character to play the game it is a matter of absorving knowledge during combats. Keeping training mostly to muscle memorize combos.

I feel Tekken and SF  are too big these days. Massive rosters, constant updates and corporative hype to keep the game alive.

I kinda preffer to play something smaller, that will still have commited player even in a few years down the line.

Now have so many local fighting game players I've had to rent out a yuge apartment to squeeze everyone in for Evo Sunday!

Is anyone else looking forward to Granblue Versus? New character is a big beefy fireguy

I've never heard of Granblue Fantasy VS before i have played various games from Arc System Works / Cy Games before.

That trailer has pipped by interest and maybe i'll take a dip depending on when this goes into a sale sometime. 

On 28/07/2019 at 10:47, daifuco said:

I fell back in love with Guilty Gear after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2PqSH4HKg

The game feels more organic than any other fighting game. Once you realize that you dont have to fully learn a character to play the game it is a matter of absorving knowledge during combats. Keeping training mostly to muscle memorize combos.

I feel Tekken and SF  are too big these days. Massive rosters, constant updates and corporative hype to keep the game alive.

I kinda preffer to play something smaller, that will still have commited player even in a few years down the line.

Xrd is still probably my favourite fighting game, and although I rarely play and practice even less I’ll still enter it at tournaments.

20 hours ago, Spuck said:

Is anyone else looking forward to Granblue Versus? New character is a big beefy fireguy

I was but I’m not sure I can get over the walk and run speed after the beta. 

This means I’ll still probably buy it at launch.

Oh FUCK YES! Xrd is definitely my favourite fighting game of the current generation but I totally missed playing the game at its peak player base. Definitely excited to get on the next version day 1!

3 hours ago, JLM said:

They should call it Guilty Gear Four X, lots of cross-promotional money to be made with Castlemaine.

4X you say? I'd love to see Sid Meier’s Guilty Gear.

I only have one friend who plays Guilty Gear, it was one of the random people on my steam "friend" list .

thanks to this game we are becoming good friends.

If you are happy sticking with online gameplay you dont need a lot of people to play the game. Just a game with good netcode and a good internet connection.

I am still bad at the game. I mess up almost every roman cancel I try :lol:.  If someone here wants to try the game  contact me on Steam