Spider-Man: Far from Home (Homecoming sequel)

I'm going to love it, but I'm a bit disappointed by the large scope and high stakes, when the opposite made that last film all the better. 

From the original trailer, I was hoping for some Spider-man does some James Bond on the side. Like a good Teen Agent. 

Hrrrm. On the one hand, you can argue that trailer could theoretically provide an in not just for later Spider-verse shenanigans but even a Tom v Tom/Spidey & Venom film further down the line. On the other, it's Mysterio so there's a 90% chance he's lying his ass off.

15 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

On the other, it's Mysterio so there's a 90% chance he's lying his ass off.

That's what I was thinking.

Also, aren't the Endgame spoilers in the trailer just unnecessary?  Guess it helps with marketing.  Don't know what marketing has to do with trailers though.:)

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Hide contents

Multi-verses in the MCU confirmed 

Spoiler

Not that Marvel Multiverses aren’t happening but if Spider-Man villain Mysterio, the Master Of Illusion, shows up the same time as a bunch of giant elemental monsters claiming he’s from another dimension and here to help beat them?

I ain’t giving him my Credit Card number, that’s all I’m saying...

In fact, I bet that’s not even the real Nick Fury...

Spoiler

Yeah, but I'd expect it to be a double fakeout, I mean comic book people are already going to know going in that Mysterio is the villain, so they'll expect him to be lying about his background, only for them to surprise them by revealing he really is from a different dimension.

Spoiler

I would absolutely love a final act that's just Jake G vamping around the set demonstrating how it was all done with about $80 worth of water cannon and some carefully placed fog machines, cacking at his own magnificence  and refusing to explain why he did any of it.

Okay I'm not on top of the Mysterio lore.

23 minutes ago, Alex W. said:
  Hide contents

I would absolutely love a final act that's just Jake G vamping around the set demonstrating how it was all done with about $80 worth of water cannon and some carefully placed fog machines, cacking at his own magnificence  and refusing to explain why he did any of it.

Okay I'm not on top of the Mysterio lore.

that was pretty spot on. 

From one of the articles linked from that trailer page:

Spoiler

Confirmed Spider-Man: Far From Home cast members include Tom Holland as your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, plus Zendaya and Marisa Tomei as “MJ” and Aunt May. Jake Gyllenhaal will play Mysterio while Michael Keaton is set to return as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture. New additions include comedian J.B. Smoove and Numan Acar (Aladdin) as Dimitri. It was also reported that MCEU veterans Samuel L. Jackson (Captain Marvel) and Cobie Smulders have also signed on to join Holland’s Spider-Man sequel as Nick Fury and Maria Hill respectively.

So that multiverse thing is looking less likely before the movie is even released. Probably going to be the prison scene, continuing the setup for the Sinister Six.

1 minute ago, Mr Ben said:

From one of the articles linked from that trailer page:

Hide contents

So that multiverse thing is looking less likely before the movie is even released.

How do you work that out?

Think about where that character is right now.

Spoiler

Prison. He aint getting out anytime soon, so other than an after credits scene, which it may be, it'll be him interacting with Mysterio, likely after being caught out and imprisoned.

That's true, but he's usually a member of the six, although the twist may be that he is who/what/where he says he is. I guess we'll have to see. Its odd that there is a lack of a villain other than elementals in the trailers though.

39 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Think about where that character is right now.

Hide contents

Prison. He aint getting out anytime soon.

Endgame spoiler:

Spoiler

Is he though? It's set 5 years after the last film, could have been let out with barely functioning govts. or just escaped when all those people vanished.